PDA

View Full Version : Tax the Fed!

Ninja Homer
03-08-2011, 09:35 AM
If you haven't noticed, when talking to progressives about ending the Fed, it often falls on deaf ears. But if you talk about taxing the Fed, they can't hear enough about these ultra-rich bourgeoisie banking elite that aren't being taxed enough. I've used this a couple times now, and it helps to break through their establishment "government is awesome" noise filters.

Taxing the Fed is kind of a silly idea that will never happen, but it gets them interested in learning the truth about the Fed, and if the idea ever actually caught on, the first step would be to audit the Fed, so it's a win-win. Give it a try.

matt0611
03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Won't do anything, the Fed will just print the money :)

Give me a printing press and you can tax me as much as you want haha.

fisharmor
03-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Yeah, but how would they cope with 100%?

RileyE104
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
This was tried on the Second Bank of the United States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCulloch_v._Maryland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCulloch_v._Maryland)

erowe1
03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm against anything that increases revenue to the federal treasury.

Ninja Homer
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote... it isn't about taxing the Fed, it's about breaking through to progressives that don't want anything to do with "end the Fed".

sevin
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I like this idea.

It's funny to me how liberals are so anti rich people, but they don't understand the candidates they support are helping rich people to screw them over.

Ninja Homer
03-08-2011, 12:35 PM
It's funny to me how liberals are so anti rich people, but they don't understand the candidates they support are helping rich people to screw them over.

Yep... and they'll go on and on about how much Fox sucks, but then all their speaking points are from MSNBC. And when you point out that MSNBC is just as untrustworthy as Fox because they're owned by GE, which makes most of its money as a major player in the military industrial complex, they look at you like you're nuts.