PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the date and theme of the Nov.5th fundraiser needs to change?

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I feel certain the majority of people on here are against this and see the risk this is taking. So I thought I would put a poll up to see the exact numbers. If the majority is against this then the people still pushing this must change this.

leglock
10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
No, just the whole V for Vendetta stuff needs to be changed.

paulitics
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
No people just want the theme changed. its too late to change the date.

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
How is it too late to change the date? It only requires a simple email and announcement on the site.

If the date stays the same that is more than enough association with Vendetta for the media. They will still have Vendetta videos on youtube to use, and they may have good reporters that will get some of this old stuff too.

The date needs to change as well as getting rid of the Vendetta stuff because the date was chosen because of the movie, and that is the significance the media will put on the date.

speciallyblend
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
NO MORE DRAMA,if you dont like something about it,dont do it.this is getting freakin crazy,all these threads over the same crap,if you dont like the site or date then dont get involved and shut up. Its not related to HQ. If you cant seperate movie fantasy from reality,then you dont need to vote.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Those people are already pledged to donate on that day. If I were Trevor, I would say "from my cold dead hands". The website is not your property, so a poll is just for whimsy, nothing more.

jb4ronpaul
10-23-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm fine with a theme change, but the date has to stick now, it's got tons of momentum

DjLoTi
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't wait until this day is over so people can stop posting about it.. lol

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm really starting to feel bad for the Administrator of this forum, if I was him I would have closed every single topic regarding the November 5th fund raiser, pro or con, it's really beginning to sully the atmosphere of this forum.

paulitics
10-23-2007, 10:36 PM
The more relevent poll is "do you think the theme should be changed?"

justinc.1089
Why? Why and how does it have momentum? Again all it takes is 1 SIMPLE EMAIL and the date is changed! Thats it!

Explain to me why that can't be done.

I'm about to just give up in frustration though. The only thing that is going to stop this is the campaign itself, and this promotion is so bad they may be afraid to even address it.

I will tell you people supporting the vendetta theme, and/or the date of Nov.5th, if I see media blowback about this, and Paul loses the election, I'm going to be furious about this after wasting my money and time as a result of you people's stupid risk taking.

axiomata
It's deja vu all over again.

This can't really be another Nov 5 thread poll.

paulitics
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm really starting to feel bad for the Administrator of this forum, if I was him I would have closed every single topic regarding the November 5th fund raiser, pro or con, it's really beginning to sully the atmosphere of this forum.

why, because you are opposed to open discussion and debate? You don't agree with what people are saying, so they are all trolls?

speciallyblend
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
SARCASM, We can not do any fund raising for the date Ron Paul is on Leno? Why you ask? because Tom Cruise will be on the show and then the media will relate Ron Paul to scientology because his supporters gave money to Ron Paul on the same day Tom Cruise was on the Tonight show,sounds as logical as the other threads about nov 5th geez no more drama

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
why, because you are opposed to open discussion and debate? You don't agree with what people are saying, so they are all trolls?

Read my post again, I said EVERY single thread period, including the ones that I agree with. If the MSM can report on this whole V thing as you suggest, they can also report on the chaos going on here because it is on full public display. The discussion is finished, the site is not changing, it is out of your hands as well as mine, grow up, give it up, get a life, do something positive for the campaign rather than obsessing over this, it's over, period.

kherty
10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Okay guys, I'm done debating.

PEACE!

I'm onto new topics...

:rolleyes:

madcat033
10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
No. Don't change the date. Just get rid of the imagery.

dsentell
10-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Don't change anything

JUST RAISE THE MONEY!!!!!

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Again I ask and say:

Why? Why and how does it have momentum? Again all it takes is 1 SIMPLE EMAIL and the date is changed! Thats it!

I'm about to just give up in frustration though. The only thing that is going to stop this is the campaign itself, and this promotion is so bad they may be afraid to even address it.

I will tell you people supporting the vendetta theme, and/or the date of Nov.5th, if I see media blowback about this, and Paul loses the election, I'm going to be furious about this after wasting my money and time as a result of you people's stupid risk taking.

ronpaulyourmom
10-23-2007, 10:50 PM

1. There's a lot of people donating that day who are not on the list, as I understand it.

2. Look, its a metaphor, we're obviously not taking to the streets, we're showing solidarity through peaceful fundraising for the electoral process. We cannot aim for the lowest common denominator on every single thing we do.

The only thing I'm really not a fan of here is the last video on the site at the bottom, but I mean hey not a big deal.

speciallyblend
10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Again I ask and say:

look if you cant seperate movie fantasy and reality and the fact this is a fundraiser,then maybe you shouldnt be voting? .. Its a theme that is it,its not related to the HQ ,its a grassroots fundraiser.If you dont like it make your own website and fundraiser,if you dont like it ignore it and donate to RonPaul2008.com

If your that gullible along with other americans then there might not be any hope,but i perfer to think people are smarter then you think. your answer to your question is dont get involved if you dont like this fundraiser.It's America,thats your choice. Go to your corner,while your there make your own fundraiser.

I'm beginning to think you dont like the idea of Nov 5 and the V for vendetta which was a movie.Take a Xanax this fundraiser isnt going to kill the campaign,but your ranting just might.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
All it takes is one email to a list that doesn't belong to you, so the point is moot. Trevor has been clear. Nothing will change no matter how much Justin and tfelice cry and post polls.

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 10:56 PM
1. So what? If they still donate on the 5th they're a neglible number of donations lost. But they will follow the correct date anyway because it will be promoted like the 5th is right now, so they will find out.

2. Its a metaphor of terrorism according to the media possibly.

I think the idea is really cool myself because I understand Fawkes and Vendetta, but you're not thinking about the MEDIA.

Nor are you answering my question.

"Why? Why and how does it have momentum? Again all it takes is 1 SIMPLE EMAIL and the date is changed! Thats it!

Explain to me why that can't be done."

Your answer: Don't get involved if you don't like it.

Thats not answering why the date and theme can't change, or why you insist on taking this risk. WHAT MAKES THIS WORTH THIS HUGE RISK?

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 10:59 PM
All it takes is one email to a list that doesn't belong to you, so the point is moot. Trevor has been clear. Nothing will change no matter how much Justin and tfelice cry and post polls.

Want to bet? You forget this effort started here, and it can be undone here as well. If everyone against this organizes and mobilizes the way we did for this, then we will promote a significant number of people to donate on a different date. Don't say it can't be done because thats what people said about this entire campaign and the 5th fundraiser.

There is also the campaign itself to deal with too. If it turns on you its over.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
The list is a list of people interested in this fundraiser, not people interested in a fundraiser on a different day. Changing the day is misuse of the list. Aside from the reasoning, which I don't expect you to appreciate, there is the futility of your quest. Trevor has no interest in your arguments. Stand down, little internet soldier. The revolution will be fine.

kahless
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
All they need to do is remove the top and bottom video.

They may get contributions through that site but allot of people will misunderstand that would have donated and may not donate. This even though these clowns have no connection to the official campaign. They should be asking themselves what is more important the love for this friggin movie or the good of the campaign.

It is so obvious why they cannot see this. Here are people that are intelligent enough to create and produce the site-videos. But they cannot see how foolish and damaging it might be by those who will very easily exploit it for the ignorant.

Their real intentions are very suspect.

kylejack
Haha it won't turn. People who have never heard of this forum are signed up. Yes, I will bet you. I'll bet you a hundred bucks that November 5th will be our biggest day yet. Do we have a deal?

justinc.1089
See thats the problem. This IS NOT a revolution, its a PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. There's a huge difference.

And no, the list of people want to see Paul get 1 million in 1 day to say to the media we're for real. They could care less about the date, and especially that stupid VENDETTA.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I am one of those people, so you're wrong for at least one.

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 11:10 PM
I swear if you idiots cause us to be attacked by the media and we lose the election I will be sooooooo furious for your stupid risk you just had to take after putting so much of my money and work into this.

Know this, I am doing everything possible for me to do to stop this fundraiser from happening.

It would be so easy to eliminate the stupid risk involved yet you idiots choose not to do so. Thats pure stupidity. You basically just threw out the famous "hey watch this" last line by saying its going to be our biggest day ever.

Now why don't you try answering my questions? Oh wait, there is no answer because you have no way to justify what you're doing, thats right.

Duckman
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree. If you don't understand why this is a bad idea, then you don't understand what it will take to get Ron Paul elected by a general public that is NOT yet convinced we are on the point of revolution and that will view such associations as SCARY.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Personal attacks are against the rules, so stop calling people idiots. You asked for a bet and I stated terms. Do we have a bet?

me3
10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
See thats the problem. This IS NOT a revolution, its a PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. There's a huge difference.
That's where you are wrong. Dr. Paul himself refers to it as a revolution. If you aren't familiar with Libertarianism or the background of this movement, maybe you should step back and familiarize yourself further with what Dr. Paul advocates besides stopping the war.

This is a revolution to bring back the government we're supposed to have, and it's to dissolve the system we currently have by removing federal departments, repealing laws and reforming the monetary system.

the list of people want to see Paul get 1 million in 1 day to say to the media we're for real. They could care less about the date, and especially that stupid VENDETTA.
Maybe you should take your cue from 8,000 supporters and not what the MSM may say.

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah SCARY, understand that? You know, the same way people feel towards terrorists? Thats how the media might make them feel if they have this to report about. And that could lose us the election. Understand? Please? Maybe? Hopefully?

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 11:19 PM
That's where you are wrong. Dr. Paul himself refers to it as a revolution. If you aren't familiar with Libertarianism or the background of this movement, maybe you should step back and familiarize yourself further with what Dr. Paul advocates besides stopping the war.

This is a revolution to bring back the government we're supposed to have, and it's to dissolve the system we currently have by removing federal departments, repealing laws and reforming the monetary system.

Maybe you should take your cue from 8,000 supporters and not what the MSM may say.

Do you not know the definition of a revolution? A revolution by definition has to some degree violent resistance. A movement does not, along with some other terms but that one came to mind. So if you're talking about the ideas of this PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN it is a MOVEMENT not a revolution.

We're still using the democratic process the last time I checked and not rioting and revolting against the government. THAT would be a revolution.

And lets hope this is not a revolution because like 99.9% of all americans don't want to take part in a revolution, first because they see no need for it because there is no need as long as we have the democratic process functioning, and secondly because the media will portray it as terrorism not revolutionism.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 11:21 PM
A revolution is not violent by definition. I'm asking you a third time now. Do we have a bet? You asked me if I wanted to bet.

me3
10-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Do you not know the definition of a revolution? A revolution by definition has to some degree violent resistance. A movement does not, along with some other terms but that one came to mind. So if you're talking about the ideas of this PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN it is a MOVEMENT not a revolution.
http://www.google.com/search?defl=en&q=define:revolution&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving; "the industrial revolution was also a cultural revolution"

The Ron Paul Revolution. Good night.

rajibo
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Okay.

One year from November 5th, 2007 will be the day the Ron Paul is officially announced President of the United States. The election will be held on November 4th, and at 12:00 AM EST on November 5th, 2008 the talking heads will be saying,

"Beyond everybody's initial expectations, it appears that Texas Dr. Ron Paul will be the next President of the United States of America."

We are simply celebrating early.

There is a reason for donating on November 5th.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 11:25 PM

For those who are ignoring this fact, the slogan is *not* "Ron Paul Revolution", but rather, "Ron Paul R[evol]ution" ... VERY important distinction. Believe it or not, this is saying he advocates a revolution incorporating love ... does this sound like a violent revolution to anyone? Why the need for anything that even has a vague symbolism of violence or force?

rajibo
10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
And here's another reason to donate on November 5th:

In Sweden, four young musicians form themselves into a group called 'ABBA'

Cali4RonPaul
10-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Remove the V for Vendetta imagery It served its purpose for the initial hype, now its rolling the dice for a number of detrimental reasons.