PDA

View Full Version : SPLC's Mark Potok on CNN - 'Radical Right' More of a Threat than Radical Islam

Anti Federalist
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
And you do know who that is, don't you boys and girls?

CNN Guest: 'Radical Right' More of a Threat than Radical Islam

March 07, 2011

http://nation.foxnews.com/cnn/2011/03/07/cnn-guest-radical-right-more-threat-radical-islam

Mark Potok of the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center claimed on Monday's Newsroom on CNN that radical Islam wasn't "our biggest domestic terror threat," that instead, "that pretty clearly comes from the radical right in this country." Anchor Suzanne Malveaux touted Potok as "expert on extremism" from "one of the most highly regarded non-governmental operations that are monitoring hate groups."

Malveaux brought on the SPLC spokesman at the bottom of the 12 noon Eastern hour to discuss the upcoming hearings by the House Homeland Security Committee on the radicalization of American Muslims. The anchor first asked him, "From your study of tracking radical groups, potentially hate groups, what do you think of this hearing? Is al Qaeda radicalizing Muslims? Is that our biggest homegrown terrorism threat right now?"

Potok replied with his "radical right" claim, and went on to criticize the chairman of the House committee, Rep. Peter King

Pericles
03-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Body count of "Muslim extremists" =

Body count of "Right-wing extremists" =

So, how is that again, SPLC?

Anti Federalist
03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Body count of "Muslim extremists" =

Body count of "Right-wing extremists" =

So, how is that again, SPLC?

The only "terrorists" I'm concerned about are mostly concentrated in a 50 mile circle of swamps on the Potomac river.

BlackTerrel
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM
And you do know who that is, don't you boys and girls?

It sounds like he's talking about Peter King - in which case most RPF members would agree with him.

Potok replied with his "radical right" claim, and went on to criticize the chairman of the House committee, Rep. Peter King

Anti Federalist
03-07-2011, 10:49 PM
It sounds like he's talking about Peter King - in which case most RPF members would agree with him.

Yes, he went on to criticize King.

But the right wing terror threat that Potok is always talking about is you, BT.

Indy Vidual
03-07-2011, 10:58 PM
What about the guy who did this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Oklahomacitybombing-DF-ST-98-01356.jpg/408px-Oklahomacitybombing-DF-ST-98-01356.jpg

Maybe he is talking about those "radical right" kooks? :o

South Park Fan
03-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I suppose he is correct by default.

Pericles
03-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I suppose he is correct by default.

How so?

If we follow the official line, then OKC and a few people here and there are still less than 300 deaths.

Take the other hand, and you end up with over 3000 in less than 10 years, or a greater than 10 to 1 ratio toward Islamic extremists, unless the SPLC are 9/11 truthers .....

AuH20
03-07-2011, 11:30 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Oklahomacitybombing-DF-ST-98-01356.jpg/408px-Oklahomacitybombing-DF-ST-98-01356.jpg

Maybe he is talking about those "radical right" kooks? :o

Patriots don't kill innocent women and children. I still don't know what to classify McVeigh as, or even to believe that he and Nichols were the alleged masterminds.

Indy Vidual
03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Patriots don't kill innocent women and children. I still don't know what to classify McVeigh as...

...a greater than 10 to 1 ratio toward Islamic extremists....

You're both using logic, the thread is about TV. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

Inkblots
03-08-2011, 01:04 AM
The only "terrorists" I'm concerned about are mostly concentrated in a 50 mile circle of swamps on the Potomac river.

Hear, hear! Groups like the SPLC, and the entire Federal National Security apparatus make their wages whipping the American people into a frenzy of unreasoning fear. These groups are the main users of fear to obtain political ends in this country - the very definition of terrorism.

Bman
03-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Patriots don't kill innocent women and children. I still don't know what to classify McVeigh as, or even to believe that he and Nichols were the alleged masterminds.

Unless you have evidence he did not do it, you classify him as a terrorist. What was done there was outrageous and despicable.

Mach
03-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Hear, hear! Groups like the SPLC, and the entire Federal National Security apparatus make their wages whipping the American people into a frenzy of unreasoning fear. These groups are the main users of fear to obtain political ends in this country - the very definition of terrorism.

Hear, hear!

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Yea, I'm the same way. There is simply too much that doesn't add up vis-a-vis OKC and McVeigh/Nichols. I have no illusions that the Feds wouldn't have withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense team and the jury.

pcosmar
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM

Clinton?
I wouldn't consider him to be "radical right".

OKC was a government run Op.
McVeigh was a government soldier, with NO ties to any Patriot group.
He was run off from several.
And he was only a bit player. the designated decoy/patsy.

Freedom 4 all
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
These are the same people who basically called th Oath Keepers a hate group. It's getting very hard to take them seriously anymore. SPLC has very little to do with the South, poverty, or even anti-racism and everything to do with expansion of federal powers.

dannno
03-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I wish Mark Potok would watch this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4C7myX0vg