PDA

View Full Version : Circumstances under which you could support license plate for Pedestrians ?

doodle
03-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Few years after America has invaded Iran and Libya to liberate them, US President in a prime time speech announces that some pedestrian terrorists may have walked into America through one of America's borders and as matter of national security all Americans should wear a government issued flexible plastic license plate every time they are more than 50 ft away from their homes. Would you support such a measure?

If that will not convince you, under which circumstances you could support license plate for Pedestrians in America?

amy31416
03-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm going to make a forum suggestion that new-ish members lose their polling privileges if they continually post ridiculous polls that aren't amusing and don't include the "Kludge is a douchebag" option.

Maybe I'll make it into a poll, just to see what others think.

doodle
03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
This is not a scenario from some novel from 1980s but a possible scenario (with right amount of fear) even if not very probable.

Thinking ahead and out of the box can't hurt in protecting liberties pre-emptively.

A question for you, could you have imagined Americans' private body parts groping that is taking place at America's transit points today just 5 years ago?

emazur
03-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Other: It is part of the "IRS/FED/Government Schools Abolition" bill

doodle
03-05-2011, 07:53 PM
That would negate the purpose of any such security measure, without these institutions it would not be possible to help people in Iran, Libya or another place achieve freedom that is their God given right.

Danke
03-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm going to make a forum suggestion that new-ish members lose their polling privileges if they continually post ridiculous polls that aren't amusing and don't include the "Kludge is a douchebag" option.

Maybe I'll make it into a poll, just to see what others think.

I not sure that is a valid option anymore. You seemed to have changed/influenced him, Mary. Hopefully someday a Kludge Jr. will take his place...

doodle
03-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Question for any Constitution Law or Civil Liberties experts here, is it legal right nor for people to roam around anywhere without a license in their pocket?

amy31416
03-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I not sure that is a valid option anymore. You seemed to have changed/influenced him, Mary. Hopefully someday a Kludge Jr. will take his place...

Bah. He's still just as big of a douchebag, if not a bigger one.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Bah. He's still just as big of a douchebag, if not a bigger one.

Youth is wasted on the young...

Anti Federalist
03-05-2011, 08:48 PM
This is not a scenario from some novel from 1980s but a possible scenario (with right amount of fear) even if not very probable.

What is this a reference to? What novel?

Thinking ahead and out of the box can't hurt in protecting liberties pre-emptively.

Always a good idea.

A question for you, could you have imagined Americans' private body parts groping that is taking place at America's transit points today just 5 years ago?

Yes, vividly.

Just like I see what's coming next, and I have no special gift of prognostication.

In some quarters it's called "visionary".

In others it's called "paranoid conspiracy theorism" and denounced as being impolitic to talk about.

doodle
03-07-2011, 07:57 PM
What is this a reference to? What novel?

Actually I mis spoke when I said 80s, I was referring to Orwell's Animal Farm.

http://mjdelia.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cow-tag.gif?w=270&h=130

Dr.3D
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Actually I mis spoke when I said 80s, I was referring to Orwell's Animal Farm.

http://mjdelia.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cow-tag.gif?w=270&h=130

Nobody would need a license, we would just go by the rule, "Four legs good, two legs bad!" (The poor birds don't count I guess)

QueenB4Liberty
03-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, that would sure make the fact that we're all cattle much more obvious.

(wtf)