PDA

View Full Version : Matt Damon: Obama's Hopeless

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
The rats are abandoning ship!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/damon_obama_hopeless_WuwsIp04nHs8BhfmUruZVO

Vessol
03-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Lets hope his buddy Ben Affleck makes him read up on Ron Paul :D

Chester Copperpot
03-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Lets hope his buddy Ben Affleck makes him read up on Ron Paul :D

Does Ben Affleck like Ron Paul?

trey4sports
03-07-2011, 01:11 PM
It'll be interesting to see how/if Hollywood reacts to Ron Paul in 2012

Stary Hickory
03-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Seconded is Affleck a Ron Paul guy?

If so I gots much more respect for him

Brian4Liberty
03-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Seeing as the documentary that Damon narrated about Wall St. corruption and it's ties to Obama just won an Academy Award, it's interesting that the article doesn't mention that aspect at all. Once again, Inside Job is a great movie to recommend to Obama supporters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHFjlqIzKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHFjlqIzKE

trey4sports
03-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Seconded is Affleck a Ron Paul guy?

If so I gots much more respect for him

I just did a google search and all I could find was a Maher interview with Ron and Affleck as guests and Affleck doesn't seem to understand Rons message very well so I don't think so.

Vessol
03-07-2011, 01:33 PM

I'm just repeating what I heard from this site a long while back where someone said he was a lite RP supporter, but Matt Damon made him go for Obama. So I guess not..

WyoLiberty
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJeB3qJ271c

I wouldn't say BA is supporting RP...

Chieppa1
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Our best bet is for Damon to go all "Sheen" and start calling himself Jason Bourne. That dude sure hated the US government.

outspoken
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Matt Damon typifies many Americans. We all want to believe that some messianic figure is going to come riding in on a white horse and utilize government in a manor that makes the country and world a better place for all from top to bottom. It does not and never will. In 2008, I did not even know who Ron Paul was nor what a libertarian was. The valuable lesson here is that a free-market economy with government as small as humanly possible and a monetary system based on something more than just paper is the the most conscious society possible. It is the path to greatest peace and prosperity. It would be nice if highly influencial people like those within Hollywood would read up on history and philosophy to have a greater understanding of what they are putting their weight behind. Obama taught us a lot of lessons about ourselves. There will continue to be people who believe that government is THE solution and will fight to preserve the current false left-right paradigm at all costs. Usually, these people are the ones suckling of the teet of big gov in some fashion whether it is through the protection of their personal monopoly, their gov protected/provided job, or their gov handout. Fear is a powerful tool, moreso than love, and so when we citizens go to the voting booth we have to ask ourselves if those who we are voting for are vying for more power in exchange for offering to quelch the voice of our internal desire for less fear in our lives. Most people cannot imagine what it was like to live throughout the entire course of humanity minus the last 300 years or so. And even then, just because we had a contract which valued liberty did not mean necessarily that all humans rich and poor black and white have ever truly been free in this country that parades around the world professing to be the guardian of liberty. Such life was mared by constant fear of the unknown because liberty was but an idea not a reality. Should we as a nation decide to not alter our course we will not only have to fear life itself on a daily basis but the government which believes it is responsible for determining the value of our lives.

messana
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Matt Damon.

Matt Damon.

Matt Damon.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6122/20070807mattdamon.jpg

crazyfacedjenkins
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Matt Damon typifies many Americans. We all want to believe that some messianic figure is going to come riding in on a white horse and utilize government in a manor that makes the country and world a better place for all from top to bottom. It does not and never will. In 2008, I did not even know who Ron Paul was nor what a libertarian was. The valuable lesson here is that a free-market economy with government as small as humanly possible and a monetary system based on something more than just paper is the the most conscious society possible. It is the path to greatest peace and prosperity. It would be nice if highly influencial people like those within Hollywood would read up on history and philosophy to have a greater understanding of what they are putting their weight behind. Obama taught us a lot of lessons about ourselves. There will continue to be people who believe that government is THE solution and will fight to preserve the current false left-right paradigm at all costs. Usually, these people are the ones suckling of the teet of big gov in some fashion whether it is through the protection of their personal monopoly, their gov protected/provided job, or their gov handout. Fear is a powerful tool, moreso than love, and so when we citizens go to the voting booth we have to ask ourselves if those who we are voting for are vying for more power in exchange for offering to quelch the voice of our internal desire for less fear in our lives. Most people cannot imagine what it was like to live throughout the entire course of humanity minus the last 300 years or so. And even then, just because we had a contract which valued liberty did not mean necessarily that all humans rich and poor black and white have ever truly been free in this country that parades around the world professing to be the guardian of liberty. Such life was mared by constant fear of the unknown because liberty was but an idea not a reality. Should we as a nation decide to not alter our course we will not only have to fear life itself on a daily basis but the government which believes it is responsible for determining the value of our lives.

Can't the same thing be said for us and Ron Paul?

crazyfacedjenkins
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM

matt0611
03-07-2011, 04:02 PM

RP doesn't want to make things a better place from top to bottom.
He wants the bottom to go about their business to improve society and create prosperity. Its the complete opposite of what Obama believes,

crazyfacedjenkins
03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
RP doesn't want to make things a better place from top to bottom.
He wants the bottom to go about their business to improve society and create prosperity. Its the complete opposite of what Obama believes,

That's not addressing my question at ALL and completely misses the point. I'm referring to us as a group, we all want to believe that some messianic figure is going to come riding in on a white horse and utilize government in a manor that makes the country and world a better place for all from top to bottom. We have a fucking site dedicated to electing Ron Paul as president. How can you not see we are the same as everyone else??

outspoken
03-07-2011, 04:48 PM

I don't believe that anyone is going to come in any make things right. Ron Paul is just the figure head for a movement towards liberty that was started long ago... if nothing more in the heads of some ancient philosophers. He stands for a truth we more times than not find difficult to hear or accept because it doesn't give us anything back other than our natural rights. I think it has become apparent what Obama stands for and what he believes is the way of creating a better nation. I personally think RP is but the tip of the ice berg. He will not win in 2012 but his legacy will be to stirring of the conscience of the citizens and his books which will inspire a whole generation of liberty minded citizens who will alter the course of human history. It is imperative at this moment in history that humans choose to evolve and raise the state of human consciousness or will will embark on a period of suffering the likes of which no American generation even though possible in this day and age.

WyoLiberty
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I think the larger picture about Ron Paul running for President has very little to do with him becoming President. RP actually winning will just be a happy consequence of the liberty movement. Ron never wanted to become a cult of personality, it's just a byproduct of someone having a consistent message, one that people crave to hear. The difference between Obamabots and Ron Paulians is the substance of the message, not empty platitudes, but something tangible, something real, something attainable -- liberty.

outspoken
03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
RP merely picked up the torch of liberty and carried it for the last 3 decades while most the country was asleep. While I do not think that Obama himself is evil and means to serve goodness, the torch that he carries is evil. Many citizens are unconscious to its sinister light until they are living under the thumb of a totalitarian government. Love is a personal responsibility and can never be forced or coerced by some authoritative power. That is an inconvenient truth for those in positions of authority be it government or the power that comes with wealth and fame.

doodle
03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Damon's "Obama is a neocon tool" video will get many hits if he makes such a video.

Bman
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
We need to start attaching Matt Damon's name to all Ron Paul youtube video's and try to get him to see the light.