PDA

View Full Version : Gaddafi troops pound Libya rebels out of Ras Lanuf

RonPaulFanInGA
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/10/ras-lanuf-rebel-retreat-libya

Libyan rebels have fled the strategic oil port of Ras Lanuf under a fierce barrage of artillery fire, air strikes and rockets as a counterattack by pro-Gaddafi forces appears to be gaining momentum.

Pericles
03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
In open warfare, the passage of time will favor the side with the better logistical capabilities.

silverhandorder
03-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I seem to have a soft spot for the underdog. With Gadaffi pledging to fight to the end and all i was secretly hoping he stays. Right after I thought that I asked my self "Wtf is wrong with me? " I feel guilty now :(.

Anyways feelings aside I do hope that rebels win. Middle East can really use some freedom at this point.

messana
03-10-2011, 11:42 AM
The only way Libyans can loose this war is if the UN/US gets involved.

Kregisen
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
So how did this whole libya thing start? Did it just start after the libyan citizens saw the egyptians overthrow their dictator, and they wanted to do the same, but the government is fighting back?

South Park Fan
03-10-2011, 05:20 PM
The only way Libyans can loose this war is if the UN/US gets involved.

By the Libyans, do you mean the rebels or the regimists?

dannno
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Is there evidence of the CIA or international intelligence being behind the uprising in Libya? Libya is not a friend of western interests.

jclay2
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Gadaffi is a fool. He should have taken his billions in gold and retired in silence. But I guess some people love control and power to much to give it up. Now the west is going to get on the side of the rebels and help install another puppet like gadaffi.

dannno
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Morally Indignant Sharks Circle Libya While Osama Smiles

http://www.lewrockwell.com/margolis/margolis230.html

This writer has reported for weeks that Britain’s elite Special Air Service (SAS) has been rallying anti-Gadaffi forces in and around Benghazi, seizing desert oil installations, and helping attack pro-Gadaffi forces. Britain has stoutly denied this.

Then, oh dear! To London’s monumental embarrassment, eight SAS and intelligence officers from MI6 Secret Intelligence Service were arrested in Libya. They have since departed aboard a British warship. But this contingent was only one of many active in Libya and made liars of the British government. Sticky wicket, what!

Speaking of double standards, the Brits, who have been howling about Somali pirates, grabbed a Libya-bound freighter laden with Libyan currency in the finest tradition of Sir Henry Morgan. Washington is trying to put the grabbers on Libya’s $70 billion sovereign wealth fund. The age of piracy is not dead.

British intelligence has been active in Benghazi for thirty years, stirring up anti-Gadaffi sentiment and trying to subvert his rule.

In 1998, Britain’s MI6 mounted an unsuccessful attempt in Benghazi to murder Gadaffi with a car bomb because of his support for the IRA. Many civilians died. Now, the Brits have gone into high gear, apparently trying to reassert London’s influence over its former oil-rich former colony.

oyarde
03-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Is there evidence of the CIA or international intelligence being behind the uprising in Libya? Libya is not a friend of western interests.

It is the Brits , SAS .