PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Legislators Follow Wisconsin Lawmakers' Footsteps

FrankRep
03-09-2011, 10:57 PM
http://thenewamerican.com/images/stories2011/10aMarch/idaho-capitol.001.jpg

The Idaho legislature has angered teacher unions by passing two parts of an three-part education reform package proposed by Governor C.L. Butch Otter and Idaho Superintendent of Education Tom Luna.

Idaho Legislators Follow Wisconsin Lawmakers' Footsteps (http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/6636-idaho-legislators-follow-wisconsin-lawmakers-footsteps)

Raven Clabough | The New American (http://thenewamerican.com/)
10 March 2011

libertybrewcity
03-09-2011, 11:44 PM
i like that bill even better than the Wisconsin one! wow!

BuddyRey
03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Have we any Idahoans on RPF's? I was curious as to whether they enjoy living there. It looks like a beautiful place to me.

kpfareal
03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I was born a raised most of my life in Oregon and have driven through Idaho a few times. Northern Idaho and western Montana are BEAUTIFUL. If my wife wasn't adamant about living in the south, that's where I would be.

kpfareal
03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Just read the article... awesome bills!

Carehn
03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Have we any Idahoans on RPF's? I was curious as to whether they enjoy living there. It looks like a beautiful place to me.
Yes its a good place to live. The state government is much less tyrannical then most. And may compete for the most free state in the union. It has forests, mountains, high-desert landscape and hundreds of thousands of nutty mormons. (like hobbits with no life)

Should be considered as a west coast free state project. aside from the judeo-corporatists its AOK.

BuddyRey
03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I was born a raised most of my life in Oregon and have driven through Idaho a few times. Northern Idaho and western Montana are BEAUTIFUL. If my wife wasn't adamant about living in the south, that's where I would be.

How would you compare the general atmosphere (climate, topography, air quality) with that of North Carolina? Is it much colder up there?

Sorry I'm so full of questions. I've never been away from the East Coast, so I have all these romantic notions about what it must be like out west. :)

Stary Hickory
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Well the fall of union influence is a forgone conclusion in any case. State budgets cannot survive the fiscal storm that is brewing without severe and fundamental cuts. There is no way to avoid this, no matter how much you scream and yell.

Carehn
03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
How would you compare the general atmosphere (climate, topography, air quality) with that of North Carolina? Is it much colder up there?

Sorry I'm so full of questions. I've never been away from the East Coast, so I have all these romantic notions about what it must be like out west. :)
I also lived in Oregon most of my life. Idaho is much more christian then oregon. the climates are about the same. Idaho seems a bit colder then oregon did to me. Both states lean libertarian but oregon is left and idaho right. People in both states will not like east coast people causing problems about town. It may be best not to drive like one as well. Nobody likes california. That one is good to know. Air and water quality is outstanding but idaho has the hardest water ever wile oregon has no such problem.

One time when living in sunvalley idaho it snowed on the 4th of july.
No humidity except on the coast just west of the cascades. Just remembor... No one in the west likes california. Its been given up as a lost cause.

aclove
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
@BuddyRey - My wife is from Spokane, Washington, which is very close to the Idaho border. I visited last August to meet her dad's extended family. I'm a Charlotte, NC native.

You and I both know what it's like here in August. I won't go into it. In eastern Washington/northwestern Idaho, it was very low humidity and in the low 80s. The difference was night and day.

The flip side of that is that the winters there are no joke. It snows early, often, and heavy, and most of the winter the snow never melts away completely. My father-in-law also complains about the fact that it gets dark there between 4:30 and 5pm during the winter.

HOLLYWOOD
03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
i like that bill even better than the Wisconsin one! wow!

Should be the template for other states... the key is to see exactly what the outcome/results of student educational levels per cost. This should prove on better scoring (education level of students) AND lower costs to the taxpayers. Finally competition induced amongst the teachers themselves and eliminating under standard and dead weight staff. WIN-WIN-WIN... Students, Taxpayers, and hard working teachers.

The legislation lets districts fire teachers when school enrollment drops and limits negotiations to salaries and benefits. It also drops seniority as a factor in layoffs and phases out tenure for new teachers in favor of two-year rolling contracts. It also eliminates the program that provides cash incentives for teachers who retire early. Furthermore, school districts that lose students will no longer be permitted to hold on to 99 percent of the state funding that came with the student.