PDA

View Full Version : David Brooks: Let’s face it, it’ll probably come down to Romney and Pawlenty

RonPaulFanInGA
03-04-2011, 08:43 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/04/david-brooks-lets-face-it-itll-probably-come-down-to-romney-and-pawlenty/

Anti Federalist
03-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Yah, the system is realllllly pushing this Pawlenty character all of a sudden.

doodle
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Don't be fooled, this guy is a total moran when it comes to making predictions.

Before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Brooks argued forcefully for American military intervention, echoing the belief of neocon commentators and political figures that American and British forces would be welcomed as liberators.

doodle
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Yah, the system is realllllly pushing this Pawlenty character all of a sudden.

He made a good impression at neocon lobbies recently.

Governor Pawlenty's Prepared AIPAC Remarks | Tim Pawlenty's ...
Feb 24, 2011 ... Governor Pawlenty's Prepared AIPAC Remarks. By Tim Pawlenty ...
www.timpawlenty .com/.../governor-pawlentys-prepared-aipac-remarks?.

FrankRep
03-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Chris Christie and Herman Cain should do pretty well.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Chris Christie....should do pretty well.

Doesn't Christie have to run first for that to happen?

FrankRep
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Doesn't Christie have to run first for that to happen?

Christie hasn't announced yet, but I think he'll have a large backing if he does.

Jeremy
03-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Christie has said numerous times that he won't run. Why don't you guys believe him?

FrankRep
03-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Christie has said numerous times that he won't run. Why don't you guys believe him?

I did say "IF." If he did run.

erowe1
03-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I doubt that. I think Pawlenty very well might catch steam and become the front runner. But if he does, it will be a result of Romney hemorrhaging supporters to him. If that happens, Romney won't be the other top contender, someone with a different angle will be. If the Huckster runs, it will be he. If not, it could be Barbour or Palin.

Legend1104
03-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Dang. I am so glad that they went ahead and settled this for me. Now I don't have waste my time watching debates, reading information, or thinking.

Sola_Fide
03-04-2011, 11:28 PM
The Republican party will not learn its lessons. Time after time, they keep electing establisment goons and they keep getting bigger government...

The Dark Knight
03-05-2011, 12:22 AM
I really think at this point anything can happen. Even Ron Paul could win. For that to happen we will probably have to have a currency crises. even then he still would have a tough time.....but a much better chance of winning

Kregisen
03-05-2011, 12:29 AM
The media has been pushing pawlenty for the past year - despite him ALWAYS getting 5% or less in every poll. Recently though, he's been getting more popular (probably due to media attention) - he could easily win the nomination when the debates start.

malkusm
03-05-2011, 12:57 AM
As I've said in numerous threads.....Pawlenty should not be discounted, and in fact should be treated as a front runner, because of his extensive ground game. He set up a PAC that dealt exclusively with state candidates in Iowa and New Hampshire about a year and a half ago, and donated big to state candidates who ultimately got elected last November. The state GOP owes him in both of those states, and will be favorable to him.

qh4dotcom
03-05-2011, 01:07 AM
As I've said in numerous threads.....Pawlenty should not be discounted, and in fact should be treated as a front runner, because of his extensive ground game. He set up a PAC that dealt exclusively with state candidates in Iowa and New Hampshire about a year and a half ago, and donated big to state candidates who ultimately got elected last November. The state GOP owes him in both of those states, and will be favorable to him.

What if there's an economic collapse this year on in early 2012? Gas reaches $5-$10 a gallon? All hell breaks loose in the Middle East? Pawlenty is the man who knows how to deal with all of that?

Kregisen
03-05-2011, 12:16 PM
What if there's an economic collapse this year on in early 2012? Gas reaches $5-$10 a gallon? All hell breaks loose in the Middle East? Pawlenty is the man who knows how to deal with all of that?

I'm sure he'll say it all happened because Obama is "from a different planet"

Matt Collins
03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Pawlenty supported cap and trade, climate change, and global warming initiatives:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJD00RrgL4#t=1m39s

sailingaway
03-22-2011, 11:13 PM
he wishes.

They are practically clones.