PDA

View Full Version : White House requests meeting with Seattle Times after endorsing marijuana legalization

jct74
03-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I was very happy to see a major newspaper like the Seattle Times come out for marijuana legalization just recently, especially coming a newspaper that has a reputation for leaning to the right politically, but apparently not everyone was happy about it. More of the same "change" we have come to expect from President Barack Obama.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/03/01/the-seattle-times-calls-for-pot-legalization-the-drug-czar-calls-the-seattle-times-your-tax-dollars-at-work-stifling-debate/

CountryboyRonPaul
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTAr4r24X3Q

AGRP
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Pimpin ain't easy.

Washington DC needs their cut from Washington State.

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Pimpin ain't easy.

Washington DC needs their cut from Washington State.

That or more likely, "You're media print is not in compliance with the weekly propaganda agenda."

It's no secret, all major MSM (media) have executive representatives meet once per week at the White House with Executive Branch officials.

Bern
03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Hillary was complaining that they weren't winning the info war (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6sYB5d1Bu4). Gotta keep that pimp hand strong.

April1775
03-04-2011, 11:14 AM
white house requests meeting with seattle times after endorsing marijuana legalization

you just wait until your father gets home! Boy are you gonna get yelled at!

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Hillary was complaining that they weren't winning the info war (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6sYB5d1Bu4). Gotta keep that pimp hand strong.
Oh the Irony... We need to steal more money from the People to pay for Propaganda to use on them.

Let's correct Hillary Clinton's statement. "We Are Losing Our Propaganda War On The American People!" ;)

April1775
03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Hillary says "during the Cold War we did a great job with getting the information out...."

Yeah, I remember that....films in grade school that gave us nightmares of nuclear annihilation. And "duck and cover" drills under our desks, as if that would keep you from getting nuked.

Travlyr
03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Hillary says "during the Cold War we did a great job with getting the information out...."

Yeah, I remember that....films in grade school that gave us nightmares of nuclear annihilation. And "duck and cover" drills under our desks, as if that would keep you from getting nuked.

Lol... isn't that the truth! Reefer Madness. Fear, fear, and more fear. I remember thinking 'I hope the desk is stronger than the ceiling'. Yeah... I was scared of the communists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLLTntnqjk

April1775
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I remember thinking 'I hope the desk is stronger than the ceiling'.

LOL!

I wasn't even able to think that coherently. I was too scared of Ivan bursting through the classroom door with a flamethrower.

I think that's one reason I now collect old Russian rifles.....overcoming my fear and then some.

dannno
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Amazing..

The Stranger has learned that immediately after the Seattle Times ran an editorial last week supporting a bill to tax and regulate marijuana, the newspaper got a phone call from Washington, D.C. The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy director Gil Kerlikowske wanted to fly to Seattle to speak personally with the paper’s full editorial board.

The meeting is scheduled for next Friday, an apparent attempt by the federal government to pressure the state’s largest newspaper to oppose marijuana legalization. Or at least turn down the volume on its new-found bullhorn to legalize pot.

specsaregood
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
http://stash.norml.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/young-obama-smoking.jpg
do as i say, not as i did.

Icymudpuppy
03-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Dear Sirs, Mr. Debolt, Mr. Alexander, and Mr. Swecker,

I am writing today in support of HB 1550 which would legalize and regulate the sale of Marijuana in our state.

I have been a law enforcement officer, a firefighter, a soldier, and a parent.

For too long, we have suffered loss of liberty and increase in crime from the War on Drugs. Before this ill conceived policy, Police did not raid homes in military gear and automatic weapons and flash grenades. Warrants were issued politely, and the 4th amendment was respected. While I do not condone the use of mind altering drugs, I also recognize that freedom means that people have the right to do what they want with their own bodies. If that means drinking themselves to liver disease, smoking themselves to emphasema, caffeinating themselves to nervous breakdowns, or doping themselves to oblivion, I have to respect their freedom to ruin their own lives however they see fit. However, much like alcohol in moderate consumption can help prevent heart disease, tobacco in moderate consumption can increase awareness, and caffiene can stimulate mental activity, Cannabis in moderate levels has many health benefits.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which there is the fruit yielding seed; to you it shall be for consumption.

The lord put all things on this Earth for a reason. Marijuana is a natural medicine which God intended for us to use to cure a variety of ailments, relieve pain, temper nausea, reduce swelling, and many other benefits. Like any medicine, it can be used irresponsibly, but so can all the legal pharmaceuticals that can be purchased over the counter at my local Rite-Aid. Thus there really is no reason to bar a God given medicine's use when such laboratory created, weird side-effect, man-made creations are perfectly legal and much more harmful.

Besides being an affront to God, our war on drugs is also bad economic policy costing American taxpayers $41.3 billion/year. I'm not sure exactly what the cost to Washington State taxpayers is, but it is sure to be staggering, and no help in our current fiscal struggle. Imagine how much more money our state would have if it wasn't being wasted incarcerating thousands of people who haven't infringed on anyone else's life, liberty or property.

The prohibition of marijuana is also bad crime policy as any prohibition shows that the prohibited item doesn’t stop being available. Instead of responsible shopkeepers, a prohibited item’s suppliers just become blackmarket crime lords who have no problem dealing to children. Funny how the bootleggers of the 20's and the violent crime associated with alcohol prohibition dryed out when prohibition ended. Likewise, two nations with legal cannabis, Portugal and the Netherlands, experience no marijuana related crime, and lower drug use per capita than prohibition nations. Proof that the "Gateway drug" theory is a lie, most likely perpetuated by pharmaceutical companies who cash in on Marijuana alternatives, and the prison-industrial complex who cash in on high incarceration rates to the detriment of ailing people, and taxpayers respectively.

On a more immediate level, imagine the industrial opportunities that would become available in our rural Lewis County and South Thurston areas if we could legally grow the most useful plant in God's creation, HEMP. More oil/acre than any other plant (can you say BIODIESEL). Strongest plant based fiber in the world (rejuvenate our paper mills, and textile industies.) Legal hemp WILL create jobs.

If you have any concerns with the legalization of marijuana, I will be happy to give you any facts, scientific studies, or direct experience as a law-enforcement officer to help you come to an informed decision.

Sincerely, Capt Jack R T

eduardo89
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
What really makes me laugh at Obama is he says that we have to review everything in the drug war, and that there need to be changes, but that marijuana legalizations is completely out of the question. not going to happen. won't even talk about it. but he's open to every idea...

low preference guy
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
What really makes me laugh at Obama is he says that we have to review everything in the drug war, and that there need to be changes, but that marijuana legalizations is completely out of the question. not going to happen. won't even talk about it. but he's open to every idea...

take the whole thing as a lesson on how to detect demagogues.

specsaregood
03-04-2011, 04:49 PM

I found it especially funny when at the beginning of his term, they kept having that online vote system on what people wanted him to address and everytime marijuana legalization came up #1. But then he outright refused it. And that was his base talking.

Bruno
03-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I found it especially funny when at the beginning of his term, they kept having that online vote system on what people wanted him to address and everytime marijuana legalization came up #1. But then he outright refused it, and laughed off the question on a legitimate issue which causes millions to be arrested each year. And that was his base talking.

fixed

jct74
03-04-2011, 05:23 PM
I found it especially funny when at the beginning of his term, they kept having that online vote system on what people wanted him to address and everytime marijuana legalization came up #1. But then he outright refused it. And that was his base talking.

Yeah, and it happened again just a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact, 198 of the top 200 questions were related to the drug war. Insane!
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/27/excop-places-youtubes-ask-obama-vote-question-drug-legalization/

Of course, he only addressed one of those drug war related questions. It was the #1 question, posed by a law enforcment officer from LEAP.

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
So, Obama proves yet again what a hypocrite he is? Who'd a thunk a man who snorts blow off the dick of his personal secretary would oppose marijuana legalization.

Bman
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
People in Seattle need to stand outside with signs saying we don't need Federal intervention in our state or such when they arrive for this meeting.