PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Wife Talks About Fox News Debate

ronpaulnation
10-23-2007, 09:57 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_s_Wife_Talks_About_Fox_News_Debate

Ron Paul’s wife, Carol Paul, gives her opinion about the October Fox News Debate. A Liberty Sentinel Exclusive.

“We couldn’t even buy tickets to get in.”

“They had the crowd stacked”

bc2208
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
unreal

LibertyEagle
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Wow! If hearing what Carol said on how they were treated, doesn't make you mad. Nothing will.

me3
10-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Hopefully madder than 11/5 ;) and ready to kick some butt for the campaign tomorrow!

0zzy
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
man oh man.

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Carol Paul is used to putting up with so much as a politician's wife and a candidate's wife. If this could piss her off so intensely, it must have been horrible.

ronpaulfan
10-23-2007, 10:44 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cindy
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
The event is sounding more and more like it was a Giant neocon Viper Pit!

Maybe we should try to get Mrs. Paul on The View. I want to hear more from her.

coffeewithchess
10-23-2007, 10:50 PM
I agree with her, if you listen to these people that are booing, they are crazy! They were booing him because he was saying that "70% of the American people want the war over and to bring our troops home", HOW CAN YOU BOO THAT!? They had to of been drunk...unless the audience was filled with Al Qaeda!

ronpaulfan
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Fucking Fox News. They stacked the audience and possibly turned the mics down.

At the end of the debate, Fox news reporter Wendell Goler said:
“Congressman Paul…..you have drawn some of the strongest reactions of any person on the stage, both pro and con”

Now I don’t know what Wendell was hearing, but, the audience reaction I heard for Dr. Paul, though positive overall, didn't seem very loud. Therefore, Wendell saying Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions of anyone on stage sounded very strange to me. But when I thought about it, after all of Dr. Paul’s responses I remembered hearing many cheers and whistles in the applause. This was even stranger because, despite heavy cheering and whistling, I couldn’t remember it being loud. In fact, it sounded very muted and no louder than claps following drab responses from other candidates, almost as if the sound was turned down. Fortunately, I have a Tivo and looked back over every response Dr. Paul made. Here is what I found:

1. Ron Paul’s first answer was regarding gay marriage and was very good and logical. The claps sounded strong yet muffled. This doesn’t prove much but keep reading.

2. Ron Paul’s next answer was regarding managed care and was an amazing answer. The clapping was filled with whistles and cheers yet still sounded muffled.

3. Ron Paul’s next response received strong boos when he said 70% of Americans want the troops home. Now who the hell boos someone during a televised debate in the middle of a response? (Rudy gets booed after responses when his face is shown :D)

4. Ron Paul’s next response about social security was again amazing. It was again followed by strong cheers, whistles and applause that sounded muffled. Yet when McCain said something slightly humorous moments later, you can loudly hear chuckles in the audience. Also the polite claps at the end of his boring response were somehow at the same audible level as the whistle & cheer-filled applause for Ron Paul!

5. Ron Paul’s next response about non-interventionism was LOUDLY AND RUDELY BOOED when he said,
“All we have to do is start talking to people & trade with people. We don’t need to assume the world is going to blow up.” Now this I feel is 100% proof the audience was purposefully and maliciously filled with people specifically instructed to boo Dr. Paul. The sentence they chose to boo was not a sentence anyone anywhere at anytime would ever boo!!!

6. Then Wendel made his statement which proved Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions in the audience (which they heard but we viewers didn’t because they were muffled!). Dr. Paul then gave the most ridiculously good response of the evening when he talked about conservatism and how neo-con’s adopted Democrat’s positions. This was again followed by strong claps and cheers! Yet strangely enough, when the camera immediately panned out, not a single person in that part of the audience was clapping!

adpierce
10-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Incredible! I really would like to hear from the campaign what the behind the scenes crap Fox News was pulling to prevent them from getting tickets. Things could be going down several different ways as I see it.

1. Campaigns across the board aren't allowed to buy tickets... only individuals apart from campaign funds. (This doesn't sound like it was the case)
2. Pro-War candidates were sold all the tickets and maybe Ron Paul (purposefully or not) didn't get a chance to buy tickets to the event.
3. Real Fox News shenanigans were happening... and the crowd selection based on where they stand on candidates or on the Iraq war.

I would like to hear it from Dr. Paul's campaign how this actually went down.

ronpaulfan
10-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I posted to dailypaul for you ronpaulnation
http://dailypaul.com/node/4265

Seth M.
10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I am floored.. Carol is a wonderfully loving woman..

May God truly bless this man, Ron Paul and his family during this uphill battle. a road I could never trek on my own. Thank everyone you know, Truth is here... Share it

Syren123
10-23-2007, 11:33 PM
OUTFOXED again.
I would expect nothing less.

slantedview
10-23-2007, 11:36 PM
LOL, I just saw the mother teresa/hitler video. Damn that was funny. In case anyone hasn't seen it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2WrwakhOA

texasbelle
10-24-2007, 12:10 AM
:mad::mad:that is ridiculous!!!!

BarryDonegan
10-24-2007, 12:56 AM
at the very beginning it looked like she had to actively try to keep from tearing up... during the part where she said "he cares so much"

qsecofr
10-24-2007, 01:04 AM
This may have been the single greatest thing they could have done to boost the campaign at this point, to actively fight us sends a more powerful and memorable message then silence or polite clapping.

People are more likely to look into the reasons they booed, all the better if in the meantime they are spoon fed lies about Ron's positions by Fox. Those that do look will feel bitter for being manipulated and a cheated person is ten times more vocal then a satisfied customer.

ronpaulnation
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I posted to dailypaul for you ronpaulnation
http://dailypaul.com/node/4265

RonPaulFan, thanks for helping spread the video!

slantedview
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow! If hearing what Carol said on how they were treated, doesn't make you mad. Nothing will.
Could you imagine them telling Mitt his wife couldn't be in the audience!? HELL NO! Fox knows though, that there's nothing Ron can do. He can't miss the debate. But there is something we can do....

Ron Paul Fan
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
RonPaulFan, thanks for helping spread the word!

You're quite welcome. I think it's a travesty that they wouldn't even allow Congressman Paul's wife into the debate! They accuse us of stacking the text poll, then they go and stack the crowd with neo-cons! That's criminal!

paulitics
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
LOL, I just saw the mother teresa/hitler video. Damn that was funny. In case anyone hasn't seen it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2WrwakhOA

great video

alexlcameron
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I can't believe the extremes that are taken to keep this true conservative message at bay..

orenbus
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
THIS IS B.S.!!! :mad:

jasonhlasvegas2008
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
You know I'm one of the more moderate supporters, and tend to agree with some of the others on here that we should be nice and pleasant to everyone, even our harshest critics....but this is a great transgression on part of the Florida GOP, and Fox News. What shall we do?

ButchHowdy
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Does a link to the Fox Poll results exist?

Richie
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Does a link to the Fox Poll results exist?

Not that I know of, but he won with 34%.

reaver
10-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Did they let the other candidates wives in?

Alabama Supporter
10-24-2007, 08:48 PM
RP will wear this as a badge of honor. Seriously, he just showed how out of touch the "base" is with reality.

He earned votes with the booing. I will tell you that.

ItsTime
10-24-2007, 09:01 PM
BEST IDEA EVER!

The event is sounding more and more like it was a Giant neocon Viper Pit!

Maybe we should try to get Mrs. Paul on The View. I want to hear more from her.

pennycat
10-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I can't tell you the exact quote because I'm sworn to secrecy (I'm serious, this is from someone with first hand knowledge). But let me just say that Mrs. Paul let someone high up really have it. They were stunned.

Next point: Mrs. Paul will make a great First Lady! She doesn't swear, but she tells it like it is!