PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Responds To Fed Economist Calling Him A "Pinhead" & Talks Libya On Cavuto

Immortal Technique
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8n7pCp9urs

Airing Date March.08, 2011

Ron Paul Responds To Fed Economist Calling Him A "Pinhead" & Talks Libya On Cavuto

freshjiva
03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Nothing but class on the part of the good Doctor.
This is nothing new. People have marginalized him for decades, but he's remained humble.

This man is not a politician. He's a statesman.

AZKing
03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
LOL, Cavuto putting "Patriot or Pinhead" from O'Reilly in there.

Good interview. Reminds me of how amazing Ron is, considering he's getting up there in years. Several interviews a day, traveling back and forth all the time, and participating in Congress.

newbitech
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
so I looked up the the guy who called Ron Paul a pinhead (http://bit.ly/hzLoZe).

Turns out he is sick of hearing the phrase "created out of thin air" when describing how the Federal Reserve controls the fiat currency supply.

In his complaint, he really makes some profound statements such as...

I have been told by some that the existence of the Fed is itself a violation of the Constitution. So you see how easy it is to violate that venerable document.

and

The Fed calls 2% "price stability," but clearly it is not price stability in a literal sense. The real rate of return on non-interest-bearing money is -2%. This is currency debasement;

For example, the Fed has a legislated monopoly over the supply of small-denomination paper. Is this a good idea? What if we keep the Fed as is and allow free-entry into the business of money creation? If an unfettered private money system works well enough, it might drive Fed notes out of circulation.

I am whipping up a comment now.

Here is my comment.

So you don't deny that the Fed creates money out of thin air, but you don't like the overtones of this statement.

Is it the questioning of the Fed's ability to keep it's promise that bothers you? Wouldn't that indicated that it's promise (what the fiat represents) might not be worth as much as the Fed claims?

Seems like this type of commentary coming out of the Fed even if its not official policy and just your personal opinion illustrates why its important to call a spade a spade, no?

Anyways, interesting commentary and coming from someone who previously did not know better, I'd say that phrase didn't distract me from what is important, but rather led me there. What is important IMO is to question the Fed's ability to make promises backed only with more promises.

I'd also like to know, if the Fed is able to manipulate the money supply by making credible promises, does it do so in the best interest of the nation, or itself?

I don't see why the Fed would fall on it's sword by admitting it has made mistakes, do you?

TheTyke
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM
LOL at Cavuto's dry humor.... I wonder if Ron knew who he was talking about.

Acala
03-08-2011, 05:04 PM
The Good Doctor looks and sounds great! He's like a force of nature.

Sola_Fide
03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Paul or nothing.

Bryan
03-08-2011, 05:29 PM
I actually called him out on the pinhead remark, to which he acknowledged he shouldn't have said it.

Here's the dialog:

Me: BTW, if you want to be taken most seriously and provide useful political dialog (something much needed in this country) you would do yourself well to drop the ad hominems like calling people “pinheads”. Just my $0.02.

David: I didn’t mean to suggest that Paul is a pinhead. I meant to say that he can have pinheaded ideas at times. Just like all of us. But you are right, I should not have said it. It just gets people riled up for no good reason. Thanks.

Source:
http://wallstreetpit.com/64990-ron-pauls-money-illusion#comment-536373

Lucille
03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
It just gets people riled up for no good reason.

You know what gets me more riled up than your childish name-calling, David? This:

"The crucial test of private property is the attitude of government toward money. Devaluation of currency is outright expropriation."
--Isabel Paterson

Jeremy
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Lol, he didn't get Neil's joke about O'Reily.

Koz
03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Nothing but class on the part of the good Doctor.
This is nothing new. People have marginalized him for decades, but he's remained humble.

This man is not a politician. He's a statesman.

+ Rep

zade
03-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Paul or nothing.

That's good! Did you make that? Possible 2012 slogan?