Palin: 17%
Romney: 15%
Paul: 08%
Daniels:04%
Pawlenty:03%
Barbour:02%

realtonygoodwin
03-09-2011, 08:07 AM
5th place, just like the country as a whole.

TruckinMike
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Screw it.... I give up!

GO Gingrich!!!!

hazek
03-09-2011, 09:01 AM
5th place, just like the country as a whole.

I hope you realize that this number has nothing to do with people using reason to answer these polls but everything to do with the media propaganda pushing certain candidates. And when I say 'everything' I MEAN 100% EVERYTHING.

HOLLYWOOD
03-09-2011, 09:01 AM
This country votes on Marketing and Sales... The salesman are the politicians and corporate media are the marketing mecca.

Until this is addressed the polling numbers in the single digits will continue.

TheState
03-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Women - 5%
Men - 11%

similar to the TN poll

Nastynate
03-09-2011, 09:11 AM
If you look at the ages voting in that poll only 6% are 18-29 which is a large portion of Ron Paul's support. I'm not going to take this poll as very scientific because of that reason. I'm sure if they would include younger folks Ron Paul would have much higher numbers.

realtonygoodwin
03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Young people don't vote as much.

TheState
03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
If you look at the ages voting in that poll only 6% are 18-29 which is a large portion of Ron Paul's support. I'm not going to take this poll as very scientific because of that reason. I'm sure if they would include younger folks Ron Paul would have much higher numbers.

PPP always has <10% from that age range, I think they base that on previous voter turnout.

libertybrewcity
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Hard to believe since two counties in Maine went to Ron Paul last time.

-------------------Votes --- Percentage
Mitt Romney------ 2,837 -----52%
John McCain ------ 1,176 -----21%
Ron Paul ------- 1,002 -----18%

specsaregood
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Hard to believe since two counties in Maine went to Ron Paul last time.

-------------------Votes --- Percentage
Mitt Romney------ 2,837 -----52%
John McCain ------ 1,176 -----21%
Ron Paul ------- 1,002 -----18%

Not really. Maine is a caucus state. The caucus system is much better suited for an active vocal minority to win all or at least some counties. A poll on the otherhand would more accurately reflect the results of a primary, IMHO.

Captain Shays
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
This country votes on Marketing and Sales... The salesman are the politicians and corporate media are the marketing mecca.

Until this is addressed the polling numbers in the single digits will continue.

Absolutely right. So how do we fix it? What must we do? We made more signs. We were everywhere on the internet. We dominated college campuses along with Obama. We won every poll and won every debate. We drew the biggest crowds. We started the Tea Party Movement. We raised the most money from individuals. We knew more than anyone else we talked to about issues, history, the economy, foreign policy, politics, and the Constitution yet we were either ignored or marginalized.

What must we do?

Dave Aiello
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Absolutely right. So how do we fix it? What must we do? We made more signs. We were everywhere on the internet. We dominated college campuses along with Obama. We won every poll and won every debate. We drew the biggest crowds. We started the Tea Party Movement. We raised the most money from individuals. We knew more than anyone else we talked to about issues, history, the economy, foreign policy, politics, and the Constitution yet we were either ignored or marginalized.

What must we do?

Man, that's depressing, but true.

What must we do? Win the Iowa straw poll.

erowe1
03-09-2011, 03:52 PM

What must we do?

The internet?

Homemade signs?

College campuses?

Most money... with the qualification "from individuals"?

What is this, homecoming? All those things are crappy unprofessional gimmicks. Getting voters to see Ron Paul as the candidate of homemade signs and internet spam is not the way to make them take him seriously. We need to raise way more money than we did last time. And we need to take that energy that was wasted standing on street corners with sandwich boards and email bombing journalists who gave RP the short shrift and instead put in some time talking to real Republican primary voters face-to-face, and getting involved in groups where we can do that most effectively, like our county parties and local tea party groups.

malkusm
03-09-2011, 04:00 PM
The internet?

Homemade signs?

College campuses?

What is this, homecoming? All those things are crappy unprofessional gimmicks. Getting voters to see Ron Paul as the candidate of homemade signs and internet spam is not the way to make them take him seriously. We need to raise way more money than we did last time. And we need to take that energy that was wasted standing on street corners with sandwich boards and email bombing journalists who gave RP the short shrift and instead put in some time talking to real Republican primary voters face-to-face, and getting involved in groups where we can do that most effectively, like our county parties and local tea party groups.

BOOM, headshot

Maximus
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Happy to see us at 8%... we really need to develop a strategy to get his numbers up with women.

We've got a doctor who delivered babies, I don't think it should be that hard. He is also pro-peace, women will like that. He will need to come up with a couple sound bytes for his views on the Department of Education.

libertybrewcity
03-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Not really. Maine is a caucus state. The caucus system is much better suited for an active vocal minority to win all or at least some counties. A poll on the otherhand would more accurately reflect the results of a primary, IMHO.

you're right. RP will definitely get more than 18% in Maine this time, but it may not be reflected in the polling. I would like to see where Paul polled in 08 because I am sure he is much higher now.

realtonygoodwin
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
The internet?

Homemade signs?

College campuses?

This. So many times, this. Also, my family is in Maine, and most of them haven't really heard of Ron Paul (Bangor Area). This campaign needs to be run in a professional manner.

Dave Aiello
03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
2nd place among 18-25, and 7th among 65+. They are afraid of losing their goodies. Ron needs to emphasize that current beneficiaries will NOT be affected.

Thomas
03-09-2011, 08:46 PM
BOOM, headshot

double headshot!