PDA

View Full Version : 'Gaddafi funds frozen, new dictators will be as corrupt as the old ones'

mac_hine
03-06-2011, 01:43 PM
RT's Rory Suchet discusses the situation in the Middle East with Anthony Wile - the founder and chief editor of the political website thedailybell.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vAiLHEFXNI

Aratus
03-06-2011, 01:47 PM
30 billion is now frozen by barack obama our chicago politics cognicent potus...

ibaghdadi
03-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Talk about a turd in a punch bowl.

Every Arab in my generation is living the best days of his life, seeing the outcome we thought we'd achieve in three or four decades, or perhaps even only by our children, being handed to us before our very eyes. And with it comes a historical sense of responsibility to do the best with it.

But some talking head from Zurich is the authority on my identity, my dreams, my destiny, and my ideology. Basically we, the Arab people, are deterministic bits in a machine, who have no say in our own future and no sense of our history or destiny.

This talking head is just the intellectual "other side of the coin" to tyrants. They didn't see our rights, he doesn't see our minds.

BTW, RT has been terrible about the Arab revolutions in general, Libyan in particular. Some of their reports have actually been sympathetic towards Gaddafi.

Also talking about "frozen accounts" is just silly really. Libya sits on Africa's largest reserves of oil and Gaddafi has enormous stockpiles of hard currency, gold, and diamonds. It will be months or even years before he feels the bite.

That's why he's fighting very hard to retain control over oil installations. So long he has that, you can burn all the money in the banks for all he cares.

Zippyjuan
03-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Libya was under sanctions by the US for decades and has only fairly recently had restrictions eased so they are pretty used to living with them. The situation is a domestic one- a battle for power- and outsiders will be able have little to no influence anyways (unless they dare to get militarily involved). This one could go on a long time- not like Egypt. It is basically a civil war now.