PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about Ron Paul?

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 05:15 AM
the purpose of this is that i want to see how well each of our tactics work for getting Ron paul to the people... when i find the most effective method, than i will devote the majority of my time on that method. if that involves me going and knocking on every single human beings door than i will.

Danny Molina
10-24-2007, 05:19 AM
When I saw him at the first debate. Then more from the interwebs.

noxagol
10-24-2007, 05:22 AM
Youtube for me.

vauge
10-24-2007, 05:23 AM
About 6 years ago I wrote all the TX congress persons over an issue dear to my heart (national sales tax).

He & Sam Johnson were the only ones who write back. :/

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 05:27 AM
I personally found out about him i guess you could say family, but i think it had a lot more to do with the internet.

SwooshOU
10-24-2007, 05:27 AM
So many Dugg articles made me wonder who this dude was. That was what did it for me.

SwanMaiden
10-24-2007, 05:29 AM
I first heard about him from my brother, who in turn heard about him from some enthusiastic co-workers, and who knows where they heard about him. But anyway, my brother was all suddenly enthusiastic on the phone about this candidate I had never even heard of, so I Googled Ron Paul (hehe) just to see who this guy was that had my bro so worked up. I clicked on his Wikipedia page and glanced over it and thought to myself, "Heh, he seems alright." and then forgot about it. But my brother continued to be enthusiastic and wouldn't let it go, so I was inspired to look up more, stumbled on some YouTube videos, some excerpts of speeches, some info on his record. The more I learned the more I liked. It was an intense time. In the course of little more than a few hours I felt as though the curtains had parted and the light of real truth shone upon me for the first time. My whole view on so many things I thought I was steadfast on changed just like that, because once I heard such pure truth it all seemed so obvious, there was no other answer. I also quickly caught on to his massive internet support and that my brother was not the only one so enthusiastic about Ron Paul. This encouraged me, and the rest, as they say, is history.:D

noxagol
10-24-2007, 05:29 AM
So many Dugg articles made me wonder who this dude was. That was what did it for me.

A friend of mine looked into him because of all the spam of Ron Paul 2008 in you tube video comments.

tsetsefly
10-24-2007, 05:48 AM
internet like 4 years ago reading an article where Ron paul was mentioned as the only libertarian in congress or one of the few...

LibertyEagle
10-24-2007, 05:50 AM
the purpose of this is that i want to see how well each of our tactics work for getting Ron paul to the people... when i find the most effective method, than i will devote the majority of my time on that method. if that involves me going and knocking on every single human beings door than i will.

The problem is, it appears that few are doing this. We've got the internet covered. What we have almost totally ignored is all those people who do not spend every waking moment on the internet, or don't even have it at all.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just really believe if we would have a huge effort to hand out Slim Jims, even so far as going door-to-door for those who are able, we would really see our poll numbers turn around. That, and hitting every large event close to us. Most certainly at every gun show, there should be a Ron Paul table. These people are easy pickin' for Ron Paul. :)

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 05:55 AM
i think the most effective is just talking to people, if the people on the internet havnt heard of ron paul yet there is someting wrong. i talk to people every chance i get and hand them a slim jim, especially old people, they are the most willing to talk about it.

iv found that old people just love ron paul too, not just young people... its a matter of getting it out to them, they watch there bias TV news and dont know any better.

ValidusCustodiae
10-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Some of you might not like it, but I found out about Ron Paul on Alex Jones' Prison Planet website. Alex introduced me not only to Ron Paul, but to most of the reasons why we need Ron Paul. Those of you that quickly denounce "conspiracy theorists" would serve all of us well to take the time to investigate the claims that people like Alex Jones are making. Alex Jones himself encourages his audience to research and confirm these facts on their own instead of taking his word for it. His press credentials are significant. In my opinion, Alex Jones is a real journalist doing the job that most journalists should be doing, digging up important facts and presenting them to his audience instead of mindlessly repeating government press releases like most of the media does.

Flame me if you like. I watched Ron Paul's candidacy announcement the day it was released and knew as I watched it that we actually had hope and that the cause of liberty had not yet been lost. He has brought hope to all of us and that is why I feel his campaign slogan "Hope for America" is beautifully appropriate. Ron Paul welcomes the support of all of us "truthers" and all of us "truthers" would appreciate it if other Ron Paul supporters, whether they agree or disagree with us, would welcome our support as well. If you only knew what we know maybe you would understand.

LibertyEagle
10-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Get over yourself. I knew about this stuff AJ talks about, before he reached puberty. It's not new, you know.

Truthers of course are very welcome. I think you know the only thing that anyone has ever had a problem with, are when some mix the messages.

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Some of you might not like it, but I found out about Ron Paul on Alex Jones' Prison Planet website.

i have watched all the movies, zeitgeist, from freedom to fascism, outfoxed, fiat empire, prison planet.

a lot of what i see is that(not freedom to fascism or outfoxed) they will take facts and present them in a way to make an opinion appear true... like in zeitgeist, i believe everything in the movie was TRUE but what i don't believe is what they presented the facts to stand for because there is no real proof a 1 world government is on its way. but I'm sure its only a matter of time...

i also got to thinking these movies cant be any worse than what the media presents to us.
im 99% positive that no one here trusts the mainstream media...

demosthenes
10-24-2007, 06:08 AM
I heard the call of freedom sound!

Seriously, the internet.

LibertyEagle
10-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Garrett, I suggest you go check out the UN's Agenda 21 and also familiarize yourself with all the regionalization that has been going on around the world. It's just our turn now is all. This regionalization has been talked about for YEARS, long before it started being done.

Here's something interesting for you to read:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/files/documents/MergerInTheMaking.pdf

ValidusCustodiae
10-24-2007, 06:17 AM
In his own speeches, Ron talks about the threats to our sovereignty that come from U.N. and he is the first one to admit that the U.N. is a precursor to world government.

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 06:48 AM
I met him while I was an intern in congress a few years ago, and was stunned at how much more I liked him than the guy I worked for...

wgadget
10-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Watched debate on internet, then went to youtube.com.

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Garrett, I suggest you go check out the UN's Agenda 21 and also familiarize yourself with all the regionalization that has been going on around the world. It's just our turn now is all. This regionalization has been talked about for YEARS, long before it started being done.

Here's something interesting for you to read:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/files/documents/MergerInTheMaking.pdf

well i realize whats going on with the north American union and the lost treaty and all that... but i just cannot see joining with an African union. what, are we going to start wars with all the cartels next? Africa has way more dangerous people in it than the middle east... and im talking dangerous people with more money than you could ever imagine.

DrNoZone
10-24-2007, 07:09 AM
I've known about and supported Ron Paul for a decade or more now, but I can't recall exactly where I first learned about him. It was likely through the Libertarian Party, or through LewRockwell.

kaleidoscope eyes
10-24-2007, 07:09 AM
When I saw him at the first debate. Then more from the interwebs.
ditto that

JMann
10-24-2007, 07:12 AM
When he ran for Senate in Texas in the early 80's my father and I picked him up from the airport for a campaign stop. I had followed him through the years but in February when I saw he was running for President I started checking the web daily to find out more about the campaign.

LizF
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
From watching the early debates (April & May).

I became a committed supporter after the reaction from Giuliani & stupid audience members attempting to shut down an honest man who was in the right.

enjerth
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I first heard of Ron Paul from a guy who had overrun one of the forums I frequent years ago and always spammed it with uninteresting news articles. I always dismissed him and his opinions since from what dialog I had shared with him, I could tell he was a total nutjob. He was occasionally spamming the forum with news about Ron Paul that nobody read.

Then I finally learned and became interested in Ron Paul after watching the NH debate on Fox News. After watching that debate, I knew Paul was the only real leader up there.

bullterrier0
10-24-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=11015

^

A friend sent me the above link. I was literally floored by this speech. There was no doubt in my mind that I needed to get involved.

Ninja Homer
10-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I learned of Ron Paul through an alternative health newsletter.

koob
10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
digg.com

Mani
10-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Met him at a conference last year.

Mani
10-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Some people saw him first on Freedom To Fascism.

Elwar
10-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I heard about him from a Libertarian friend about 10 years ago. He mentioned how Ron Paul was on a C-SPAN interview and a caller called in and said they should have a "Libertarian line". Ron Paul said, that's true you should have a Libertarian line.

Ron Paul is one of the first people you learn about once you realize you're a libertarian.

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 10:12 AM
I heard about him from a Libertarian friend about 10 years ago. He mentioned how Ron Paul was on a C-SPAN interview and a caller called in and said they should have a "Libertarian line". Ron Paul said, that's true you should have a Libertarian line.

Ron Paul is one of the first people you learn about once you realize you're a libertarian.

ha thats funny because they do have a libertarian line now... at least sometimes they do...

Starks
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
The May 15th debate.

EvoPro
10-24-2007, 10:27 AM
when I searched on youtube for 'Republican Debate' back in May.

Most people that found Ron Paul through other means than the internet will not end up at these forums.

dsentell
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Alex Jones -- infowars.com

c0unterph0bia
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
YouTube

DianeDL
10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
when I searched on youtube for 'Republican Debate' back in May.

Most people that found Ron Paul through other means than the internet will not end up at these forums.

Well I am one that NEVER has been on a forum before as I did not even know what they were a year ago...so I have to say you may be surprised at how many out there are new to this.

My boyfriend who is English and lives in Surrey, England, (I am an Oregonian) saw him first on Freedom To Fascism. He looked more into who RP was...liked what he learned...and told me to do some reading on him.

Next thing ya know....I am now republican and will be doing all I can to get our Oregon delegates to vote RP!

slantedview
10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Found out about him on various blogs, mostly on Mish's economics blog (Mish is a big RP supporter):

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
wow i wonder if our Guerilla marketing signs are working at all... or just scaring people...