PDA

View Full Version : Iowa and New Hampshire, here we come (email from LPAC)

Paulatized
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Dear xxxxx,

My next big trip to Iowa is coming up on Monday, and I am really looking forward to it. I’ll be taking part in a Presidential Lecture series sponsored by the Iowa Family Leader.

There will be three stops and public components to all events. If you are in the area, it is always great to see as many friendly faces as possible. You can join me at the following times and locations:

March 7, 2011
Sioux Center at 10:00 am - Dordt College
Pella at 1:00 pm - Pella Christian High School
Iowa City at 4:00 pm - University of Iowa Memorial Union

The talks will focus on my vision for strong families and emphasize how big government in Washington is the enemy of good values and morality across America.

I will send a report on the entire trip on Tuesday and am sure we have will lots of good news. If you would like to get live updates on my progress throughout the day, you can follow @LibertyPAC on Twitter.

I am also pleased to announce the details of my first trip to New Hampshire this political season. There will be two public events where I hope to see as many of you as possible.

The first event will be a speech and rally at the University of New Hampshire in Durham on Thursday, March 24th, co-hosted by Young Americans for Liberty and the UNH College Republicans. The event will begin at 3:30 pm at the Memorial Union Building right in the heart of campus.

I will also be speaking to the Dover County GOP at their annual dinner on Friday, March 25th, at 5:30 pm.

This will help support the New Hampshire GOP Chairman Jack Kimble, a TEA Party leader who has so far really impressed me.

It would be great to turn out as many folks as possible because, as we all know, money talks, and helping to make their event a financial success will send the Republican Party a powerful statement about the strength of our movement.

You can get more information on the event here

March is shaping up to be a great month for our efforts, and I of course have you and all the supporters of Liberty PAC to thank for making these trips possible. Your financial support means the world to me, and these trips are only the beginning of where your generous gifts will allow me to take our message.

To help keep our momentum going, please consider a gift of any size, up to the maximum legal contribution of $5,000. As I always say, our strength lies in our numbers, so contributions of $100, $50, $20.12, or even $10 make a real difference.

Please consider joining me as we fund Liberty PAC to lay the groundwork for our political action in the 2012 cycle. Together, we can reclaim our Liberty and restore our Constitution.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Your support is critical in guiding my 2012 decision making and guaranteeing a successful political operation so we can elect the type of President who will take our country back from the statists. Please, click here to make a contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50, or even $20.12 today.

Tinnuhana
03-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Meanwhile, Gary J's PAC just sent out this email:

In December of 2009, Gov. Gary Johnson formed the OUR America Initiative, a policy advocacy committee dedicated to broadening the public debate on key issues. Specifically, the OUR America Initiative advocates for the defense of civil liberties, a dramatic reduction in federal spending, a balanced budget, and the promotion of free enterprise and less regulation.
Over the last fourteen months, Gov. Johnson has traveled across the country to spread this message – a message that is grounded squarely in the long American tradition of liberty and freedom. He has been to 32 states and spoken to nearly 450 groups. He has made multiple visits to several states, including 8 trips to New Hampshire and 4 each to Iowa and South Carolina.
Every day, Gov. Johnson has multiple appearances in print, on radio or on television. You may have seen him recently on CBS News, Fox News, ABC News, Fox Business, MSNBC, the Colbert Report, or in the National Review, Forbes, Reason, Townhall.com, the Atlantic, the Washington Times, the Wall Street Journal, Slate, Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com, Politico, or the Daily Caller. And of course, this list doesn’t even begin to capture the local and regional coverage he’s received in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, South Carolina, and many other states across the country.
As Gov. Johnson likes to quip, “if you’re doing the math and thinking ‘that’s not possible…’ well, it is possible, and that’s exactly how full of a schedule I’ve tried to keep.”
No amount of effort and energy in the defense of liberty can ever be too much.
Last month, Gov. Johnson made waves by finishing third in the CPAC straw poll. Along the way, he’s been called “Governor Veto,” “the most fiscally conservative Governor in America,” “America’s Most Dangerous Politician,” and my personal favorite – the “Republican Renegade.” But no matter what he is called, he has continued to stand up for what I have always known him to value above all else: the ideas that you and I hold dear – freedom, peace, and prosperity.
None of these results would have been possible without your help. Thank you for the support you have given Gov. Johnson over the past year.
Now, game time is rapidly approaching. The financial course of our nation will be set during these next few weeks, and the success of our efforts will come down to decisions soon to be made in Washington and in State Capitals across the country.
Decisions like whether we should raise the debt ceiling. Gov. Johnson’s answer? An enthusiastic ‘No!’ Decisions like whether government should get bigger or smaller; whether we should settle for nibbling around the edges of a crippling debt, or whether we should do what we need to do – cut trillions instead of millions.
Many courageous governors around the country are standing up to the power elite, demanding spending cuts in lieu of tax increases and refusing to kick the can down the road. But consider just a few facts from Gov. Johnson’s time as Governor of New Mexico:
• Gov. Johnson never raised taxes during his two terms and actually cut them 14 times.
• He vetoed more burdensome laws than all other 49 governors combined.
• He eliminated over 1,200 government jobs “without firing anyone.”
• Gov. Johnson became “the biggest advocate in the country for school vouchers.”
• He cut “the growth rate of New Mexico’s government in half.”
• Gov. Johnson left office with a budgetary surplus of about $1 billion.
• He received wide praise from both parties for his leadership during New Mexico’s devastating Cerro Grande Fire.
• He became “arguably the most popular governor of the decade.”
Isn’t this a man that you want standing up on the national stage for what you believe in? Isn’t this a voice and a record that needs to be heard?
It is critical that Gov. Johnson be in the thick of this fight and at the forefront of national discussion. There is no one more qualified to speak out on these issues and carry the banner of freedom. We know that these fights can be won – after all, Gov. Johnson already proved it in New Mexico.
If you believe as I do that Gov. Johnson’s work is indispensable to the future of our nation, please make your most generous contribution today:
http://www.OURAmericaInitiative.com/donate.
In Liberty,
Ron Nielson
Managing Director
OUR America Initiative
P.S. Gov. Johnson will be traveling many more times to states like New Hampshire, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina, and Nevada over the coming months. He can only continue to do this with your support. Please donate today:
http://www.OURAmericaInitiative.com/donate.

hazek
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
If someone meets him who reads this please if you can politely tell the good Doc to drop the "It's a good opportunity to educate" rhetoric when talking about running and instead embrace a more passionate and determined rhetoric. Thanks!

eduardo89
03-04-2011, 06:58 PM
We need to get everyone in C4L, YAL and Free State Project to help us out with this.

How many C4L members are there in Iowa? How about YAL members? How many universities have chapters? How do we coordinate our efforts with them? Ames Straw poll is extremely important!

LibertyIn08
03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
We need to get everyone in C4L, YAL and Free State Project to help us out with this.

How many C4L members are there in Iowa? How about YAL members? How many universities have chapters? How do we coordinate our efforts with them? Ames Straw poll is extremely important!

The Iowa YAL Chair is definitely already on top of this. Very active and have recruited Ron to speak before.

Not sure about the C4L end.