PDA

View Full Version : Relevance and Irrelevance: Nov5th, Huckabee, etc.

jamesmadison
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
In my first thread I discuss the freedom and its relevance to you, me and the rest of this world.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28268
In this thread I will attempt to bring light to relevant and irrelevant topics that seemingly stir up quite a controversy on these forums for no apparent reason.

1) November 5th Fundraiser
Allegation: November 5th will bring negative media attention to Ron Paul.
- Ron Paul receives by far the least amount of media attention per amount of money he has raised - and when he does receive attention it is usually critical and fallacious. To my understanding we are at the at a point where any media attention is good for Ron Paul. I will explain.

- We are at the inflection point where understanding of Ron Paul (Liberty) and the ideas of liberty are prominent enough that if peope hear Ron Paul and he starts a controversy that it would attract people to the message of liberty. There are enough supporters to educate the non supporters but what we need is a bridge to reach these supporters. Thus, i propose that even a horribly slanderous campaign against Ron Paul by MSM would attract attention and be beneficial to the cause.

- I also propose a rebuttal to the DEAN/Buchanan proposition against the theory that "All press is good press." This rebuttal is that all press is good press if the subject of the press is good(in a broad definition including intelligence, moral, etc.) It is much more difficult to twist opinion on someone that stands for liberty then it is buchanan (a demagogue) or dean (mr. scream). An intelligent person would not have done what Dean did.

- The force of change in this world and the shaper will become generation I (internet). I forsee increased political instability with the continued evolution of the conscious of the world. No longer are we isolated from each other where one can say the boogie man from Iraq is going to get you. No longer do we fall for cheap tricks and tactics that preceding generations fall for. We can now voice our opinion and they won't listen. We don't need them to. We are the future, they are the past. The world will change as we grow older and ideology of today's administration will be recognized for the barbarisms it is and looked down upon such as we look at the dark ages. We live in a dark age but the light (fiber optics) is beginning to shine. This is why it is of importance that we consider the 5th of november as an attractive force for the youth. Freedom is the essence of the young and this is the only ideology that will appeal to them. Freedom to do whatever you want as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others. If the youth began to vote in large numbers it would have catastrophic consequences.

2) Mike Huckabee
- Americans are overwhelmingly against the Iraqi war and almost half of the republican party is against the war. Every other republican is for the war and Ron Paul (Freedom) is the lone soldier against it. This is why a surge of huckabee support may actually be the best thing for Ron Paul. It will take vote from Rudi and Mitt - Thompson has no chance he's an old horse that is withering away. If the voting of the Pro War gorillas is diluted enough Paul might stand a chance to actually win Iowa and Crush New Hampshire. 40% of Republicans are against the war that means the Ron Paul campaign should get EVERY republican that is against the war to vote for him. If we focus on these people ron paul will win. Focus on not just republicans but militant anti war liberals and libertarians. They will follow Paul if he pledges not to cut social programs.

- I see no other way Paul can win unless he continues to attack the Republicans on the war issue. This should be his main issue and focus. Stop the war.

- Further, what we want to attract is open-minded intelligent people. Huckabee denies evolution and believes that god created man. This is against the predominance of evidence that shows clear mechanisms and genomic evidence in favor of evolution. Such a position is weak and easily refutable, and i'm sure ron paul could study the facts and be well versed against creationist argument. If ron paul attacks huckster on these issues it will attract the religious right in defense of huckabee away from mitt and rudy.

- Huckabee support is perhaps our greatest gift. He will take the religious nuts with him away from Rudy and Mitt and ron paul will still get the antiwar vote.

3) The irrelevance of dates in fundraising.

The only relevance of money is that is allows us to get the message out. If you convinced your best friend alone Ron Paul was only hope for america this would probably equal a 100$ donation to the ron paul campaign. Money gets a message to people but people also get a message to people.

- What is more effective? If your friend tries to convince you of something or you hear an add on the radio. Tell everyone! Let is spread like wild fires. Use the word of mouth to spread the message of Liberty! It is powerful and people will listen.

- Stop arguing over meaningless points.
- Become united for the goals of liberty and freedom.

Let freedom ring!

By God almighty, let freedom ring!