PDA

View Full Version : National Review: Paul Slams Obama, GOP Spending Plans: ‘I Think It’s Out of Control’

sailingaway
03-09-2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/261751/paul-slams-obama-gop-spending-plans-i-think-its-out-control-robert-costa

It is easy to comment.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Shawn - Mar 09, 2011 15:24

I love Paul, but I really wish he wouldn't echo the bad guys' attack lines by saying our plan won't "do anything to significantly alter things." This refers, of course, to entitlements.

This is such a disengenuous attack by 9 out of 10 who level it. They know entitlement reform is on the way in April when Paul Ryan puts forth the full budget, AND they know they fully intend to crucify us for starving kids and grannies the second Ryan opens his mouth. So spare us ANYTHING that smacks of "this isn't enough."

It's a solid starting point, and Democrats who say it isn't show they aren't even willing to do the relatively easy stuff, much less the hard stuff. Rand Paul shouldn't be helping them.

Oh boy....

CUnknown
03-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh boy....

I am getting really sick of lines like this, "Oh but they're trying, you should be supporting them! The other side is so much worse, it's all their fault."

I hear that all the time from my liberal friends, about completely different issues, but it's the same argument. It stinks as an argument on that side, and it stinks here. Give me some proof that they're trying. $50 bil is not proof, it's peanuts. They should all back Paul, and even if they don't have the votes in the end, at least that would go a long way towards convincing me of their true intentions.