PDA

View Full Version : did Jon Stewart just call for a draft?

cindy25
03-03-2011, 09:16 PM
watching his interview with Allison Stranger, and it almost seemed like Charlie Rangel was talking out of Stewart's mouth

not on youtube but readily available Comedy Central and torrent sites.

FrankRep
03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I kinda don't care what Jon Stewart says.

eduardo89
03-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Jon Steward says a lot of things...99% of it can be ignored

cindy25
03-03-2011, 09:37 PM
he is considered to be the most influential newscaster today; and he is increasingly partisan. we should be interested in what those who disagree with us say.

amy31416
03-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Lots of liberals have been calling for a draft...they're foolish enough to think that a draft would effect the elites and end the wars.

hugolp
03-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Lots of liberals have been calling for a draft...they're foolish enough to think that a draft would effect the elites and end the wars.

The draft would probably force a lot of politician sons and daughters into the army. They would probably be asigned somewhere they dont get hurt.

amy31416
03-04-2011, 06:12 AM
The draft would probably force a lot of politician sons and daughters into the army. They would probably be asigned somewhere they dont get hurt.

Exactly. And then those sons and daughters would probably run for office in the future and claim that they had military bona fides...the current politicians would exclaim that they, too were making the ultimate sacrifice because their sons/daughters were in the military--in harm's way, etc.

jtstellar
03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
he is considered to be the most influential newscaster today; and he is increasingly partisan. we should be interested in what those who disagree with us say.

just say you like him and you're giving us a reason to follow too.. lol

influential? among leftists maybe

YumYum
03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
The only draft I like comes out of a keg.

amy31416
03-04-2011, 08:18 AM
just say you like him and you're giving us a reason to follow too.. lol

influential? among leftists maybe

Of course he's influential among leftists--but also independents. It's foolish to not understand opposing arguments, especially the left and the neoconservative opposition. I find Kristol, Frum, Cheney (both the elder and his repulsive offspring) abhorrent for their promotion of warmongering, borrowing and spending--but I can't argue against it without knowing what they're saying. Liz Cheney's organization is PNAC, part II--and we have an opportunity to stop them in their tracks BEFORE they get us into WWIII with the Middle East, and increase the warfare state. Paying attention to what Stewart's promoting gives us an opportunity to try to stop the spread of the welfare state.

Hit 'em from both sides.

Stary Hickory
03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Stewart is kinda of a Dbag. I used to be more accepting of him, but really he turned out to be a shill.

Pericles
03-04-2011, 09:04 AM

Or they would use dad's influence to be assigned to ta civil affairs reserve unit.

VBRonPaulFan
03-04-2011, 09:08 AM
i tend to find that he's all over the place. he was hardcore left during the bush admin, but now that he seems diappointed in some of the crap obama is doing, he goes back and forth. the only semi-admirable quality I see in him is that he'll call out the dems on their bullshit.

YumYum
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Here is the interview. I don't know if he was actually calling for a draft; he was using the draft to make a point. On the other hand, he may be muddying up the issue in this interview, as he is making a transition from anti-draft to supporting a draft, since it looks like we are going to be at war with every Muslim nation in the world.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-march-2-2011/allison-stanger

erowe1
03-04-2011, 09:35 AM
he is considered to be the most influential newscaster today

By whom?