PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to be on MSNBC at 6 PM (w/ Cenk)

MRoCkEd
03-08-2011, 03:50 PM
http://twitter.com/TheYoungTurks/status/45228556644651008

Apparently he was already on Cavuto and Ratigan today.

Thomas
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
damn Ron

Immortal Technique
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Cool Ron is everywhere

Ron Paul Interview On MSNBC Today With Cenk Uygur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwfgKolJCwc

Airing Date March.08, 2011

AtomiC
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll be sure to tune in!

Kords21
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I gues Cenk/MSNBC liked the Ratings bump by having Ron Paul on.

evilfunnystuff
03-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I gues Cenk/MSNBC liked the Ratings bump by having Ron Paul on.

exactly what i was thinkin

Doug8796
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
anyone tube his appearances on Cavuto and Rattigan?

AZKing
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
They should just give Ron his own show. :>

Doug8796
03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
LOL they arent too young either :P

ctiger2
03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
anyone tube his appearances on Cavuto and Rattigan?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?282838-Video-Ron-Paul-on-The-Dylan-Ratigan-Show-03-08-11

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?282837-Video-Ron-Paul-on-Your-World-With-Neil-Cavuto-03-08-11

PermanentSleep
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
MSNBC Live Stream:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27559165/ns/msnbc_tv/

or TVPC
http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=2890

specsaregood
03-08-2011, 04:44 PM
//

Doug8796
03-08-2011, 04:51 PM
6PM eastern right?

HOLLYWOOD
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
I guess Cenk/MSNBC liked the Ratings bump by having Ron Paul on. Yeah, CENK is an out of context loser... that changes everything to the left to manipulate the zombie viewers. He's awful and a very poor propagandist junior, where he's lost somewhere between Lawrence O'Donnell and the Mr Ed Show of pundit hot air. Ron will boost his ratings, but I wouldn't give CENK the time of day anymore.

PermanentSleep
03-08-2011, 05:02 PM
He just called the tea party astroturf, and claimed the union protesters were what we've all been waiting for...a real grassroots, populist movement not funded by big business.

"I've been waiting for the middle class to say enough" Apparently he thinks union employees are the only people in the middle class.

specsaregood
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
He didn't say anything about Dr. Paul coming up. I'm turning it off, can't handle this BS much more.

MRoCkEd
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
He didn't say anything about Dr. Paul coming up. I'm turning it off, can't handle this BS much more.
He just said Ron Paul is on next, alongside Rep. DeFazio, to talk about a bipartisan coalition to cut military spending.

HOLLYWOOD
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
He just called the tea party astroturf, and claimed the union protesters were what we've all been waiting for...a real grassroots, populist movement not funded by big business.

"I've been waiting for the middle class to say enough" Apparently he thinks union employees are the only people in the middle class.

Sad and Silly... The True TEA PARTY is grassroots... but there are phony hijacked Tea Parties by the NEOCONs. Organized crime of Government Unions are NOT Grassroots, they're COMMUNISM.

specsaregood
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
He just said Ron Paul is on next, alongside Rep. DeFazio, to talk about a bipartisan coalition to cut military spending.

Hrm, I swore i didn't hear that. Thanks.

specsaregood
03-08-2011, 05:16 PM

WEll they do make more than the private sector.....so perhaps he is correct.

MRoCkEd
03-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Hrm, I swore i didn't hear that. Thanks.

You aren't crazy, he popped up in the middle of the commercials to say it.

On now.

PermanentSleep
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Ron on now.

HOLLYWOOD
03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
DeFazio's statement on his Congressional webpage: http://www.defazio.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=614&Itemid=82

"...freezing foreign military and economic aid, freezing tax cuts for those making more than $311,000 a year" NO CUTS... it's BS by representative DeFazio unless he changes his mind.

They need to cut the military by 50% minimum... not freeze it or some token cut of 1-2%.

AZKing
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Excellent interview.

ravedown
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
wow...cenk is borderline retarded. if his script wasn't on the screen in front of him he'd be lost...he can barely read it. what happened to ed schultz? they cancel him? is the talent pool really that damn shallow?

speciallyblend
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM

he is right on the astroturf part of the tea party. Yes there are 2 tea parties right now Ron Paul and gop establishment(astroturf) i do not see the big deal in this. It is true! It is up to us to show that we are grassroots and not those tea o cons!! as for unions the gop is basically inserting their foot into their own mouth and are losing that battle on unions and workers! I am in no union and i am fed up with the gop and our country. I also think unions have a time and place! I can bitch about unions and corporations both have positive and negatives!! ithink the gop is gonna have this wi thing blow up in their faces! i am just glad ron paul has kept out of this septic tank that the gop republicans seem happy to swim around in!!

Ron Paul hit another grand slam as far as i am concerned in this interview!!

jct74
03-08-2011, 07:12 PM
video
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#41977198

Immortal Technique
03-08-2011, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwfgKolJCwc

Airing Date March.08, 2011

KramerDSP
03-08-2011, 07:24 PM
WOW! Ron Paul has the confidence and swagger of a rock star, albeit the most humble rock star ever. And by the way, Defazio makes him look like Wilt Chamberlain. Can a progressive-libertarian-tea party coallition actually happen? I sure hope so. We all know what the vehicle is. The question is whether the left will stop their hand-wringing and pontificating and just get in the car, realizing that it smells good and runs great.

LibertyEagle
03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
It seems to me that not all of the tea party groups are the same. The Tea Party Patriots invited Ron Paul and Thomas Woods to speak at their event.

LibertyEagle
03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
WOW! Ron Paul has the confidence and swagger of a rock star, albeit the most humble rock star ever. And by the way, Defazio makes him look like Wilt Chamberlain. Can a progressive-libertarian-tea party coallition actually happen? I sure hope so. We all know what the vehicle is. The question is whether the left will stop their hand-wringing and pontificating and just get in the car, realizing that it smells good and runs great.

Explain to me how that would happen. Because I honestly don't get it. Since most every progressive that I have ever seen wants more and more big government force to accomplish their objectives.

low preference guy
03-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Even after both Congressmen explained the difference between defense and military spending, the turk still referred to all of it as "Defense".

KramerDSP
03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Explain to me how that would happen. Because I honestly don't get it. Since most every progressive that I have ever seen wants more and more big government force to accomplish their objectives.

I'm not thinking of the Daily Kos left. I'm thinking of the Independents repulsed by Bush 43 and the disillusioned Obama supporters. The message needs to be "Look, Obama's not getting primaried. Why not cross over (if in closed primary states) and vote for Paul, ensuring that if Obama loses in the general election, the wars would actually end and the troops would come home". I've used this line of reasoning with friends, and they all start agreeing, then I say "but if Obama wins, the wars continue and etc etc" and they start sighing and getting all depressed again.

Someone here said if 2-3% of the left cross over, Paul's chances are really, really good in the primaries. It is far better to TRY and get them to see the light and cross over than to assume they are a waste of time. My skills translate more effectively when communicating with the left. Other forum members are better suited to try and recruit people from the right. We are all doing different things to spread the message. I say we throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Agorism
03-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Anyone know if he still goes on maddow show?

I hope he stays off that show for a long time.

KramerDSP
03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Another thing I have floated when debating with friends from the left:

Paul is basically an anti-virus sweeper. He'll clean up the corruption, end the wars, bring the troops home, end the bailouts, and still tide over those we have taught to be dependent on the government while encouraging younger people to take more responsibility for themselves. He'll be fighting a Congress that will be virtually lockstep unified against his every move, and he's unlikely to be a two-term president anyway, so he'd have no reason "to play the game" like Obama and the rest of them. His election would be a message to the politicians that they need to be more like him and be consistent, principled, etc. A bunch of Glenn Greenwald democrats would start running for office, and the anti-virus program (Paul) got the engine running smoothly again, like the tune-up of all tune-ups. That has worked for me. Sometimes it's not worth converting them as much as it is making them think this action is ultimately the best for their goals in the long term, ironically enough.

KramerDSP
03-08-2011, 07:51 PM

I doubt Ron will ever go back to her show after the fiasco with his son. I'm wondering if Rand would ever come back, though. Probably not.

Chieppa1
03-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Did this idiot Cenk just say that SS as a surplus? And Medicare pays for itself? Dumbest guy on a dumb channel.

jct74
03-08-2011, 08:07 PM

no, he doesn't go on Maddow anymore, see this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278513-Rachel-Maddow-in-Shock-Tea-Partiers-Defeat-PATRIOT-Act&p=3100690&viewfull=1#post3100690

here is another video where she mentions Ron or Rand won't talk to her anymore (at the very end):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#40824359

low preference guy
03-08-2011, 08:11 PM
no, he doesn't go on Maddow anymore, see this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278513-Rachel-Maddow-in-Shock-Tea-Partiers-Defeat-PATRIOT-Act&p=3100690&viewfull=1#post3100690

he said jokingly that he might go again. he said something like "do you think it would give her ratings?". i don't have a link.

sailingaway
03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
It seems to me that not all of the tea party groups are the same. The Tea Party Patriots invited Ron Paul and Thomas Woods to speak at their event.

And then, after saying online virtual participants could vote in the straw poll, getting people's email addresses and physical addresses, and money, when Ron won they split out the 'in person' straw poll in reporting results. I'm already getting junk mail from them, and I frankly don't think I got my $10 worth.

It became very clear, in my opinion, that the tea party patriots are a lobbying group that has hired itself and self perpetuates by soliciting membership and sponsors.

hazek
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Even after both Congressmen explained the difference between defense and military spending, the turk still referred to all of it as "Defense".

Yeah it pissed me off also!

FreedomProsperityPeace
03-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Excellent interview. It actually gave me some hope that sanity will take hold in Congress.

madfoot
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Well that's how it's actually referred to in the budget...

low preference guy
03-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Well that's how it's actually referred to in the budget...

and Obama refers to spending as investment.. so what?

freshjiva
03-08-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm not thinking of the Daily Kos left. I'm thinking of the Independents repulsed by Bush 43 and the disillusioned Obama supporters. The message needs to be "Look, Obama's not getting primaried. Why not cross over (if in closed primary states) and vote for Paul, ensuring that if Obama loses in the general election, the wars would actually end and the troops would come home". I've used this line of reasoning with friends, and they all start agreeing, then I say "but if Obama wins, the wars continue and etc etc" and they start sighing and getting all depressed again.

Someone here said if 2-3% of the left cross over, Paul's chances are really, really good in the primaries. It is far better to TRY and get them to see the light and cross over than to assume they are a waste of time. My skills translate more effectively when communicating with the left. Other forum members are better suited to try and recruit people from the right. We are all doing different things to spread the message. I say we throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

I agree that Paul could build a Progressive/Libertarian coalition, much like the quasi-coalition we saw at the end of the 2008 election between Paul and Ralph Nader.

True progressives are the minority and have been ostracized by the Democratic Party much like we libertarians have in the GOP.

Despite the radical differences in opinions we have on domestic policy and free markets, we can still achieve a consensus that would be dramatically better than the system we have today:

True progressives and libertarians agree on:
1) End the wars, bring our troops home
2) Federal Reserve transparency, return to gold standard (i.e. the Dylan Ratigan-type progressives)
3) End the drug wars
4) End corporate and union subsidies

These measures would cut nearly $1 trillion off our annual budget, without either side having to compromise.

Now comes the compromise:

What the Libertarian side gets:
1) Cut all income, capital gains, and corporate taxes, and require a supermajority for any tax hikes;
2) Pass a balanced budget amendment with this new tax revenue.

What the Progressives get:
1) Nationalized healthcare
2) Nationalized education

All US citizens would get free healthcare and free college tuition.

I know nationalization of anything is blatantly anti-liberty, but look at what else we would achieve. That is the nature of compromise. Besides, I'd much rather have my tax dollars go towards healthcare and education than killing Afghan kids.

I really think a Progressive/Libertarian alliance could be a fascinating development that could really work IF both sides compromise. This is one suggestion.

NewRightLibertarian
03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
There's a far better shot of getting libertarian policies enacted through the Tea Party/Republican Party than from some alliance with Progressives.