PDA

View Full Version : Government Competition with Private industry in violation of their own charter

Icymudpuppy
03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Please post this on as many limited government and libertarian forums as you may be a member of.
Quoted on behalf of my good friend and mentor:

I have embarked on a journey that will put me under a great deal of fire and solidly in the cross hairs of the USDA-Wildlife Services.

As many of you know, here in WV, they took a bat attic cleanout and seal up contract from us that was valued at $21,000 and did so by using tax dollars to pay their salaries and equipment costs, as well as underhanded behind closed doors bidding techniques and violated their own policies. We were the lowest bidder on this project and then the USDA came in and did it for only $4000. Of course, they don't have to pay the wages of their workers, fuel for their equipment, industrial insurance, benefits, or advertising with contract money because they get all that from the tax payers.

I have taken up this fight for you, the business owners, whom I feel that are being competed against more than you realize in your respective states. I am beyond outraged by what the government is doing to this country and now that it is directly affecting us more and more, I have had enough!

I am going to need your unwavering support during this 2-6 year battle as it will take its toll on me financially, physically and I am sure mentally. This is a David and Goliath battle and unfortunately I am David. One man can make a difference and I believe that I have been tasked to be that man and take up the fight. I will be fighting a 120 Million dollar a year agency that has the halls of congress on their side as well as many of the 50 state governments that financially contribute to their programs.

I will be asking each and every one of you, your friends and family to send a template letter to your congressman and senators when the time is right. I ask that you all like this cause on Facebook and join our brothers in our industry as we collectively voice our opposition to this egregious act of competition,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-USDA-Wildlife-Services-Competition/188620254511458

We will be completing a discussion page on this cause and I also would like you to list any stories where the USDA is competing against you in your area.

Please pray for strength for me to continue this fight until we finish it.

Here is to a victory against this agency that should be abolished!

We don't imitate, we innovate.
Mark Dotson,
CEO@AAllAnimalControl.com
www.AAllAnimalControl.com
http://www.WildlifeFranchise.com
http://veteranfranchiseopportunity.com

Send us a franchise prospect and if they join our team, we will send you $500 bucks!
If you didn't see the Wildlife Management Opportunity sign up for our newsletter, you can sign up at http://www.wildlifefranchise.com

Icymudpuppy
03-07-2011, 12:41 PM
bump. No comments on a grassroots agency dismantling effort?

Icymudpuppy
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Government Taking Private Sector Jobs in one of Worst Economies since Great Depression

By Mark E. Dotson

March 5th 2011 – Dunbar, WV - In one of the worst economies since the Great Depression, the USDA – Wildlife Services has been actively taking jobs away from private Nuisance Wildlife Control companies across America - jobs that these companies depend on to take care of their families and run their small business, the lifeblood of the US economy.
In fact, the USDA - Wildlife Services has been providing government subsidized wildlife control for private individuals and commercial companies since 1972. The American Taxpayer has been footing the bill for this agency to do what many private companies are licensed, insured and completely able to do.
In very difficult economic times and unemployment at near all time highs, how could it be possible that you would have to compete with the government as a private company? The challenges of high fuel prices, foreclosures and layoffs have already made business more difficult for any service company, but then the government can come in, under bid you on a project and take it!
This recently happened to our company in my state of West Virginia which has a 10.3% unemployment rate. We were asked to provide a bat remediation proposal to the Fayette County Courthouse. We provided a proposal of $21,000 to reclaim the attic and seal the building. After following up on the bid, we were shocked to find out that the USDA – Wildlife Services was awarded the project for $4000! And the unbelievable part is that the USDA – Wildlife Services is not allowed to compete with or bid against private companies.
The government agency doesn’t have to concern itself with whether they made or lost money on this project as they already are paid a salary.
So, how did they get awarded this project? They simply skirted around the bid proposal process. The county posted the project for two days in two very small newspapers with a circulation of approximately 3500. When no “bids” came in (even though they already had two, one from our company and as well as another company), they hired USDA – Wildlife Services.
In a very bad economy, how does hiring a government agency grow jobs? It doesn’t. It only grows the government. The money from the $4000 project goes back into the government’s accounts and not to the local economy when local companies are not hired. The local company will buy their vehicles, supplies, rent equipment, have meals at local restaurants and require lodging if the project requires travel. This all benefits other local businesses. The private Wildlife Control Company will pay taxes on their equipment, supplies and labor back to the state they live in. The USDA – Wildlife services pays no taxes back to the state they do their work in. They only consume tax dollars.

West Virginia is not the only state plagued by this competition. Every state in the nation has a Wildlife Services division and they all compete for and take work away from each states citizens. States often match funds with Wildlife Services and now the state and federal government are spending money on problems main street business owners could readily solve. This means the U.S. taxpayer is paying for a service that is not necessary and could reduce our government debt if private companies were handling this type of work.
In fact, the budget of the USDA – Wildlife Services has skyrocketed 186% from 1996 – 2009.
This egregious act by the USDA – Wildlife Services is another form of unfair government competition with the private sector. It should be against the law for federal or local governments to compete with any private sector business. If there is a local provider, then they should be sought out. If there is not, then the government could provide technical or advisory assistance. In the end, defunding this agency and allowing licensed, trained and insured local Wildlife Control professionals is in the best interest of the American public.