PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Ben Bernanke Gets Schooled About Andrew Jackson, Currencies and Federal Debt

PermanentSleep
03-09-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdoaqiH6GK8

Kotin
03-09-2011, 01:57 PM
ben bernanke hesitantly answers "yes" to the question of whether a nation can have a currency and not have a trillion dollar debt..

dude seriously wtf.

PermanentSleep
03-09-2011, 02:00 PM
ben bernanke hesitantly answers "yes" to the question of whether a nation can have a currency and not have a trillion dollar debt..

dude seriously wtf.

Did you notice how anxious and annoyed he looked the whole time? Squirming in his chair like a trapped snake.

Vessol
03-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Facepalming is used too much..

We need another term..

Wesker1982
03-09-2011, 02:53 PM
lol, awesome.

RileyE104
03-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Is the Senator questioning him one of us??

freshjiva
03-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I can't believe my home state of Illinois actually elected Mark Kirk to the Senate.
Granted, he's no Libertarian, but this is far better than the hardcore Statists we usually conjure up (i.e. Dick Durbin).

Invi
03-09-2011, 03:17 PM
"Umm. When was that?"

Awesome.

sevin
03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
A currency without debt? Ummmmmmmmmm.......................

lol

Matthew Zak
03-09-2011, 03:34 PM
"Umm. When was that?"

Awesome.

Sadly, Ben is not as stupid as he sounds. He's trying to perpetuate the illusion that currency didn't exist before the central bank by denying any knowledge of it. Any regular joe schmo without an opinion on the federal reserve will think the guy bringing up andrew jackson for some obscure reason is an idiot. We need to make it clear that Ben is purposely deceiving people by playing stupid, and that he's relying on people to be ignorant in order to continue raping this country.

PermanentSleep
03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
We need to make it clear that Ben is purposely deceiving people by playing stupid, and that he's relying on people to be ignorant in order to continue raping this country.

+1

Bman
03-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I lol'd

Sentient Void
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
In Bernanke's defense, unless you're talking about a 100% reserve standard (which would negate the ability of 'banks' to exist / lend out money, as they would just be warehousing institutions and not actual 'banks'), all currencies in any fractional reserve system (including free banking, which I support), would be backed by asset liabilities / debt to at least some extent (depending on reserve ratios).

Regardless, fuck Bernanke and the Fed.

KurtBoyer25L
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
...and Mark Kirk finally justifies the existence of the molecules he's made of.

Matt Collins
03-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I nearly fell out of my chair at the point where he said "Andrew Jackson"!

nobody's_hero
03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Sadly, Ben is not as stupid as he sounds. He's trying to perpetuate the illusion that currency didn't exist before the central bank by denying any knowledge of it. Any regular joe schmo without an opinion on the federal reserve will think the guy bringing up andrew jackson for some obscure reason is an idiot. We need to make it clear that Ben is purposely deceiving people by playing stupid, and that he's relying on people to be ignorant in order to continue raping this country.

Well, he did a horrible job in that minute and fourteen seconds. He tried to make it sound like it was a terrible when banks issued their own forms of currencies and everyone was like, "Yea— . . . wait, um, was that so bad?"

Bernanke fail.

itshappening
03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Bernanke squirmed and looked at the chairman to get him out of the hole!

QueenB4Liberty
03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
hahaha that was awesome. But yeah, I think he is playing dumb to further hook American idiots in.

nobody's_hero
03-09-2011, 07:36 PM
hahaha that was awesome. But yeah, I think he is playing dumb to further hook American idiots in.

I could understand playing smart, but why would he want to play dumb if his target audience is the American people in general? It seems that he should want the American people to believe that he has all the answers.

Now—He may be playing dumb to fool folks like us, but then again, we already know what the plan is, which is to monetize the debt, inflation be damned.

I think the man is having some sort of identity crisis, in which he has to play a role that seems important to the financial sector, while being a puppet for the folks who tell him what to do, while having to go to Congress and make it look like he knows what he is doing, while knowing deep down inside himself that the economy would be just fine without him or the Federal Reserve system (hinted at in this video).

Romulus
03-09-2011, 08:22 PM

You are correct - he knows that most are complete fools when it comes to monetary policy. But he may not be able to rely on that much longer.

If only every member of Congress was forced to The Creature from Jekyll Island and watch America Freedom to Fascism.