PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Newt's first day as President

Anti Federalist
03-07-2011, 08:57 PM
He would do the following, according to the linked article:

• "Eliminate the thirty-nine White House 'Czar' positions created during the current administration"

• "'Mexico City Policy' of Respect for Life" (to stop taxpayer dollars from used to fund abortions abroad)

• "Restore conscience clause protections for Healthcare Worker" (to let those in medicine to opt out of any procedure, including abortion, they found ethically or religously objectionable)

• "Respect Each Sovereign Nation's Choice of its Capital" (moving the American embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/50821.html#ixzz1FyO23Eub

Pretty weak sauce, if you ask me.

specsaregood
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
• "'Mexico City Policy' of Respect for Life" (to stop taxpayer dollars from used to fund abortions abroad)

Israel has socialized healthcare that pays for abortions.

But besides that....Newt if you were willing to lie and cheat on your wives, why shouldn't the American people expect the same?

TCE
03-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Israel has socialized healthcare that pays for abortions.

But besides that....Newt if you were willing to lie and cheat on your wives, why shouldn't the American people expect the same?

He could use that, actually. At least with Newt, you know you're gonna be lied to and deceived, so he gets points for consistency.

1000-points-of-fright
03-07-2011, 09:24 PM
• "Restore conscience clause protections for Healthcare Worker" (to let those in medicine to opt out of any procedure, including abortion, they found ethically or religously objectionable)

I find proposals like this to be totally inappropriate and a violation of private property. If I own a hospital or a clinic and I hire you, you will do your job and provide the services I advertise. Otherwise, go find another job or start your own hospital.

If you're a pharmacist that refuses to sell birth control then find a pharmacy that doesn't sell birth control. You don't refuse to do your job and hide behind your religion.

Should a vegetarian working at Burger King be able to refuse to sell Whoppers? Should a Puritan working at a strip club as a dancer be able to refuse to be nude?

Sometimes beliefs and principals require making sacrifices. One of those sacrifices just might be more limited employment opportunities.

libertybrewcity
03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
that's probably the worst list I've ever seen.

1 day of okay stuff, and then 4 years of tyranny! YAY

Vessol
03-08-2011, 12:51 AM
What a maverick.

dbill27
03-08-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm just going to say it.... Please don't hate me. Considering all the other names thrown around: tpaw, palin,thune, obama, romney, huckabee. If Newt wins the president it will be slightly a relief considering just how much worse it could be. I can't hate newt 1/10 as much as i hate romney.

Doug8796
03-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Pawlenty is the best candidate IMO other than Ron Paul (excluding Gary Johnson).

low preference guy
03-08-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm just going to say it.... Please don't hate me. Considering all the other names thrown around: tpaw, palin,thune, obama, romney, huckabee. If Newt wins the president it will be slightly a relief considering just how much worse it could be. I can't hate newt 1/10 as much as i hate romney.

Newt did shut down the government once. however, he doesn't have any good proposals i can think of. if he wins, it'd be because somebody must win, and he was the last guy left standing. but if people want someone who they think is radical, i can't see them choosing Newt over Paul.

low preference guy
03-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Pawlenty is the best candidate IMO other than Ron Paul (excluding Gary Johnson).

i disagree. just two things:

1. he vetoed a medical marijuana bill as governor.
2. he argued that "might makes right" at CPAC, referring to foreign policy.

that makes him outright horrible in my book.

Doug8796
03-08-2011, 01:18 AM
so who is number 3 lpg (disregarding Paul and Johnson)?

low preference guy
03-08-2011, 01:21 AM

it's a lot easier to pick the worst.

the worst is romney. the worst excluding him is huckabee. excluding huckabee, pawlenty. so i guess that leaves newt. but he is pretty awful, he has for example also called for increased penalties for drug use in the past.

EDIT: I assume Daniels is not running

Sola_Fide
03-08-2011, 01:27 AM

Ewwwww! No way bro.

Possibly DeMint. Possibly, possibly Daniels...

You know what, forget all that. Chuck Baldwin is the only other choice than Ron Paul for me.

Working Poor
03-08-2011, 02:40 AM
I can't hate newt 1/10 as much as i hate romney.

Then let me do it for you

Philhelm
03-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Should a Puritan working at a strip club as a dancer be able to refuse to be nude?

Absolutely not!!! On a serious note, I agree with your private property assessment.

fatjohn
03-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Ron should say: Close Guantanamo Bay, for real this time

speciallyblend
03-08-2011, 05:42 AM
i thought it was going to say blowjob from intern and divorce again;)

speciallyblend
03-08-2011, 05:45 AM

there is none, tim pawlenty is everything that is wrong with the gop along with the rest of the gop establishment stooges! Ron and Gary for me after that i will look 3rd party and NO f'in bob barr!! If they do not nominate Ron or Gary, then the gop deserves obama!!

fisharmor
03-08-2011, 07:26 AM
i thought it was going to say blowjob from intern and divorce again;)

Win.
Seriously, though - people who say he wouldn't be that bad obviously weren't around in the 90's during "The Newt Gingrich Show".
That whole time where the Republicans had total control over both houses? Well guess what they ended up getting done on his watch:
Zilch.
Newt was captain of the good ship Talk Conservative. Problem is that ship always lays anchor in Big Spending Harbor.

Secession.

RyanRSheets
03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
I find proposals like this to be totally inappropriate and a violation of private property. If I own a hospital or a clinic and I hire you, you will do your job and provide the services I advertise. Otherwise, go find another job or start your own hospital.

If you're a pharmacist that refuses to sell birth control then find a pharmacy that doesn't sell birth control. You don't refuse to do your job and hide behind your religion.

Should a vegetarian working at Burger King be able to refuse to sell Whoppers? Should a Puritan working at a strip club as a dancer be able to refuse to be nude?

Sometimes beliefs and principals require making sacrifices. One of those sacrifices just might be more limited employment opportunities.

I agree, but I think it should just be understood that the employer is free to terminate an employee regardless of their reason. In much the same manner, saying that doctors don't have to perform abortions is a cop out, doing almost nothing to solve the problem.

juleswin
03-08-2011, 08:15 AM
this is what comes to mind when I think of Newt Gingrinch's constitutional credentials. This expose of Gingrich is the best I have seen so far, all this done with his voting record, words, writings and radical people and groups he associates with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02HX5v5Thpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exs41FdfqpY

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-08-2011, 10:35 AM
he would do the following, according to the linked article:

• "create thirty-nine new white house 'czar' positions including: Smoking, overeating and anal rape being the most prominent"

• "'mexico city policy' of respect for life" will triple taxpayer dollars used to fund abortions abroad....

• "remove completely conscience clause protections for healthcare worker" (to let those in medicine know that if they attempt to opt out of any procedure, including abortion, they will be found guilty, sent to some undisclosed location and shot in the face.)

• "nuke each sovereign nation's capital in the middle east" (this is to satisfy our toadies in the military-industrial complex calling for new nuke designs and our money masters in the israel first! Lobby)

ftfy

lester1/2jr
03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
besides the infidelity stuff the knock against gingrich has always been that he doesn't have the temperment for the job of president. He's too thin skinned and hot headed.

Brett85
03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Huckabee seems to be the second best candidate behind Ron at this point since he's at least talked about getting out of Afghanistan.

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
besides the infidelity stuff the knock against gingrich has always been that he doesn't have the temperment for the job of president. He's too thin skinned and hot headed.

I could give a shit about that. He's a fucking lying weasel and that is all that needs be said about him as President.

scottditzen
03-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Newt doesn't have the charisma to win over a voting majority.

Thank God.

libertybrewcity
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Huckabee seems to be the second best candidate behind Ron at this point since he's at least talked about getting out of Afghanistan.

LOL!
http://ui22.gamespot.com/21/jesusfacepalm.jpg

freshjiva
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Jim DeMint is by far my favorite Senator outside the Pauls and other libertarians like Gary Johnson.

To me, sound money and Federal Reserve transparency trumps all other causes of liberty. By far. DeMint is one of the strongest advocates of returning to a pure gold standard.

That does it for me.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm voting Ron Paul in 2012, regardless of any of this nonsense.

http://images0.cpcache.com/product/write+in-ron+paul-politics+-+government/276069560v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Maximus
03-08-2011, 01:39 PM
We all know that most Americans regard the location of our embassies in foreign countries as a major issue :/

I'd love to see him stand side by side with Paul in a debate: "We need to move our embassies!" vs "We need to stop borrowing money from China to lend to other nations!"

sratiug
03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I wonder if Gingrus Con Newt said anything during the debate on establishing the department of education that we can dig up?

Brian4Liberty
03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
DeMint and Bachman would be preferable to most of those options.