PDA

View Full Version : Nov 6: My vision

RobotJaxxon
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
(Please note: there IS an MSNBC GOP debate scheduled for Nov 6 in Ames, Iowa)

November 6, 2007 (My vision):

12:01 AM. Ron Paul HQ checks their website and puts out a notice for a press conference for 1pm later that day.

6:00 AM. Ron Paul wakes up, checks his numbers, and SMILES.

1:00 PM. HQ holds a press conference to announce that on November 5th, Ron Paul raised $2million, the largest amount raised in a single day in the history of presidential campaigning. HQ ends the conference by saying "Ron Paul IS a front runner for the GOP nomination".

4:30 PM. Pre-debate commentators begin their spin, and spend more time than they like trying to figure out how Ron Paul managed to raise $2 million yesterday.

5:00 PM. Debate Begins.

5:15 PM. Ron Paul ends his first statement by saying "Yesterday, my campaign raised over $2 million. My support is strong and I am here to WIN. I can defeat anyone running for the Democratic nomination in the general election."

6:45 PM. In the post debate interview, Ron Paul points out that yesterday he raised twice as much as Huckabee raised in the entire 3rd quarter, and much more than McCain currently has in the bank.

(and maybe, just maybe) 6:46 PM Chris Matthew's head explodes.

My point: Organizing a massive fundraising bump for November 5th is the most strategic move the grassroots can make for the campaign. You can argue about the benefits or drawbacks of the association with Guy Fawkes day, but I defy anyone to find a day with more strategic importance than November 5th. All day on the 6th there will be media buzzing about the candidates and the upcoming debate (that has been the case with the last few debates). We can dominate that news with a jaw dropping fundraising day on the 5th. The result will be 5 weeks of front-runner status before the first primary.

I believe my vision above is very plausible, and I'm willing to donate $100 to see it happen. I'll probably donate significantly more than that.

I encourage everyone to get behind the November 5th fundraising bump.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 09:07 PM
where are you guys getting this "the largest single day in the history of presidential campaigning" business? Anyone have references, or is it fantasy?

werdd
10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
if we break 1 million on november 5th that would be great, more than that would be amazing.... i mean ive been a critic in the past, but this could be great so lets just go with it.

Brinck Slattery
Do you have a cite for that? I'm not being obnoxious, I just want to make sure the info's correct.

dsentell
Excellent post Robot!

I agree. I don't care what the theme is - argue about it all you want. The important thing is that the money is donated. Whatever it takes to get the money to our leader -- DO IT!

I will be donating at least $100 on the 5th.

I WANT TO SEE THE VISION...........

G-khan
Troll alert!

ACJohn
10-23-2007, 09:13 PM
the guess for oprah/obama was 3 million in 1 night. RP does it from joe average $100 at a time !!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070908/obama-winfrey/

Cindy
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I like what happens at 6:46 P.M. Almost worth donating more then a hundred for!

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Nice, so the number to beat is 3 mil. That's all! No trolling! Sweet jesus you people are sensitive.

RobotJaxxon
10-23-2007, 09:18 PM
the guess for oprah/obama was 3 million in 1 night. RP does it from joe average $100 at a time !!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070908/obama-winfrey/

Wow. Well, maybe $2million wouldn't be record breaking, but I think it would still be able to dominate the news on the 6th. I don't think anyone's required to keep daily records of their donations, so it may be a difficult record to nail down.

Perhaps it would be a record for a GOP candidate?

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-23-2007, 09:18 PM
If we could raise 2 million in only one day, the amount of press we would get would be worth 50 million in donations.

But it's not going to happen. Because you all are only pledging to donate $100.

You can do better. But you are all selfish.

Keeping the money to yourselves.

Want Paul to win? Pledge to donate $1,000 on november 5th. Screw $100.

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 09:20 PM
If we could raise 2 million in only one day, the amount of press we would get would be worth 50 million in donations.

But it's not going to happen. Because you all are only pledging to donate $100.

You can do better. But you are all selfish.

Keeping the money to yourselves.

Want Paul to win? Pledge to donate $1,000 on november 5th. Screw $100.

How much have you pledged, huh?

paulitics
10-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm confused because half the time the supporters say this will create a huge positive media blitz that will catapult Paul to the top tier. Then we we suggest that it will likely be negative due to the violent connotation of the V theme, terrorism, etc, blood spots on the website, stormfront's endorsement, etc, they say the media won't cover it.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 09:26 PM
it's called doublethink, apparently there are some experts in newspeak on this board.

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm confused because half the time the supporters say this will create a huge positive media blitz that will catapult Paul to the top tier. Then we we suggest that it will likely be negative due to the violent connotation of the V theme, terrorism, etc, blood spots on the website, stormfront's endorsement, etc, they say the media won't cover it.

The important thing right now is getting the money. We'll know soon enough about the media.

10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
How much have you pledged, huh?

We have a bare minimum of 100,000 ron paul supporters in the USA. No less than that.

If every one of us donated $1,000 on november 5th, we could raise ron paul 100 MILLION dollars in ONE DAY.

With 100 million in the bank raised in a single day, Ron Paul would be guaranteed victory. It would be more than a landslide win- it would be simply amazing and godlike. And we all know Ron Paul will end the IRS. Which will save us all much more than $1,000 each. Isn't that worth it?

Now let's be a little more realistic and assume only 50,000 of those ron paul supporters can legally donate money. And only 25,000 of those 50,000 supporters aren't maxed out and can donate 1,000.

That means we would raise... 25 MILLION in a single day. That's 8x more than the current record-holder Barack Obama has raised in a single day.

Ron Paul's name would be all over the news for shattering that record 8-fold.

Not only that, but he would have at least 35 million in the bank, more than any other republican candidate.

And this IS POSSIBLE!
We all only need to donate $1,000 on november 5th!

And our man wins!

It's simple... come on people..

RobotJaxxon
10-23-2007, 09:31 PM

I agree. My fiat $0.02 is we should look at it from a campaign strategy point of view (which no one has mentioned the debates so far, which are the biggest media days for comparing the candidates). I don't know if the Guy Fawkes thing will be good or bad, but I really believe they could not have picked a better day than November 5th.

Perhaps what I'm also saying is this... if you're uncomfortable with the V for Vendetta theme, then an excellent case can be made for donating that day purely from a strategic point of view.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
We have a bare minimum of 100,000 ron paul supporters in the USA. No less than that.

If every one of us donated $1,000 on november 5th, we could raise ron paul 100 MILLION dollars in ONE DAY.

With 100 million in the bank raised in a single day, Ron Paul would be guaranteed victory. It would be more than a landslide win- it would be simply amazing and godlike. And we all know Ron Paul will end the IRS. Which will save us all much more than $1,000 each. Isn't that worth it?

Now let's be a little more realistic and assume only 50,000 of those ron paul supporters can legally donate money. And only 25,000 of those 50,000 supporters aren't maxed out and can donate 1,000.

That means we would raise... 25 MILLION in a single day. That's 8x more than the current record-holder Barack Obama has raised in a single day.

Ron Paul's name would be all over the news for shattering that record 8-fold.

Not only that, but he would have at least 35 million in the bank, more than any other republican candidate.

And this IS POSSIBLE!
We all only need to donate $1,000 on november 5th!

And our man wins!

It's simple... come on people..

yes, and if I shit rainbows we can follow them to the leprechaun's gold and donate that money.

Doing arithmetic isn't a convincing proposal for a fundraiser.

bolidew
10-23-2007, 09:39 PM
it's called doublethink, apparently there are some experts in newspeak on this board.

Right on. Imagine how much media can talk on it ...

10-23-2007, 09:39 PM
yes, and if I shit rainbows we can follow them to the leprechaun's gold and donate that money.

So who here can't donate $1,000?

$1,000 in today's world is nothing.

On only minimum wage working a full time job, it would only take 2 weeks to save up that money. On minimum wage working only part-time job, what maybe 3-5 weeks at most?

That is nothing.

Why not take out a loan from your bank? Pay it back monthly?

Take out a $1,000 loan for november 5th. Pay back $250 a month for 4 months. So what, you can't buy any video games for 4 months? Can't get that apple pie in the store you wanted? Can't watch HBO on tv?

Isn't that worth it... for FREEDOM?

saahmed
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
That debate was moved to UNI in Cedar Falls a couple weeks ago and then today they just announced that it was postponed indefinitely: http://www.uni.edu/debates/

That sucks. But, I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Its 2 hours away and I had class that night. Hopefully they reschedule and I can make it. There is supposed to be one in Iowa City sometime in December.

RobotJaxxon
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
That debate was moved to UNI in Cedar Falls a couple weeks ago and then today they just announced that it was postponed indefinitely: http://www.uni.edu/debates/

That sucks. But, I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Its 2 hours away and I had class that night. Hopefully they reschedule and I can make it. There is supposed to be one in Iowa City sometime in December.

NOOOOO!!!! Poop. I swear I found multiple sources before starting this thread. Thanks for the link though. I'd rather be corrected now than disappointed in a couple weeks.

Why do I dare to dream?!? :-)

xcalybur
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
The only problem with that is that Hillary got about 9 Mil on the last day of Q3. So, he wouldn't even be comming close to breaking a record. Still a big story however.

ronpaulfan
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Nice, so the number to beat is 3 mil. That's all! No trolling! Sweet jesus you people are sensitive.

The fuck-heads at Fox News loaded an entire debate audience with anti-Paul booers. EXCUSE US FOR BEING SENSITIVE!

bbachtung
10-23-2007, 11:30 PM

Do you have any idea how much media attention that a Ron Paul supporter shitting rainbows would get?

It would probably be twice as much when the media finds out that the rainbows lead to Irish gold!

Zack
10-23-2007, 11:32 PM

Well put.

I think if it does get media attention, and I hope and think it won't, the top story will be V masks and the violent quotes used in the blogs/youtube videos, not the money.

ronpaulyourmom
10-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I just wanted to mention that this debate is no longer on the 6th, it was postponed...doh!

http://www.uni.edu/debates/