PDA

View Full Version : 46% of Likely Voters consider themselves fiscally conservative

realtonygoodwin
03-09-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/march_2011/28_of_voters_are_both_fiscal_and_social_conservati ves

46% of Likely Voters consider themselves politically conservative when it comes to fiscal issues such as taxes, government spending and business regulation
and

Twenty-eight percent (28%) consider themselves socially liberal, showing little change from the previous survey.

I want to know how much overlap is there. Personally, I am not sure if I should be considered socially conservative, moderate, or liberal.

AuH20
03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Not a horrible number for a nation of debt slaves.

erowe1
03-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Most of that 46% is not being completely truthful.

realtonygoodwin
03-09-2011, 08:04 AM
It is self-identified. Most people probably just see "fiscally conservative" differently than many people on this board.

erowe1
03-09-2011, 08:10 AM
It is self-identified. Most people probably just see "fiscally conservative" differently than many people on this board.

That's the problem with those kind of polls. They don't actually tell you anything.

Most of the voters in 2008 identified themselves as conservatives. Given the election results, that didn't really mean anything.

Southron
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
By fiscally conservative, they probably mean they just want to pay less taxes, but they don't care how much you have to pay.

This is human nature at its finest.:rolleyes: