PDA

View Full Version : Redstate: The “Indiana GOP mocking their AWOL colleagues” Open Thread.

Agorism
03-10-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2011/03/10/the-indiana-gop-mocking-their-awol-colleagues-open-thread/
The “Indiana GOP mocking their AWOL colleagues” Open Thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnLNnGDzV3c&tracker=False

Call this fallout from the defeat of Wisconsin Democrats; call it a wondrous example of political-themed poetry/music/parody songs THAT ACTUALLY SCANS; or just call it funny. Any way you look at it, this parody of John Denver’s “Country Roads” by Indiana legislators making (deserved) fun of their AWOL Democratic colleagues is worth watching. Via The Campaign Spot:

angelatc
03-10-2011, 05:53 PM
THat's pretty funny;

Lyrics (From Campaign Stop)

Lyrics: (from The Campaign Spot)

74 bring them home to the place they belong, Indiana, not Urbana, take them home 74. Pat Bauer, lost his mind, took his caucus, ran across state lines,

Right to work, PLA’s, bunch other stuff, made them run away. 74 bring them home, to the place they belong, Indiana not Urbana take them home 74. School reform, was our plea rather than debate it, they all chose to flee. When they come back, time will tell, if they don’t, they can go to (slap).

74 bring them home to the place they belong, Indiana, not Urbana, take them home 74. Unemployment, who steps up? we got elected, stop acting like you won, When they show up, you know who, just like Noah’s ark they come back two by two 74 bring them home to the place they belong, Indiana, not Urbana, take them home 74

Agorism
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Are you gonna rate my thread one star like you usually do?

angelatc
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Are you gonna rate my thread one star like you usually do?

Honestly, I don't think it's me doing it. But I just gave you 5 on this one, even though I think Moe Lane is a vile human being. :)

The only other thread of yours I even remember was some ThinkProgress / Keith Olbermann thing that ended up with about 10 retractions from ThinkProgress.