PDA

View Full Version : Executive Order 11110 questions

jointhefightforfreedom
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Executive Order 11110

SECTION 1. Executive Order No. 10289 of September 9, 1951, as amended, is hereby further amended (a) By adding at the end of paragraph 1 thereof the following subparagraph (j):
'(j) The authority vested in the President by paragraph (b) of section 43 of the Act of May 12, 1933, as amended (31 U.S.C. 821(b)), to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury not then held for redemption of an outstanding silver certificates, to prescribe the denominations of such silver certificates, and to coin standard silver dollars and subsidiary silver currency for their redemption,' and (b) By revoking subparagraphs (b) and (c) of paragraph 2 thereof.
SECTION 2. The amendments made by this Order shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil or criminal cause prior to the date of this Order but all such liabilities shall continue and may be enforced as if said amendments had not been made.
John F. Kennedy, THE WHITE HOUSE, June 4, 1963.

Does this order still stand?
Could the current or new president(2012) act on this and create a competing currency?
If not
Can the pres issue a new order similar to this?

From what i have researched some $4billion were introduced in 1963

hazek
03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I suggest you read:

THE JFK MYTH

Was he assassinated because he opposed the Fed? (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=jfkmyth)

Peace&Freedom
03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Whether or not JFK opposed the Fed (and I think he did not), the mere fact that he dared to directly print up notes outside the regime of the Fed was enough to get him killed.

emazur
03-07-2011, 04:19 PM
From Creature from Jekyll Island (4th edition) p. 569:
The Executive Order did not instruct the Treasury to issue Silver Certificates. It merely authorized it to do so if the occasion should arise. The occasion never arose. The last issuance of Silver Certificates was in 1957, and that was six years before the Kennedy executive order. In 1987, the order was rescinded by Executive Order 12608 by President Reagan.

The government did print some U.S. Notes in 1963, but these were in response to an 1868 act of Congress which directed the Treasury to maintain the amount of U.S. Notes outstanding at a fixed level. That required worn or damaged specimens of older Notes to be replaced by new ones. Some of these new Notes did get into circulation but were quickly snapped up by private collectors. They never became a significant part of the money supply and were not intended to. This printing was not ordered by JFK and, in fact, there was no reason for him even to have had knowledge of it

jointhefightforfreedom
03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
The main question here isn't who killed jfk .

My main question is is this order in effect today?
could obama direct the treasury to issue united states notes backed by gold and silver?
if so then why can't we put pressure on them to do just that , Demand sound currency and boycott the federal reserve!

Peace&Freedom
03-08-2011, 01:01 AM
The fact remains that the executive order happened during JFK's time, and no one else's. The notes were printed during his administration, and none since, not even for "maintenance" purposes. The mere fact that nothing prohibits presidents from printing out notes, but none have since JFK is clear evidence that his administration's actions were exceptional, and provoked a response (his shooting) intended to deter any future President from doing the same thing ever again, for whatever reason.

dbill27
03-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I asked Tom Woods these questions and what he thought and his response was basically that he himself didn't even know the answers.