PDA

View Full Version : Options traders betting on $200 bbl. oil for June delivery.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Which equates to roughly $8 gallon gas.

Saudi Arabia’s ‘Day of Rage’ Lures Record Bets on $200 Oil: Chart of Day

Bloomberg
March 8, 2011

http://www.infowars.com/saudi-arabias-day-of-rage-lures-record-bets-on-200-oil-chart-of-day/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-07/saudi-arabia-s-day-of-rage-lures-record-bets-on-200-oil-chart-of-day.html

Options traders are betting more than ever that crude oil is heading to $200 a barrel as some websites call for a “Day of Rage” in Saudi Arabia and anti- government protests spread in the Middle East and North Africa.

The CHART OF THE DAY shows open interest, or the number of outstanding contracts, for “call” options to buy New York crude for June delivery at $200 a barrel. The number has escalated, along with crude futures, to the highest since the options started trading in July 2009 amid worsening civil unrest in Libya and rare demonstrations in Saudi Arabia.

“If you look at the volatility and increase in money for call options in the last month or so, it does suggest that market participants are now more worried about the upside,” said Yingxi Yu, a Singapore-based commodity analyst with Barclays Plc. “People are also quite concerned about protests spreading across different parts of the region.”

Cowlesy
03-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Have it on fairly good word that nothing will happen in Saudi Arabia. The first thing, if anything would happen, would be for Bahrain to fall. The Saudis will do everything necessary to keep Bahrain standing. They've demanded that the Obama Admin STFU about it and let them deal with it.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

JamesButabi
03-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Looks like the motorcycle is gonna be an awesome investment this summer

AZKing
03-08-2011, 11:01 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. I'm still convinced that Lindsey Graham has inside connections. He's been predicting the booms pretty well.

If I had more money, I would have invested in crude oil several months ago when I first heard him say it would be $200/bbl.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. I'm still convinced that Lindsey Graham has inside connections. He's been predicting the booms pretty well.

If I had more money, I would have invested in crude oil several months ago when I first heard him say it would be $200/bbl.

LoL - I think you mean Lindsey Williams, and I agree, even though it pains me to do so, because I find Williams delivery style to be excruciating to listen to.

freshjiva
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Looks like the motorcycle is gonna be an awesome investment this summer

I'll stick to my bicycle. I get around town faster than even motor vehicles.

AZKing
03-09-2011, 12:22 AM
LoL - I think you mean Lindsey Williams, and I agree, even though it pains me to do so, because I find Williams delivery style to be excruciating to listen to.

Right, I always call him Graham by mistake. His delivery style is pretty terrible. I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR DINNER TABLE, I URGE YOU TO LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY IT IS IMPORTANT LISTEN PLEASE.

HOLLYWOOD
03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Just ask the Master Inside Traders: Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Goldman Sachs US Treasury, JP Morgan Chase Bear Stearns, First Union WaMu, BofA Merrill Lynch CountryWide, ShitiBank Travelers etc, ... If they say $200, that means they'll sell @ $175-180 ;)

They'll know exactly where oil is going price... because they put it there.