PDA

View Full Version : Should the Nov 5 Site Be Redesigned?

tfelice
10-23-2007, 09:56 PM
This poll is simple. Should Trevor redesign thisnovember5th.com by removing the V for Vendetta videos and dark imagery?

No need for debate, just vote yes or no and then please bump the thread.

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 09:56 PM
What do you think of the http://thisnovember11th.com design?

(It's my first photoshop job, hence why I ask :-P)

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes it should be redesigned. When the MSM reports this victory, we do not want it to be negative. We want it to be positive.

I think he should redesign it to be more of a positive message like the november 11th thing, though obviously not the same idea.

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
What do you think of the http://thisnovember11th.com design?

(It's my first photoshop job, hence why I ask :-P)

Nice job, though I do have trouble reading your text the "will never forget...." section.

centure7
10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
This poll is simple. Should Trevor redesign thisnovember5th.com by removing the V for Vendetta videos and dark imagery?

No need for debate, just vote yes or no and then please bump the thread.

I STRONGLY want a re-design.

silverhandorder
10-23-2007, 10:07 PM
I support it but since it causes so much grief make it with flowers and unicorns :D.

leglock
10-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah, like I said in a precious thread. It's a bit dark and it does look like there is blood on the site.

Kregener
Are you folks afraid of the boogeyman too?

thisnovember5th.com is pretty tame, all things considered.

NewEnd
I was thinking, ronpaulforums only has 100 nov5 debate threads... lets make one more!

American
Oh look all the trolls are talking to them self in one thread, how cute.

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I was thinking, ronpaulforums only has 100 nov5 debate threads... lets make one more!

Take note I did say "no debate" just vote and bump. I didn't think another debate was needed, but after the lenghty debates the last day or two, the pulse of the membership should be taken.

leglock
10-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for calling me a troll.

Do you understand that new people who come to this site are turned off by obnoxious "senior" members? The better than you attitudes need to stop, why don't you try embracing new members and their opinions? Like I said I've donated over a hundred dollars, and you know what? I mention Ron Paul everytime I get the chance to.

And no, I'm not afraid of monsters under my bed or in my closet. You don't see the site as negative, a lot of people don't, but the fact of the matter is that it can be EASILY interpreted into something that is.

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Sulky

Pathetic

Amateur

Mockery

kherty
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm not a troll. If you need me to prove it, just let me know!

We need to encourage participation. Sometimes we need to act a little more mature when working together. We are all we have as a team....let's do this and set differences aside.

REDESIGN PLEASE!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Use some imagery of:

-Ron himself!
-Constitution
-Founding Fathers
-Civil liberties
-American patriotism
-Economic prosperity
-Photos of REAL supporters - We need to show the crowds that support Ron -- and that we don't wear tin foil hats!
-REAL CHANGE

Use light colors -- white backgrounds work best with colored graphics and high resolution photographs

Also, make it simple!

centure7
10-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Do you understand that new people who come to this site are turned off by obnoxious "senior" members? The better than you attitudes need to stop, why don't you try embracing new members and their opinions? Like I said I've donated over a hundred dollars, and you know what? I mention Ron Paul everytime I get the chance to.

Its great to see more new members... I joined just a couple days ago. My only problem now is spending way too much time on the forums!

LibertyEagle
10-23-2007, 10:16 PM

And no, I'm not afraid of monsters under my bed or in my closet. You don't see the site as negative, a lot of people don't, but the fact of the matter is that it can be EASILY interpreted into something that is.

Oh ignore him. He calls everyone a troll. Welcome to the forums. :)

paulitics
10-23-2007, 10:17 PM

The arguement used by those who won't waver is that the majority wanted this, and to hell with everyone else. But, thats not what happened. I think the majority wanted a money bomb, and liked the date of Nov 5th. Most people didn't even view the website, or research it thoroughly enough to make an informed decision at the time.

work2win
10-23-2007, 10:17 PM
bump.

paulitics
10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm not a troll. If you need me to prove it, just let me know!

We need to encourage participation. Sometimes we need to act a little more mature when working together. We are all we have as a team....let's do this and set differences aside.

REDESIGN PLEASE!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Use some imagery of:

-Ron himself!
-Constitution
-Founding Fathers
-Civil liberties
-American patriotism
-Economic prosperity
-Photos of REAL supporters - We need to show the crowds that support Ron -- and that we don't wear tin foil hats!
-REAL CHANGE

Use light colors -- white backgrounds work best with colored graphics and high resolution photographs

Also, make it simple!

perfect. Sounds good.

madcat033
10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
No need to even change the date. Just get rid of the dark imagery and bloody V's. No reason to keep them. They don't help the campaign at all.

leglock
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
The arguement used by those who won't waver is that the majority wanted this, and to hell with everyone else. But, thats not what happened. I think the majority wanted a money bomb, and liked the date of Nov 5th. Most people didn't even view the website, or research it thoroughly enough to make an informed decision at the time.

That is correct! the V for Vendetta reference slipped my mind until I saw videos about it, I first heard of the idea of November 5th on the pages of Ron Paul videos. I love the idea of it, but I don't like it being referenced because a lot of people have mixed feelings about it.

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Agreed. November 5 meant nothing to me till I read up on it, then I saw the site and really became concerned.

I think a nice clean patriotic looking site with the stock RP photo would work well. Heck I don't have a problem using the Remember Remember line from the film, its the imagery that concerns me.

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 10:24 PM

You're the troll. The majority does not want this to happen and you're risking Paul's getting elected anyway.

moonbat
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM

Only one? :rolleyes:

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:26 PM

It's an open poll and I would like to get the bulk of the membership here to vote on it. Then we can present the results to Trevor and he can make the decision since it is his site.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Does a majority have any right to Trevor's property or labor? No. Poll futile.

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
You're the troll. The majority does not want this to happen and you're risking Paul's getting elected anyway.

Yes, let us all bow down to the superior majority of 60 something people with too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

jrich4rpaul
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I vote no. There are many different Nov 5th promo videos on the site now. Now it can only be interpreted that people are promoting it however they like. Hell, we have Back to the Future on there. I think the site looks great.

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Does a majority have any right to Trevor's property or labor? No. Poll futile.

The arguement was made that the majority wanted this. Why don't we see and then Trevor can make the decision whether or not he wants to make the change.

kherty
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
If you talk to Trevor, tell him that this isn't personal....I admire his ability to take part in this campaign and put this together. Tell him thank you! :D

Maybe in the future, individuals who want to work on projects like this should get feedback from other Paul supporters so a situation like this could hopefully be avoided. (I know it's not a perfect world, but I think it would help?)

work2win
10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
No need to even change the date. Just get rid of the dark imagery and bloody V's.

I agree!

I'd like to thank Trevor for the awesome donation drive idea and for taking the initiative to make it happen. With a few slight changes to the site, I think we'll have something that we ALL can get behind!

nbhadja
No one would suspect a Vendeta theme if they got rid of the videos. Nov 5th is after all the day before a debate, so most people would think it was put on november 5th so Ron could enter the debate fresh off of that success and take over the debate pre and post coverage.

speciallyblend
Design your own site,give it a rest geez this is getting old from both sides.i have a solution GET OVER IT AND STOP IT aka NO MORE DRAMA GEEZ this is making the forum boring,if you dont like the site dont get involved,make your own,its not related to HQ so give it a rest.

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:31 PM
If you talk to Trevor, tell him that this isn't personal....I admire his ability to take part in this campaign and put this together. Tell him thank you! :D

Maybe in the future, individuals who want to work on projects like this should get feedback from other Paul supporters so a situation like this could hopefully be avoided. (I know it's not a perfect world, but I think it would help?)

From what I recall, the idea was floated out there and there was a lot of support. It was after the site went up and people started to research the message behind the movie that concerns about public perception started to come up.

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 10:31 PM
The arguement was made that the majority wanted this. Why don't we see and then Trevor can make the decision whether or not he wants to make the change.

I'll tell you right now that he will not change a thing, and if I was him I wouldn't either. A person's right to Liberty and Property is not up to any vote, I don't care if it's one person against 6 billion.

paulitics
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
No one would suspect a Vendeta theme if they got rid of the videos. Nov 5th is after all the day before a debate, so most people would think it was put on november 5th so Ron could enter the debate fresh off of that success and take over the debate pre and post coverage.

Right the problem is so easy to fix.

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll tell you right now that he will not change a thing, and if I was him I wouldn't either. A person's right to Liberty and Property is not up to any vote, I don't care if it's one person against 6 billion.

Thanks for your opinion.

kherty
10-23-2007, 10:34 PM
This isn't a debate about rights....of course it is his website and he can do what he wishes.

The concern we have is that is is portraying the wrong message.

If Trevor doesn't feel the same way, then that is fine as well.

But if he cares about how his site will be received by the general public ....well, he may want to reconsider!

devil21
Yep, I like the overall design but I think it's too dark and the V for Vendetta imagery should be toned down.

paulitics
From what I recall, the idea was floated out there and there was a lot of support. It was after the site went up and people started to research the message behind the movie that concerns about public perception started to come up.

exactly. I thought Nov 5th was a day after the election theme ,until i researched it.

me3
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for your opinion.
It's not an opinion, it's the platform Dr. Paul is running on. Fact check it.

Good night.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
8000 people have spoken with their pledge. This poll is far too small to matter.

me3
If Trevor doesn't feel the same way, then that is fine as well.

But if he cares about how his site will be received by the general public ....well, he may want to reconsider!
He's been hounded and harassed about it for days. He's made it clear, it is not changing. All of the folks worried about negative blowback, should be aware that these threads are all being indexed and cataloged by Google for prosperity's sake.

We're behaving like our own worst enemy.

hells_unicorn
Thanks for your opinion.

You really should consider switching you're support to Hillary Clinton, you sound exactly like her right now.

leglock
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
We are our worst enemy though...

speciallyblend
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
SARCASM, We can not do any fund raising for the date Ron Paul is on Leno? Why you ask? because Tom Cruise will be on the show and then the media will relate Ron Paul to scientology because his supporters gave money to Ron Paul on the same day Tom Cruise was on the Tonight show,sounds as logical as the other threads about nov 5th geez no more drama

tfelice
10-23-2007, 10:43 PM
It's amazing the level of viciousness that comes from some people. Foul language, personal attacks, and a "who cares what anyone thinks" attitude seem to be the norm with some people here. One would expect people involved in a political campaign for a conservative, Christian Republican to show some more class and to be more cordial.

You folks have a good night. God bless.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I was having a great night until you and your ilk started shit fests even though Trevor has been clear that nothing is changing. You are writing Malkin's material for her. I don't give a damn what kind of Christian you are. Your obstinate and arrogant behavior is not helpful.

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
It's amazing the level of viciousness that comes from some people. Foul language, personal attacks, and a "who cares what anyone thinks" attitude seem to be the norm with some people here. One would expect people involved in a political campaign for a conservative, Christian Republican to show some more class and to be more cordial.

You folks have a good night. God bless.

Not everyone on here is a conservative, just for the general information of everyone on this subject who is new here. I myself am a radical pro-militia Catholic Libertarian who regards Patrick Henry's dissent (I know I am relying on a Calvinist for my politics, so kindly spare me any questions regarding this) against the Federalists as proof against the US having a regular army, mostly because of the disposition of the office of the presidency to become tyrannical, regardless of Constitutional safeguards.

I'm supporting Ron Paul because he is not a conservative in the sense of the term today. His ideology does follow Paleoconservatism pretty closely, which has never been given a chance in the Republican Party since it's inception.

You are going to find plenty of opponents on issues like this in the future, we are not all Republicans, some of us probably neglected to register, so we are not going to see eye to eye on everything. Treating this forum like it will be an instant consensus is exactly how these things get started.

I apologize to you for going a bit overboard on my sarcasm, but understand that you and I have very little in common, and I have a feeling that Trevor thinks more the way I do than you do and that does not disqualify him from doing what he thinks is best with his own money and time to get Paul elected.

I've said my piece and now I am not going to post in this thread either, or any other one on this subject. I'll simply donate my $600 on the 5th and be done with it.

speciallyblend
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks hell unicorn,for your donation,since im broke makes me feel better when i hear what your donating:)

Cali4RonPaul
10-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I dont understand why the founder of the Nov 5 day cannot see things subjectively, he already has the momentum there is no need for the V for Vendetta imagery.. it is apparent there is enough concern to warrant so many threads about this..

tfelice
10-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Bump