PDA

View Full Version : NEW Grassroots effort - Christian Starter Kit.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 01:07 AM
This is the Ron Paul Evangelical Starter Kit:

I have a plan to show Ron Paul to Christians all over the United States.. Here is the deal. I have started a google spreadsheet that lists the names of all 50 states with the major cities.

I need everyones help in filling out this spreadsheet. The way that you fill out the spreadsheet is to go to www.maps.google.com, then type "church near denver,co" or whatever city you want to search. Then it should bring up a lot of churches in the area. Then go to these church websites. Copy and paste the website into the spreadsheet. Yes it is that easy. I will be using a program that gathers the email addresses from the webpages that you send me. The more volunteers the better. If you want to volunteer then send me your email address to austin.garrison@gmail.com and I will send you the link to the spreadsheet. This could be huge, as Ron needs the conservative religious base that usually support the Repubs for him to win. And I believe that if they hear this message then they have no choice but to vote for him.

Once the spreadsheet is filled up, I will then send out an email to all of these pastors with the following email:

**Update** I have acquired a program that scans church websites for email addresses. If you would like to help the effort just send me church URLs.
---------------------

***email being developed***
---------------------

IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO FIND EMAIL ADDRESSES TO INPUT INTO MY SPREADSHEET YOU MUST EMAIL ME AT AUSTIN.GARRISON@GMAIL.COM IN ORDER FOR ME TO INVITE YOU, SO YOU CAN EDIT IT.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 01:08 AM
And if anyone has any suggestions that would make the email better... for instance if you have a better video to use for the points I am attempting to make, then please tell me...

Benaiah
10-24-2007, 01:12 AM
I'll get you the contact information for all the churches in Blacksburg/Christiansburg VA area. I'm also going to spend a few Sundays and hit up all of the churches here. I'm going to leave fliers on their windshields while they're in service.

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 01:13 AM
I can say right now those are way too long.

irememerb I tried to show some friends a Ron Paul DVD, (without watching it first) and it failed horribly, because all the long, dry videos were up front, and all the emotional grabbers were at the end, and by the end... they couldn't give a rat's ass.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Well, I could take out the 1st video... since it is 27 minutes long. The rest are only about 8 minutes. I think that is reasonable.

I like the first one though because it is from a conservative talk show it looks like, and it gives a lot of good info about the NAU

rs3515
10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
I have some thoughts ... let me finish taking a look at your videos.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 01:50 AM
I have some thoughts ... let me finish taking a look at your videos.

Ok awesome, thanks

I am going to be sending this to my meetup group and I ask everyone else to send it to their meetups also.

It will take a substantial effort to fill in the spreadsheet so we need as many people as possible.

There currently are not limitations on how many people I can share the spreadsheet with on google docs.

TechnoGuyRob
10-24-2007, 01:56 AM
No. No.

No.

You need a 2-4 minute "grabber" video. Right from the start. That should be enough. After that, don't tell them to view more. Ask politely. ("by the way, here is some more info if you're still interested: *list videos* "). Then give your little speech about Ron Paul, and then be done. The quicket the better. Try to keep the amount of time they're required to spend on the e-mail and YouTube under 7-8 minutes. This way, they will be curious on their own, and your "oh, by the way, if you still have time...." links will be watched with more fervor (rather than obligation).

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:06 AM
No. No.

No.

You need a 2-4 minute "grabber" video. Right from the start. That should be enough. After that, don't tell them to view more. Ask politely. ("by the way, here is some more info if you're still interested: *list videos* "). Then give your little speech about Ron Paul, and then be done. The quicket the better. Try to keep the amount of time they're required to spend on the e-mail and YouTube under 7-8 minutes. This way, they will be curious on their own, and your "oh, by the way, if you still have time...." links will be watched with more fervor (rather than obligation).

Ok so the main points that I want to make with this email is the connection between the CFR----> NAU -----> and all the other candidates running EXCEPT Ron Paul.

I am a Christian and I previously believed that the war was an necessary evil against radical islam. And I know that this is the crucial point for other Christians.

Now, Christians believe that one day there will be a one world government that the antichrist will be given control of and will persecute Christians. They also believe that the antichrist will have them take a mark on their right hand or forehead and whoever does not have the mark will not be able to purchase goods or hold a job.

We have seen this in the micro RFID chips.

Now, if we can show a pastor of a church that every candidate except Ron Paul is a member of CFR and supports the NAU, then Christians will not want to vote for them anymore and will be forced to vote Ron Paul.

We must make them believe that their religion has been hijacked by the powers that are, and exploited for their benefit.

If you do not like what I have in the email then could you please give me the videos to use or make your own and send it to me. If not, then I will continue using what I have.

Another thing, the baby boomer generation is worried about retirment right now, and most are confused about RP's views of Social Security. They see RP as a threat to them getting their Social Security, so whatever we can do to dispell this thinking would be a good thing.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:08 AM
I have already made the spreadsheet and it took me hours.. so I am dedicated to this. If no one volunteers, then I will update the spreadsheet myself. But I would love to have a bunch of help to make it more successful.

I was thinking that everyone that is a Christian, and that is familiar with the churches in their area, can update the spreadsheet with their info... and more if they want.

steph3n
10-24-2007, 02:10 AM
if you can prep it and send it to me I can try to run it by my dad this weekend, he is a pastor.

I do agree the 27 min video is way too long however.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:12 AM
what do you mean by prepping it?

That would be great! thanks

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:14 AM
I could probably just take the 27 min. video out completely and put it at the end for reference purposes or "if you are interested in learning more..."

steph3n
10-24-2007, 02:14 AM
I mean, just tweak the mail, wait till some suggestions come tomorrow. there is a better short piece by Lou Dobbs about the NAU, but he isn't well received by some, so I don't know how it would work with all.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:19 AM
Ok, I took the 27 minute video off and put it at the end.

If anyone has suggestions or even an entirely new setup, then tell me.

But I think that the points that I have put in my original post should be covered.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:39 AM

rs3515
10-24-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm going to send you a private message so the ideas are not broadcast to everyone (e.g., those from other campaigns who might be looking for what's coming next).

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 02:48 AM

rs3515
10-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Ok cool,

Question.. should I take down the post of the link to the spreadsheet in my last post?

YES!!! Immediately!!

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 03:01 AM
ok we're good

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Ok bed time, I'll be back throughout tomorrow for suggestions as they roll in..

eloquensanity
10-24-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm going to send you a private message so the ideas are not broadcast to everyone (e.g., those from other campaigns who might be looking for what's coming next).

Very smart idea. I have been trolling and there is one particular forum with people over here looking for ideas to steal.

rs3515
10-24-2007, 03:31 AM
You have email

Phenom24
10-24-2007, 04:37 AM
I would probably start with this:
http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

And then throw in this for good measure:
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin394.htm

The only problem is, many Christians (that are political) are so "Hannitized" that their first response will be "Oh Ron Paul, he's a ________" - whatever was said on Fox News last night.

I've given up trying to tell people that "They hate us because we're over there" - they don't believe that - even though it came from the same CIA that said Iraq had WMD - which they believe hook line and sinker.

Oh one more thing - even people in my church think the CFR and the NAU are conspiracy theories... (ignorance is bliss) But I think focusing on the COST of all these government programs is the only tangible thing that can draw their attention.

So I just say "Who is going to pay for all this big government? Are you?"

Hamburglar
10-24-2007, 06:16 AM
What part of the first video about the cfr/nau is speculative?

tfelice
10-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Great idea, though I think keeping it short and sweet is best. Pastors are very busy people, and many of us don't have the time to sit back and watch a half and hour of videos sent by someone anonymous.

I would keep it to one video. Personally, I feel that this one is the best out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

BTW were you hoping to get mass support from this? Because of 501(c)(3) regulations, there's little if anything pastors can do to promote political candiates or parties.

thehittgirl
10-24-2007, 07:18 AM
I probably cannot do the spreadsheet. But I am compiling a list of emails, as many as I can from the Hudson Valley NY, area for you.

Throwback280s
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
That movie Zeitgeist you linked to in the letter also viciously attacks the deity of Jesus Christ. That might be a problem if the pastors want to see more of the film.

steph3n
10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
That movie Zeitgeist you linked to in the letter also viciously attacks the deity of Jesus Christ. That might be a problem if the pastors want to see more of the film.

true, don't do this movie...... it takes WAY WAY to long to get into any substance anyway.

TooConservative
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
I would probably start with this:
http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

And then throw in this for good measure:
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin394.htm

The only problem is, many Christians (that are political) are so "Hannitized" that their first response will be "Oh Ron Paul, he's a ________" - whatever was said on Fox News last night.

I agree but only to a point.

This could be a fruitful endeavor if you concentrate on the historic "peace churches". This is where a lot of conscientious objectors come from when we have a military draft.

They are:

Mennonites
Quakers
Church of the Brethren

According to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_churches#Other_Churches_and_Christian_groups _expressing_nonviolence), you should also look at Churches Of Christ (especially older members) and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Other good prospects would be:

Unitarians
B'hai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1'%C3%AD_Faith) (Persian universalism, about 150,000 in the U.S.)

Anyone got any more? How about Buddhists or Hindus?

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Bump..

Any other good ideas?

JoshLowry
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Include Ron Paul's statement of faith quotes?

DeadheadForPaul
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Can we just send the statement of faith thing? Seems like it is more direct

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I probably cannot do the spreadsheet. But I am compiling a list of emails, as many as I can from the Hudson Valley NY, area for you.

Ok, just PM me with the emails and I will enter it in myself.. Thank you so much!

rs3515
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok, just PM me with the emails and I will enter it in myself.. Thank you so much!

Hey did you get my messages? Hadn't heard back from you.

unklejman
10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
There are a few things you need to think about.

1. The use of the word religion at the beginning: Evangelicals do not think of ourselves as religious, or being part of a religion. I think using the word faith instead of religion would allow them to relate better.

2. Using the end times as a reason to vote for Ron Paul: Saying we need to prevent the one world government because of the end times is not a good thing. The preachers will react by saying we have no bearing in God's will and if it is time for the end then so be it. Remember the end times are a GOOD thing for Christians that believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, which is a good portion of us (but not me).

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
There are a few things you need to think about.

1. The use of the word religion at the beginning: Evangelicals do not think of ourselves as religious, or being part of a religion. I think using the word faith instead of religion would allow them to relate better.

2. Using the end times as a reason to vote for Ron Paul: Saying we need to prevent the one world government because of the end times is not a good thing. The preachers will react by saying we have no bearing in God's will and if it is time for the end then so be it. Remember the end times are a GOOD thing for Christians that believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, which is a good portion of us (but not me).

Yea, the more that I think about it, the more I am persuaded that you are right.

BUT, we do need to send a message about Ron Paul to Christians all over the country. I have already been PMed some really good suggestions as to the format and timing. I am taking all of these suggestions and using them to create a super email to send.

Right now I just need people to find short videos that tell the story.

I have looked for a while and will continue to do so, but I know that with everyone elses help it will go a lot quicker.

tfelice
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Thought about this some more. Letter writing might be much more effective than email. Some much unsolicited email comes into churches and gets filtered out by their spam filters. A nicely written one page letter could work better, and it's relatively low cost.

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Thought about this some more. Letter writing might be much more effective than email. Some much unsolicited email comes into churches and gets filtered out by their spam filters. A nicely written one page letter could work better, and it's relatively low cost.

Yes, but the time that this would take and the money that it would cost would make it less attractive.

With my spreadsheet, all I have to do is copy and paste the emails into my email message and press the send button. No money, no licking envelopes nothing.

I know that some and maybe many will not even read it... but I know that some will read it. And this is what I am going for. If someone else wants to get their meetup group to send actual letters then that would be a good idea.

If my spreadsheet is filled out, then I can provide whoever does that with the addresses of the churches.

tfelice
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Yes, but the time that this would take and the money that it would cost would make it less attractive.

With my spreadsheet, all I have to do is copy and paste the emails into my email message and press the send button. No money, no licking envelopes nothing.

I know that some and maybe many will not even read it... but I know that some will read it. And this is what I am going for. If someone else wants to get their meetup group to send actual letters then that would be a good idea.

If my spreadsheet is filled out, then I can provide whoever does that with the addresses of the churches.

I understand what you mean. I just know that I get hundreds of emails a day, most of them get filtered out and never get read.

thehittgirl
10-24-2007, 08:30 PM

Give me a little time :-) I have 35 so far....

Kregener
10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Change; "Christian religion" to just "Christianity".

ionlyknowy
10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
One of our forum member has a background in advertising and marketing, they will be rewriting the email.

If you have any suggestions as to which videos should be included then please tell me now.

TooConservative
10-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Amish - Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish)

A branch of the old Swiss Mennonites estimated at 200,000 people. Dedicated to non-resistance generally, do not serve in the military, do not participate in insurance programs and Social Security.

Obviously, a group that might find Ron Paul to be the only candidate that they could vote for. I don't know much about their voting habits, if any, in presidential elections but it's rare a candidate could meet their standards.

Of course, you can't email people who don't even do internal combustion. You'd need local people who know their ways to approach them with literature and a good message for Ron Paul.

No Amish colonies exist in NH or SC that I know of. Their biggest settlements are in PA/OH/IN/IL. But Iowa has over 6,000 in 17 colonies.

Amish Studies (http://www2.etown.edu/amishstudies/Population_by_State.asp)

Mennonite Weekly Review: Study focuses on Amish voting trends in 2004 (http://www.mennoweekly.org/MAY/05-14-07/AMISH05-14.html)

They might have broken a 10% turnout for Bush in 2004 in PA but seem to have disliked the media attention. Still, a candidate like Ron Paul might really bring them out despite their shyness about voting. They have a real reason to vote for him. If only he could visit them a few times. Bush went to them 3 times in PA which let him win Lancaster County there by 65%.

Generally, these peace churches are old Anabaptist groups. A few others are Hutterites and Old German Baptist Brethren are small but related groups. I'm investigating if the Emmanual churches here in the Midwest are peace churches.

ionlyknowy
10-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Amish - Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish)

A branch of the old Swiss Mennonites estimated at 200,000 people. Dedicated to non-resistance generally, do not serve in the military, do not participate in insurance programs and Social Security.

Obviously, a group that might find Ron Paul to be the only candidate that they could vote for. I don't know much about their voting habits, if any, in presidential elections but it's rare a candidate could meet their standards.

Of course, you can't email people who don't even do internal combustion. You'd need local people who know their ways to approach them with literature and a good message for Ron Paul.

No Amish colonies exist in NH or SC that I know of. Their biggest settlements are in PA/OH/IN/IL. But Iowa has over 6,000 in 17 colonies.

Amish Studies (http://www2.etown.edu/amishstudies/Population_by_State.asp)

Mennonite Weekly Review: Study focuses on Amish voting trends in 2004 (http://www.mennoweekly.org/MAY/05-14-07/AMISH05-14.html)

They might have broken a 10% turnout for Bush in 2004 in PA but seem to have disliked the media attention. Still, a candidate like Ron Paul might really bring them out despite their shyness about voting. They have a real reason to vote for him. If only he could visit them a few times. Bush went to them 3 times in PA which let him win Lancaster County there by 65%.

Generally, these peace churches are old Anabaptist groups. A few others are Hutterites and Old German Baptist Brethren are small but related groups. I'm investigating if the Emmanual churches here in the Midwest are peace churches.

Thank you for the ideas, keep 'em coming..

tfelice
10-25-2007, 04:34 AM
One of our forum member has a background in advertising and marketing, they will be rewriting the email.

If you have any suggestions as to which videos should be included then please tell me now.

I'm a church planter, so if you want a pastor's perspective send me over the final draft.

rs3515
10-25-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm a church planter, so if you want a pastor's perspective send me over the final draft.

Absolutely ... I'm helping put together a draft email, and once it's ready I'm going to send to all those who added to this thread for their feedback.

ladyliberty
10-25-2007, 05:53 AM
The problem with this idea is this - if the IRS catches a church minister, pastor, preacher, whatever, endorsing a political candidate - they automatically lose their tax-exempt status!!!

They are not allowed to mention politics in their sermons, and if they are to use any of the material that you give them, you will have to know this. They will have to share this with their congregations in private homes and in small groups - not in the church itself or any where on church grounds.

There are many preachers right now facing the wrath of the IRS for preaching about politics in general - let alone about mentioning any names of candidates.

TooConservative
10-25-2007, 07:18 AM
The problem with this idea is this - if the IRS catches a church minister, pastor, preacher, whatever, endorsing a political candidate - they automatically lose their tax-exempt status!!!

They are not allowed to mention politics in their sermons, and if they are to use any of the material that you give them, you will have to know this. They will have to share this with their congregations in private homes and in small groups - not in the church itself or any where on church grounds.

There are many preachers right now facing the wrath of the IRS for preaching about politics in general - let alone about mentioning any names of candidates.

They are perfect prospects for us. Ron Paul intends to abolish the IRS and protect the First Amendment and freedom of religion and freedom of association.

Other candidates won't take a stand to really defend them.

ionlyknowy
10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
They are perfect prospects for us. Ron Paul intends to abolish the IRS and protect the First Amendment and freedom of religion and freedom of association.

Other candidates won't take a stand to really defend them.

OH WOW! I never thought of this... Add this to the email draft!!!

rs3515
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
OH WOW! I never thought of this... Add this to the email draft!!!

We can have this in the second or third week when some of the material will be more tailored to that. The first one is more just an introduction.

McDermit
10-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Every time I see this thread, I think "what the heck is a Christian Slater kit?"

The "doh!" moment comes next.

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 12:42 AM
First draft has been made and is posted on the first page of this thread for anyone that wants to view it...

TooConservative
10-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Nice work. Your letter is well-written. Just enough, not too much.

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
bump

gracemonger
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi!
Great to see the action you are taking. Please reply asap; I can edit the video down to 4 minutes, make it move quicker. Let me know if you think that will help.
I 'll start working on it now just in case.
Cheers,
Craig

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok everybody, a little change in plans...

Now you only have to enter the website of the church into the spreadsheet.

The reason for this: I bought software that is SOOOO awesome.

All you have to do is enter the website and it finds the emails for you for just that website!!

Then it imports these emails into a text document ready to send..

So this will help us reach more churches.

Also, I was thinking that we could target the early primary states at this point.

Like NH, and Iowa and maybe SC.

Remember just give me the websites. Try and target churches that have large populations or are in districts that would be receptive to Ron Paul

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Ok so we now have 18,500 emails! Thanks to everyone that has been working so hard on this!

What we need to do now is focus on New Hampshire and Iowa churches.

Volunteers, please find churches in these states and either send them to my email address or put them in the spreadsheet.

M.Bellmore
10-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I'd like to include Michigan in this email bonanza, however I will need to marshall the troops! :p

VoteRonPaul2008
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
This is a great idea, we should target New Hampshire and Iowa first too.. because their primaries are first there

ionlyknowy
11-17-2007, 12:40 AM
we now have about 100,000 emails! They will be sent shortly as soon as we figure out the logistics.. and user rs3515 finishes with the youtube debate commercial project for which the campaign enlisted his help..

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 02:36 AM
I think this is a bad idea, we've already gotten enough bad press about supposed spamming. Besides more people are turned off by mass e-mails and spam than actually pay attention. Also, I disagree with spamming on principle -- it's their e-mail, and they did not intend for it to be used for this. I strongly encourage you to not do this, I think the "blowback" will be stronger than any benefit.

ionlyknowy
11-17-2007, 03:35 AM
it's not spamming dont worry your little head.

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 02:15 PM
it's not spamming dont worry your little head.

O, I misunderstood :). So what are you using the 100,000 e-mails for?

krott5333
11-17-2007, 03:10 PM
bookmarked for later.. I'll get back to this in a day or two, promise!

Brian Bailey
11-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't have time to follow up on this at the moment, but if you would email me at Paulunteer@gmail.com with a summary of your plan I will include it and send it to the newsletter subscribers. The Paulunteer email list at the moment consists of 173 people who have taken the time to subscribe and more are added each hour.

*Edit: If this project turns out to be a form of email spamming then I want to reassure subscribers and potential subscribers that The Paulunteer will not be involved with it.

purepaloma
11-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Christians are also VERY interested in the fact that Ron Paul would like to OVERTURN Roe vs Wade. The Right to Life Slim Jim is great !

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 04:18 AM
No. No.

No.

+1

Ron LOL
12-15-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm no Christian, but I found the biblical money lecture on YouTube to be very interesting. Unfortunately, it's a little long for this project. Perhaps some of the key points could be incorporated?

Mark
12-15-2007, 01:44 PM
How's the project going?