PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Capitol locked down as state Assembly takes up bill

LibertyRevolution
03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Wisconsin Capitol locked down as state Assembly takes up bill
No one is allowed in the building, not even credentialed news.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/10/wisconsin.budget/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

So, you were all fine with them setting the limit on not letting them protest after hours.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?282322-WI-Judge-Rules-Demonstrators-Lose-Right-to-Assemble.

DO YOU SEE WERE THIS LEADS IF YOU LET THEM LIMIT YOUR RIGHT TO PROTEST?!

specsaregood
03-10-2011, 11:26 AM
So, you were all fine with them setting the limit on not letting them protest after hours.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?282322-WI-Judge-Rules-Demonstrators-Lose-Right-to-Assemble.

DO YOU SEE WERE THIS LEADS IF YOU LET THEM LIMIT YOUR RIGHT TO PROTEST?!

I think this is where it leads when a mob breaks in during the night.

UtahApocalypse
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't support the cause of these protesters. I however support the right to do it. I also am completely ashamed at the tactics being used by both sides in the Wisconsin Senate. The entire future of our political processes nationwide could be in jeopardy. The precedents being set over this calamity could have everlasting and far spread effects.

aclove
03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
That's right! This kind of thing will lead directly to fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...the dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!

Johnnybags
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Lets see now, the Democrats ran away cuz they were going to lose a vote brought by newly elected members from the people of Wisconsin and its the the Republicans fault? The voters can vote them out soon enough and change everything back towards a bankruptcy if they want so I blame the democraps, 100%. Tough being in the minority but too bad.

FrankRep
03-10-2011, 12:05 PM
How badly did the Pro-Union Protesters trash the Capital this time?

moostraks
03-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I think this is where it leads when a mob breaks in during the night.

And agent provocateurs lead to the need for free speech zones? Two wrongs don't make a right...

specsaregood
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
And agent provocateurs lead to the need for free speech zones? Two wrongs don't make a right...

Is it your opinion that freedom of speech means being able to protest anywhere where one wants?

moostraks
03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Is it your opinion that freedom of speech means being able to protest anywhere where one wants?

I don't believe it should be limited to cages. There is a balance to be struck between those who have a right to speech and those who are being abusive with it. The government response is usually overkill just like in this situation. My guess is many will jump to support the overreaction because they disagree with the viewpoint of those being stifled.

specsaregood
03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't believe it should be limited to cages. There is a balance to be struck between those who have a right to speech and those who are being abusive with it. The government response is usually overkill just like in this situation. My guess is many will jump to support the overreaction because they disagree with the viewpoint of those being stifled.

Are the protestors in Wisconsin being limited to cages? From what I read it looks like they are actually being locked out of the cages -- the building -- so the legislators can do their job.

Vessol
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
http://pineappleope.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jackson_popcorn.gif

moostraks
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Are the protestors in Wisconsin being limited to cages? From what I read it looks like they are actually being locked out of the cages -- the building -- so the legislators can do their job.

It is/was overkill. Looks to be reopened with searches. It is all part of the program for making good citizens who fear their government.