PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska LibertyFest 2011

forsmant
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
The Nebraska Campaign for Liberty is trying to put on an event the weekend before the Ames straw poll.

We’d like to provide a gathering place event for the liberty-minded of Nebraska and the surrounding area.

We have ideas for live entertainment, we’ll invite candidates for various offices (especially the Senate seat), as well as those representing various organizations, to speak. Public officials who have show some interest in promoting liberty will be invited to participate.

We’ll cast a wide net, and will invite presidential candidates or their surrogates to cross the Missouri River and speak to our group—however this should not be viewed as an endorsement of any candidate. We want liberty minded folks in Nebraska to have the opportunity to hear and meet as many candidates for themselves as possible.

Our hope is for this to be an early August event. We have a couple of venues that we are looking at, primarily in the Omaha metro area.

We don't have a lot of money to put on events and this is still just something we are looking at doing. Let me know if you are interested in this event or have any suggestions.

http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/campaign-0-2152

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Sounds awesome. Makes me wish I lived in Nebraska.

forsmant
03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks Joe

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I think it is a great idea and would encourage everyone to throw a few dollars towards this event if you have it to spare.

Cowlesy
03-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Pledge $50.00.

I am pretty sure Nebraska is near Iowa.

Go Nebraskans!

forsmant
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
The event will most likely be held right across the river. You will be able to see Iowa and wonder what the big deal is......

LeAmistad
03-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Nebraska is a wonderful place.

Immortal Technique
03-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Should call it LibertyStock :P

Thomas
03-10-2011, 07:36 PM
this is extremely bad timing...

forsmant
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
How so?

muzzled dogg
03-10-2011, 08:22 PM
How so?

weekend before the Ames straw poll.

c4l ppl who live that close to iowa should be on the ground

speciallyblend
03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
c4l ppl who live that close to iowa should be on the ground

100% totally agree, i love the idea of you guys throwing an event but you guys should do it after iowa so you can help us win the iowa straw poll which is huge! we need feet on the ground! i am going to do my best to come out to iowa for 1-4 weeks if i can or at least a few days. We have to win iowa at all costs!!

I love your idea forsmant but unless you can make you event bigger then the iowa event thru msm and gop circles then it would be best to have it after iowa!! every ron paul supporter in surrounding states and cfl members need to be knocking on doors everyday before iowa period!!

forsmant
03-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Its not my idea, i was just helping with marketing it. No date is set in stone so I will voice your concerns to the people in charge.

Eric21ND
03-13-2011, 11:31 AM
If you're not in Iowa, or donating to the cause in Iowa...you're not helping. That's the harsh truth.