PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite quotes/slogans

centure7
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
QUOTES:
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

"If we falter and lose our feedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Ron Paul has a record of philosophical consistency unmatched in recent congressional history. He seeks to limit government at practically every turn. His refusal to compromise is legendary."
-The Wall Street Joural

"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."
-Ronald Reagan

"One politican who cannot be bought by special interests"
-Maxwell Newton

SLOGANS:
Can't think of any... so I guess I'll make one up:
Vote for special interests or vote for freedom interests!

See if you can think up a slogan too :)

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 01:29 AM
This one can stump any big tax and spender in their tracks.

Even today, individual income taxes account for only approximately one-third of federal revenue. Eliminating one-third of the proposed 2007 budget would still leave federal spending at roughly $1.8 trillion – a sum greater than the budget just 6 years ago in 2000! Does anyone seriously believe we could not find ways to cut spending back to 2000 levels?

Ron Paul

TVMH
10-24-2007, 01:29 AM
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

centure7
10-24-2007, 02:02 AM
"Even today, individual income taxes account for only approximately one-third of federal revenue. Eliminating one-third of the proposed 2007 budget would still leave federal spending at roughly $1.8 trillion – a sum greater than the budget just 6 years ago in 2000! Does anyone seriously believe we could not find ways to cut spending back to 2000 levels?" - Ron Paul

I didn't realize that! Seems like if you have a by-the-facts view, it is realistic!

centure7
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Here is a few more quotes!

Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted into tyranny!
-Thomas Jefferson

Every generation needs a new revolution"
-Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Paul is the "one exception to the Gang of 535" on Capital Hill
- William Simon, former Secretary of the Treasury

Jordan
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."
-Ronald Reagan

Can someone cite that?

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
This wasn't mine so I'm taking credit, but in our thread on Burma shave ideas, this was my favorite (kudos to the author I can't remember):

It's leadership,
this country lacks.
Defend our borders,
not Iraq's.
Ron Paul 2008

1000-points-of-fright
10-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Ron Paul for President: He promises to leave you the fuck alone.

werdd
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
How do you deal with a people driven by such a religious zeal that they are willing to sacrifice their lives in order to kill an enemy simply because he doesn't worship the same God they do? People who believe that if they do that, they'll go instantly to heaven?"

Reagan

Marshall
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Ron Paul for President: He promises to leave you the fuck alone.

I love it!

aunt_shoes
10-24-2007, 10:09 PM
My doctor says that lowering taxes is good for your health.

centure7
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Yet more Ron Paul quotes:

The “Thomas Jefferson of our day”
- Andrew Napolitano, Former Superior Court Judge, Current Fox News Analyst

“We very badly need to have more representatives in the House who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom for the preservation and extension of human freedom in general…I wish you every success.”
- Milton Friedman, Nobel Prize Economist

Regarding where the Reagan quote came from: I saw it from RonPaul.org video. However, I don't know where they are getting their quote from. Furthermore, I looked at every link that contained a "unique" part of the quote and did not find any more information on the source.

centure7
10-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Two great quotes from one person!

"I've known Ron a very, very long time. I like to think of Ron Paul as 'The Conscience,'" DeLay said. "You've always got to have a conscience."
- Tom DeLay, Former Republican House Majority Leader

"We've got to be on the ground," said DeLay, when asked how Republicans could stop a second Clinton presidency. "Grassroots is more important today than money."
- Tom DeLay, Former Republican House Majority Leader

Primbs
10-26-2007, 12:33 AM
-Ronald Reagan

We need this in our ads in New Hampshire and California.

0zzy
10-26-2007, 09:41 PM
"You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path."
-Ronald Reagan, "A Time for Choosing"

"If we continue to live beyond or means we will be destined to live beneath our means."
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. "
"Capitalism should not be condemned, since we haven't had capitalism."
-Ron Paul

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
See my sig. :)

centure7
10-26-2007, 10:18 PM
"Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war."
-John Adams

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
-Samuel Adams

blamx8
10-26-2007, 11:36 PM
"I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?" --John Adams, July 3, 1776

kylejack
10-26-2007, 11:53 PM
"I disagree entirely with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage, against the dying of the light."
-Dylan Thomas

"If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs, obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud, of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues, --My friend, you would not tell with such high zest to children ardent for some desperate glory, the old Lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori."
-Wilfred Owen

foofighter20x
10-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Favorite slogan, eh....?

I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is MORE COWBELL!! :D

centure7
10-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Favorite slogan, eh....?

I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is MORE COWBELL!! :D

I'll steal your idea and turn it into an imaginary Ron Paul advertisement:
Dr. Ron Paul discovers cure to apathy!
His revolutionary prescription... the constitution!
Vote Ron Paul for President!
www.RonPaulIsHope.com

Or even shorter:
Dr. Ron Paul prescribes the constitution to cure our ailing nation.
Vote Ron Paul for President!
www.RonPaulIsHope.com

centure7
10-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Today's Quotes:

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.
- John F. Kennedy

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
- Thomas Jefferson

"We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

My own idea for a one-liner advertisement:
"Ron Paul does not want to become president... he wants to spread freedom and peace, and is running for president to accomplish it."

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 02:13 AM
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
- Thomas Jefferson

The following would be a humerous question to pose in the next debate, and ask Ron Paul last, as usual.

"Do you think the government should fear the people?"

8 quick no's and one long explained yes.

Then the debate moderator reads the Jefferson quote.

alicegardener
10-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Anyone else have a Burma shave type rime? We want to put up a string along the highway running through our farm. If we discover more than one, we might be inspired to make more for other locations as well. Funny would be best even though I know our country's situation is anything but funny. Funny makes people want to look.

James R
10-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Quotes:

"Ron Paul's speaking to people like me"... "He's an honorable man. He's a hardworking man."
-Barbara Hagan, former Congresswoman

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."
-Abraham Lincoln

"The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings."
- John F. Kennedy

NewEnd
10-28-2007, 12:51 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8435/catchinonis9.jpg

Hes catchin' on, Im tellin' you!

Magsec
10-28-2007, 01:19 PM
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
- Bertrand Russell

James R
10-29-2007, 02:22 AM
"I think Ron Paul knows something that the other candidates deep down in their shriveled hearts know but are scared to let themselves feel which is that people will vote for you even if they don't agree with you on everything. If they feel like your a guy or gal who's got a conscience, who's got some integrity, who's got some intelligence, who calls it like you see it, who thinks for yourself, you know who's not just a creation of a bunch of consultants... and he [Ron Paul] is that."
Rosa Brooks, LA Times Journalist

"The best road to progress is freedom's road."
- John F. Kennedy

"A government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!"
- Ronald Reagan