PDA

View Full Version : HOLY COW. Meetup members read ASAP

parke
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I just realized something about meetup and Dr. Paul.

I was trying to run my meetup from the top down... WRONG. If we sign up our members as asst. organizers.. anybody in each neighborhood can post a meetup. That means people could say when in their own area they are going to do something... Someone close by could join.

Understand the concept?

Thats the best way to navigate whats going on and empower your members. Imagine they can post a meetup at a concert, car show etc. That means that maybe only 1 person shows up.. but they are not alone.

Remember the holidays are coming up. Meetup MUST get more organized to become effective. Meetup is hard to navigate and not user friendly 'enough'. We must adapt to the challenge and I think this plan and time are perfect.

Dr. Pauls message is about personal responsibility. It does not take a majority to win. It takes a tireless minority correct?

Any pro war folks that you run into.. Ive got the perfect comeback. Our children go to fight and die in Iraq.. before they go, they swear to protect the Constitution. Logic would tell you that people who are willing to die for an oath... would support the man that fights for it the most.

Please pass this on.

Thank God we have Ron Paul. I dont think Americans understand how blessed we are to have him. He gets it.. and I love him.
and.. for all the records. :mad::mad:fk Fox news:mad::mad::eek:

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
yes, this is a MUCH more effective way to run a meetup. I made the same top-down mistake w/ my group at first, now I've got asst. organizers and it's gravy.

parke
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
yes, this is a MUCH more effective way to run a meetup. I made the same top-down mistake w/ my group at first, now I've got asst. organizers and it's gravy.

I didnt start a meetup to be a leader. I work alot. I cant be Capt. Campaign. I can help everyone else as I can though.

This is much more effective. It incites creativity and enpowerment.

That is what draws Dr. Pauls fans together is individuality and responsibility. Think about it.. the only people you find that dont support Dr. Paul are people that get news from the TV or paper.. its pretty easy to make a convert in ten minutes if you have the information in front of them.

I think Dr. Paul could show the world life is about peace. He will expose, by default, the negative consequences of central banking. Lets pray that with the internet we can that goal.

It sounds lofty.. but everytime communication had a breakthrough, revolution happened. Why.. because people were empowered by the TRUTH. Honesty is powerful and Ron Paul exposes the truth by default.

The seed of freedom grows rapidly once hope flourishes.

richard1984
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah! That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my local meetup groups--they're both very small--almost always do things when I can't go (obviously, our schedules conflict because it happens over and over again). Anyway, I'm always doing stuff on my own, and it'd be cool to get a little help sometimes. It's basically been my fiancée and I doing our own thing.
As long as the meetup members are all doing something (though maybe not all together), then we're doing and going to do great! :D

jonahtrainer
10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I didnt start a meetup to be a leader. I work alot. I cant be Capt. Campaign. I can help everyone else as I can though.

This is much more effective. It incites creativity and enpowerment.

That is what draws Dr. Pauls fans together is individuality and responsibility. Think about it.. the only people you find that dont support Dr. Paul are people that get news from the TV or paper.. its pretty easy to make a convert in ten minutes if you have the information in front of them.

I think Dr. Paul could show the world life is about peace. He will expose, by default, the negative consequences of central banking. Lets pray that with the internet we can that goal.

It sounds lofty.. but everytime communication had a breakthrough, revolution happened. Why.. because people were empowered by the TRUTH. Honesty is powerful and Ron Paul exposes the truth by default.

The seed of freedom grows rapidly once hope flourishes.

Good ideas. The way we run our Meetups is with the intent to 'split' them as soon as they get large enough. We coordinate large activities but we like to keep them small (20-40). This has increased our activity rate. For example, our main large Meetup has 200 members and 120 at the last monthly Meetup. It has 3 satellite Meetups.

Dustancostine
10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I have started three meetups and I am way to busy to run them top down. So I try to sign up a lot of assistants and them tell them that this is their meetup and if they want freedom they need to do something about it. Because I guarantee all of my time is going to be taken up.

terryhamel
10-24-2007, 03:39 AM
See How to Run an Efficient Ron Paul Meetup Group (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aobCdbg7F7Y)