PDA

View Full Version : Judge Nap to get new lead-in for Freedom Watch - Lou Dobbs!

jct74
03-04-2011, 02:39 AM
This should push Freedom Watch's ratings even higher, Lou Dobbs is a big name. The slot Dobbs takes over is currently occupied by David Asman. Asman now takes over Bolling's spot following Freedom Watch, Bolling gets bumped down a slot to 10 pm.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/03/03/lou-dobbs-back-on-tv-with-fox-show

So basically here's the new lineup:
7 - Dobbs
8 - Judge Nap
9 - Asman
10 - Bolling

Here is the lineup as it currently stands right now, to be superseded on March 14th:
7 - Asman
8 - Judge Nap
9 - Bolling
10 - Cavuto (repeat)

This is also good because Dobb's viewers will be more politically orientated, as opposed to Asman who hosts a much more business-orientated show. That will help Judge retain more viewers from the preceding show.

realtonygoodwin
03-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Hey, did they get rid of the Dave Ramsey show?

jct74
03-04-2011, 03:20 AM

I'm not seeing Dave Ramsey in the current line-up.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/watch/show-schedule/index.html

Humanae Libertas
03-04-2011, 03:45 AM
I can see the Media Matters headline in the next couple days: "Birther joins Truther on the GOP TV network."

Just wait for it...they're so predictable.

jct74
03-04-2011, 04:12 AM
I can see the Media Matters headline in the next couple days: "Birther joins Truther on the GOP TV network."

Just wait for it...they're so predictable.

haha, so true. Here is one of their headlines from just yesterday:

9-11 Truther Napolitano Hosts Another Truther On His Fox Show
March 02, 2011 10:32 pm ET by Shauna Theel

Today on his Fox Business show, Freedom Watch, Andrew Napolitano hosted 9-11 truther Eric Margolis. Napolitano has previously supported the conspiracy theory that the government is lying about the attacks on September 11. By Fox News' standards, Napolitano should have been "fired immediately" for these comments, yet Napolitano still has his own Fox Business show and Fox News frequently hosts him.

Will Fox continue to allow Napolitano to give a platform to other 9-11 truthers?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201103020047

Sola_Fide
03-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Where is Peter Schiff's show?

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2011, 08:31 AM
It's been gone a longtime... since I think the end of June 2010

jrskblx125
03-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Lots of people like lou dobbs. Why is he not on cnn anymore? I havent heard of him for awhile

realtonygoodwin
03-04-2011, 08:54 AM
It's been gone a longtime... since I think the end of June 2010

Awww, that sucks.

iamse7en
03-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Dobbs is a protectionist who wants regulated "fair" trade - not free trade. He's clueless.

jct74
03-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I think Dobbs is going to now pull a lot of viewers from Fox News to Fox Business during the 7 pm timeslot. A lot of Fox News viewers would rather watch Lou Dobbs than Shepard Smith I'd imagine. So the lead-in show to Freedom Watch is going to be getting a lot higher ratings, which is great for The Judge. Hopefully this will also lead to Fox Business becoming available in more media markets.

MelissaCato
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Where is Peter Schiff's show?

^^ Ya this.

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I think Dobbs is going to now pull a lot of viewers from Fox News to Fox Business during the 7 pm timeslot. A lot of Fox News viewers would rather watch Lou Dobbs than Shepard Smith I'd imagine. So the lead-in show to Freedom Watch is going to be getting a lot higher ratings, which is great for The Judge. Hopefully this will also lead to Fox Business becoming available in more media markets.

Yes, that or hopefully moving these shows to FNC time slots would be the tops. If Judge Nap's shows jump high enough, just maybe a move too, if Roger Ailes would allow such a show on FNC. I also would like to see his ratings share on the Judge's Sunday broadcasts.

TheDriver
03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
They need to get rid of Imus in the mornings! Keep Asman!

eduardo89
03-04-2011, 04:00 PM
They need to get rid of Imus in the mornings! Keep Asman!

Asman is so much better.

I want the Judge to get moved over to Fox News though!

axiomata
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
And I thought Fox Business was shooting for a libertarianish pro free-market audience. How does the protectionist Dobbs fit in there?

He's definitely a big name, and one of the better pundits, but Fox Business doesn't seem to be his ideal fit. (Though for him, a job is a job.)