PDA

View Full Version : "One Term President Obama" package deal

Suzu
03-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Russ Edwards, a long-time friend of mine, who is a marketing consultant, hatched an idea, started working on it, and then realized he is too busy with another project to give proper attention to this one, and he asked me to help him find someone to take it over. I think it has merit and great potential.

What follows below is what Russ sent me. If you decide to contact him, please let him know you got the info from Suzu.:cool:

Hi Pat –

I hope you and the kitties are doing well. Sincerely I do.

I wanted to tell you about something that might be able to either further your cause or make you some money, or both.

You know I am no fan of Obama.

And I had hoped to have the time do help defeat him in 2012. To that end I started building an internet ecosystem that would be the basis for my endeavor, a project called:

One Term President Obama

But my other project is sucking up all my time and would suffer if I spent the time on the “One Term” project that it would need to be successful.

With the clock ticking down to 2012, and all the groups and candidates now positioning themselves for the fight, this is the optimum time to liquidate it.

That will give the new owner either time to build influence, or time to build profits, depending upon which way they want to go.

The package now includes the .com, .org, .net, .info, and .us versions of onetermpresidentobama, the associated emails (admin@,) the gmail, hotmail, live, and yahoo emails, and a Washington D.C. phone number (202-681-1777).

So for someone who wants to do what I had planned – use this platform to build an organization to help defeat O in 2012 – this is the perfect soapbox. Whether as a simple blog or a full blown 527, the foundation is there. Fundraising with a name like this is a piece of cake.

Alternatively, if someone wanted just to monetize it, this can easily be a traffic magnet.

Even launching a career as a political commentator is easily possible, presuming one has interesting comments to make.

The flexibility is there to capitalize on what is and will be a red-hot topic for the next 21 months or so.

I am not even sure what I would take for it. $25,000.00? $10 grand? Today’s market for this is somewhere around there, and obviously that price will continue to rise as the election commotion heats up.

I’ve spoken to one local Tea Party guy who believes his small group would pay $100,000.00 for it, since the guy who heads it made a killing of several times that in 2008 with a non-profit he ran back then. But their next meeting isn’t until June and he says it takes them a month to decide on what kind of coffee to buy.

I will not wait until June or later. Next week I will start sending emails to various Tea Party groups, PACs, 527s, special interest groups, and candidates, letting them know what’s available. I have included a draft of what I will send them.

I have no doubt that some group will want to jump on this, of only to keep some other group from getting it!

And I ought not to have any problem getting any number of pro-Obama groups to go for it, too, since that way they can better control his image. But I don’t know if I could stand doing that. I guess for the right money I could.

I also know many of the Ron Paul people bought a bunch of websites last time, and that’s why I thought of you.

First of all, I trust you waaaay more than any of these other political people. I know a few, and they make John Edwards look like a saint. They would sell their mother for a buck.

If you could find someone (or an organization) that had the money and could run with this, it increases the chance of defeating O.

I know if you had the money you could easily handle this yourself, so even you finding a partner is the kind of thing I could work with you on.

Point is, I need to sell this, and I would really like to see you get something out of it. I know you have put a lot into the Paul thing and now this could make all of that worthwhile.

I am very open to ideas, but I am not going to give this away or finance it or share in the profits later. I am sure you can tell if someone is trying to steal it.

But right now there are a lot of ways this can go, and thus far the few I have mentioned it to have been very responsive, but held back by the bureaucracy of their organizations.

I have not mentioned this to anyone else yet, but I will starting next week unless you have any ideas.

Remember, it would wrong to think of this as simply a collection of political domain names.

This is *the* political domain name / phrase / hot issue of our time.

We all have different pet issues and candidates – and that divides us. But we all can unite around the idea of a One Term President Obama, and that is priceless.

Below, also, is a draft of a “sales pitch” focusing more on the monetization aspect rather than my preference that this be used to achieve a political objective, but both enclosures below help frame the value of this package from both angles.

And each of the onetermpresidentobama websites has a link at the bottom of the yellow box that opens a longer description of the opportunity, which you should also read.

It’s late, I’m tired, and I don’t know if the above makes any sense. But if you can make money and/or change history with this, I would be thrilled.

Suzu
03-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I should add that Russ is a really smart fellow (and not humble about it). I've known him for almost 11 years and seen him in action.... Here is some more of his correspondence:

As to the similar domain names, I chose the ones I did based upon my marketing genius. I agree that those you suggested and several others make sense, but were not included for a number of reasons that would take a very long time to detail, but the gist of it is that my usability studies and analysis of web users indicate that in this particular phrase – “one term” – very few would think of it as numeral 1 as opposed to the word “one.” In print in the tons of articles about O’s reelection, it is always “one term” and it is also a more sophisticated way to present it.

As an aside, even “reelection” vs “re-election” has a more sophisticated and educated look. Some may disagree or believe some of the words and syntax I use are grammatically incorrect, but that is not relevant when making the impression needed in this medium and context. Trust me on this!

So to include anything in the package that has a 1 in it (or likewise, hyphens) kinda cheapens it, at least to the target market I’ve defined (which is someone politically motivated who also has $10 grand or better to spend).

Related, terms like onetermobama.nnn jump out (again, to those in our target) as being syntactically incorrect, as we are talking about a one term president, not a one term obama. People know it is the presidency that has terms, not people.

Point is, there are several combinations of words that initially might initially seem to convey the same sentiment, but upon further analysis are flawed.

Moreover, the term most used by the conservative talking heads that are heard by most folks (Hannity, Limbaugh) is “one term president Obama” as well as it being by far the most common term used in print.

And most of the other related terms – dumpobama, defeatobama, dumpobama2012, defeatobama2012, and so on – are already taken, some for resale at $50,000 or better, and that is just for one name, not the entire collection.

So we have the right mix – professional without including all the cheap or hokey sounding ones. And to put a finer point on it, our “One Term President Obama” describes a situation all of us would like to see, whereas the others sound more like merely a bumper sticker slogan.

Again, I may not be able to fully explain why our exact terms are the right ones, but trust me, they are.

And after looking into it more, I am pretty sure that to the right group a price of $10,000.00 is absolutely a deal for them. The fundraising potential of this is in the millions over the next 21 months.

It would cost a few hundred to form a non-profit org, and another few to start advertising, but for less that a grand (plus the cost of this package) a legit organization would be up and running and collecting donations.

The rules are pretty liberal for those 501 and 527 type groups, so the administrators can collect a huge salary and all kinds of expenses, so long as a chunk of the take is spent on the cause, which often is simply more advertising for more contributions!

Hundreds of millions have been made the last couple of elections by kitchen table folks who snag a good name and milk it, and in that sense our package is a gift at $10k.

To me, while the money would be nice, if I had to choose I would prefer to see O as a one term president, rather than simply use this to get rich. But both are easily doable.

I just don’t have the time to do anything with this and any money I have needs to go elsewhere, which is where the real, long term money is.

Anyway, Obama can make someone rich here.

If the Paul people are serious, they need to own this.

One term President Obama (http://www.onetermpresidentobama.com)!!

Russ . . .

ronpaulhawaii
04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm bumping this because Suzu has been a strong supporter and a valuable activist. I have no idea of the value of these type things and am curious what others think...

Suzu
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm curious what others think, too! Prior to making the OP, I thought someone would want to take this immediately. I know I sure would, if I had the time & money to invest. But the thread has gotten very little attention.

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Wonder if anyone's sober enough to read it properly. I'll bump it in the morning.

Suzu
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Wonder if anyone's sober enough to read it properly. I'll bump it in the morning.

Hmmm... is tonight a holiday? I mean, why wouldn't there be any sober folks on the forum at this time?

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Oh, maybe that was an overstatement. But morning is a better time to think business, imo.

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Well, it's kind of a long address, but his points about it are good. The D.C. phone number is an interesting perk.