PDA

View Full Version : James Ostrowski: Ron Paul for President

Agorism
03-05-2011, 01:34 PM
http://politicalclassdismissed.com/2011/02/ron-paul-for-president/

As a long-time supporter of Ron Paul and his election lawyer and ballot access coordinator in New York State four years ago, this post is a no-brainer but let me explain my reasons in the context of 2011.

Sorry folks, but Barack Obama is headed toward victory in 2012. None of the so-called leading GOP contenders will beat him in my opinion. Each has grave flaws that I will not delve into here and now.

Four years ago, I believed that Ron Paul was the only Republican who could win in November. Since I believed Hillary would be the nominee, I frequently described Ron as the only candidate who could beat Hillary. By the time Obama clinched the nomination, Ron was out of the race but I would have said the same thing about him beating Obama. In many ways, Obama picked up the youth vote and the theme of change that Ron had grabbed early on in his campaign before he ran into the then not very libertarian GOP primary voters.

In a nutshell, Ron Paul can beat Obama by appealing to voters on the right and the left. No other GOP candidate can do so. He upsets the ideological applecart.

As we have already seen, the GOP House is not serious about cutting spending or expanding liberty in any other way. If Obama is re-elected, Obamacare will be with us for many years. The outrageous deficit spending and the Asian land wars that are bleeding us dry will continue.

I believe that a Ron Paul candidacy is the best hope of a political solution to the present crisis in America.

I am starting a database of Ron Paul supporters to keep folks posted as to the latest news about his possible candidacy.

Please send me an email if you wish to join the list.

Thanks.

Lucille
03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry folks, but Barack Obama is headed toward victory in 2012. None of the so-called leading GOP contenders will beat him in my opinion.

Fact. Tweeted and signed up (when I finally found his email)! jameso@apollo3.com

Agorism
03-05-2011, 02:44 PM
He's a blogger at LRC and he runs political class dismissed blog.

raiha
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
He's a clever lawyer. He does magic work debunking the Abraham Lincoln Great Prez myth. And he has a great gift of the gab or twirl of the pen, I should say.