PDA

View Full Version : Ensign will not run for re-election

tsai3904
03-07-2011, 01:50 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/07/ensign-will-not-run-for-re-election/?hpt=T2

Sen. John Ensign of Nevada will go before cameras in Las Vegas Monday afternoon, to announce that he will not run for re-election next year, two sources tell CNN.

The two term Republican will make a statement at noon local (3pm ET) at the Lloyd G. George Federal Courthouse in Las Vegas.

The one-time rising star in the Republican party admitted last June to an extramarital affair with Cindy Hampton, his onetime campaign treasurer. She is the wife of Doug Hampton, a former top aide to the senator.

Rep. Dean Heller of Nevada's second congressional district is considered likely to run for the open seat.

Zap!
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
99% chance Sharron Angle will win the nomination if she runs. Let's hope.

Liberty_Mike
03-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm glad Ensign will be gone. I am pretty sure Heller will win the seat too. Heller voted against the bailouts, has been an early co-sponsor to audit the fed the past two sessions, voted against the patriot extension in 2010 and 2011, and is a second amendment supporter. Although I don't agree with the guy on everything, he is definitely better than Ensign, Angle, Tarkanian and Lowden.