PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Newt Gingrich is just too patriotic to be faithful to his wives

MRoCkEd
03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
http://spectator.org/blog/2011/03/09/newt-too-patriotic-to-be-faith

There’s no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate. And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn’t trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them. I found that I felt compelled to seek God’s forgiveness. Not God’s understanding, but God’s forgiveness.

akforme
03-09-2011, 01:34 PM
that is awesome. Give him credit, that kind of BS takes guts to actually say.

Original_Intent
03-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Reminds me of Romney in a debate with Ted Kennedy - q:What do you consider your greatest shortcoming?" A: (paraphrase) : "Well I think that I just give too much."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI Go to 3:40 mark.

Kotin
03-09-2011, 01:52 PM
that is awesome. Give him credit, that kind of BS takes guts to actually say.

what are you talking about?? he didnt really take responsibility..

this line right here sticks out like a sore thumb.. "partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country"

uh yeah.. ok...

fail.

Acala
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

dannno
03-09-2011, 02:03 PM
I think what he's saying is that he spent so much time away from his wives that there wasn't much passion in his marriages and so he had to seek it out elsewhere. Not defending his actions.. but you have to wonder how upsetting it may have been to his wives, or whether they were happy being married to a wealthy man who was gone most of the time so they could cheat on him with the guys they really liked while living in the lap of luxury. Maybe it was a mutual thing. Still not saying he's a great guy by any means, just trying to figure out what he was going for there.

MRoCkEd
03-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I think what he's saying is that he spent so much time away from his wives that there wasn't much passion in his marriages and so he had to seek it out elsewhere. Not defending his actions.. but you have to wonder how upsetting it may have been to his wives, or whether they were happy being married to a wealthy man who was gone most of the time so they could cheat on him with the guys they really liked while living in the lap of luxury. Maybe it was a mutual thing. Still not saying he's a great guy by any means, just trying to figure out what he was going for there.
He cheated on and divorced his first wife when she was undergoing cancer treatment.

He cheated on and divorced his second wife after she was diagnosed with MS. This was while he was leading the charge for Clinton's impeachment.

dannno
03-09-2011, 02:11 PM
He cheated on and divorced his first wife when she was undergoing cancer treatment.

Wait, didn't McCain do the same damn thing or something eerily similar??

He cheated on and divorced his second wife after she was diagnosed with MS. This was while he was leading the charge for Clinton's impeachment.

All while rallying for the war on drugs no doubt.. ironically cannabis is great for both cancer and MS patients.

scottditzen
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Man...the sad thing is, a lot of people are going to buy this.

If he at any point says "I feel your pain" in a heartfelt manner during a debate, I fear he would actually win in a landslide.

http://spectator.org/blog/2011/03/09/newt-too-patriotic-to-be-faith

Vessol
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
I'd argue that Ron Paul throughout his many years has worked much harder than Newt Gingrich and has had much more stress than him.

Bullshit excuse is bullshit.

Maybe he should've just used an American flag for a masturbation aid if he really feels that passionate for his country.

akforme
03-09-2011, 02:33 PM

this line right here sticks out like a sore thumb.. "partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country"

uh yeah.. ok...

fail.

hmm, you know that BS= bull shit right? Now go read my post again.

specsaregood
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
uh yeah.. ok...
fail.

No, sure he did and he told the truth. He was simply stating that while in office he proceeded to f*ck the entire country because he was so passionate about us all.

Anti Federalist
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I'd argue that Ron Paul throughout his many years has worked much harder than Newt Gingrich and has had much more stress than him.

Bullshit excuse is bullshit.

Maybe he should've just used an American flag for a masturbation aid if he really feels that passionate for his country.

That ^^^

acptulsa
03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
He was simply stating that while in office he proceeded to f*ck the entire country because he was so passionate about us all.

Or at least he sure gave it a hell of a try.

Passionate. He's certainly passionate about Newt. And he sure still thinks wrapping turds in flags and decorating them with crosses will still sell this nation turds.

Obviously positive thinking at work. He's just bound and determined to fool all of the people all of the time. Sounds like a few Southern Baptists I've met. 'Yeah, I sin all the time--makes me closer to God. He has to forgive me all the time. I'll bet He doesn't even know your name.'

ChaosControl
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
I hate adulterers, scumbag needs to be thrown out of society and shunned for life.

Grubb556
03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
If the state asked me to kill a family member, I would refuse, because I believe I have a greater duty or obligation to my family than to the state. Robert E. Lee probably also felt the same, which is why he fought for his home state. Perhaps Newt should reevalute his obligations and duties, and place his family and wife before the state.

erowe1
A good follow up question in the interview might have been:

If you get elected president, will you once again have to work as hard at serving your country as you did when all that hard work made you cheat on your wives? And if so, how does the current Mrs. Gingrich feel about that prospect?

Andrew-Austin
He loves this country. More than he loved his wives. You might say he cheated on his wives with America.

But who wouldn't tap that red white and blue ass?

Note: /sarcasm

Vessol
03-09-2011, 02:55 PM
He loves this country. More than he loved his wives. You might say he cheated on his wives with America. Who wouldn't tap that red white and blue ass?

I don't know..if I pictured America as a woman she would be an old morbidly-obese woman with terminal cancer who is incredible debt yet continues to spend more and more. She is prone to incredibly violent outbursts too.

Not the kind of woman I'd want to tap..

erowe1
03-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't know..if I pictured America as a woman she would be an old morbidly-obese woman with terminal cancer who is incredible debt yet continues to spend more and more. She is prone to incredibly violent outbursts too.

You're obviously not Newt Gingrich.

scottditzen
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM

How very true!

But I'll tell ya, during the 60's she was pretty wild. And you might at least probably admire her psychedelic van.

acptulsa
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
But I'll tell ya, during the 60's she was pretty wild. And you might at least probably admire her psychedelic van.

That wasn't her van. It was German.

You're obviously not Newt Gingrich.

Wow. I hope someone says something that kind about me today.

Southron
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
He fits in with the rest of the degenerates in D.C.

doodle
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
It just goes to show that Bush did not work hard and passionately enough for America.

How about Obama, is he working really hard?

Vessol
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
It just goes to show that Bush did not work hard and passionately enough for America.

Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that..

http://www.newyorkslime.com/gannon.html

Andrew-Austin
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Newt Shares a lot in common with Bill Clinton, who was just too patriotic as well.

PermanentSleep
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, God will forgive him, if he asks. But no, a country can't forgive a lying politician. Take y0 happy ass back to private life and stay there.

acptulsa
03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
But no, a country can't forgive a lying politician.

Actually, it can. But not without becoming a ship of fools.

dannno
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I hate adulterers, scumbag needs to be thrown out of society and shunned for life.

Lol, that's ridiculous..

When you have a relationship that isn't healthy and is on it's way out, and the sex leaves the relationship, why do you automatically assume that the person who succumbs to their physical desires first happens to be the one who is at fault for the relationship not working? Maybe it's completely or mostly the other person's fault that the relationship is going to shit, and maybe that other person, male or female, doesn't have much of a sex drive, so they use this as leverage against their partner.

Personally I have a bigger problem with people who go into monogomous relationships and then use their lesser sex drive as leverage against their partner. Can I throw them out of society and shun them instead?

malkusm
03-09-2011, 04:16 PM
And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn’t trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them.

Translation: I still don't feel bad about it.

Stary Hickory
03-09-2011, 04:40 PM
If I looked as studly as Newt Gingrich I would not deprive all those women of my charms either.....more than enough sexy Newtness to go around ladies!

Romulus
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
newt clown is not impressed.

http://www.mostlymuppet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/newt_clown-300x239.jpg

Southron
03-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Personally I have a bigger problem with people who go into monogomous relationships and then use their lesser sex drive as leverage against their partner. Can I throw them out of society and shun them instead?

IMO, both persons would be in the wrong, but I doubt you will hear anyone chastising a woman for withholding her body from her husband.