PDA

View Full Version : 8,000 Nov 5th subscribers!

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
http://thisnovember5th.com

Here's to 92,000 more!

ItsTime
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
ya huckabee people are spamming it to make it look bad

terlinguatx
10-23-2007, 08:56 PM
After reading this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28140
I think I'm a supporter again

hells_unicorn
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
http://thisnovember5th.com

Here's to 92,000 more!

You can count me as 5 subscribers, I'm giving at least $500. Kudos to the guy running the site.

parke
10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
You can count me as 5 subscribers, I'm giving at least $500. Kudos to the guy running the site.

Im selling some stuff on ebay search RP08 and find the Paul Frank stuff.. Im donating what I make off of that.. and every dime I can after I pay the rent.

Its time to show that fucking media that the PROGRAMMING stops here. Please remember that the holidays are coming up.. thats the best way to make converts that will spread the word..

(sorry for swearing, but after the last debate.. Im 'Fucking' furious.)

KewlRonduderules
10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
ya huckabee people are spamming it to make it look bad

I am sure the administrator can monitor IP addresses and check to see if there are duplicate emails coming from the same IP.

;)

ross11988
10-23-2007, 09:31 PM

You can make it up for the people that back out.

RonPaulCentral
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM

Awesome - I am giving $500 and my g/f is giving $250 -- so $750 from this house Nov 5!!!

Great to hear you are giving more than the $100 too!!!

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Screw $100 each on a single day. We need it to be $1,000 each.

So we are on track to raise 800k in a single day right now if every person that has pledged keeps their word.

Why not be a little less selfish guys, and change that 800k in a single day to 8 MILLION in a single day? That would be more than double the current record-holder Barack Obama's most raised in a single day!

It would give Ron Paul the biggest MSM rongasm you've ever seen! His name would be everywhere! It would increase his chances at winning more than ten-fold!

Isn't that worth it... for FREEDOM?

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 09:53 PM

So we are on track to raise 800k in a single day right now if every person that has pledged keeps their word.

Why not be a little less selfish guys, and change that 800k in a single day to 8 MILLION in a single day? That would be more than double the current record-holder Barack Obama's most raised in a single day!

It would give Ron Paul the biggest MSM rongasm you've ever seen! His name would be everywhere! It would increase his chances at winning more than ten-fold!

You forgot that most people can legally donate less than $1000 by this point, and most can't financially, either.

10-23-2007, 09:55 PM
You forgot that most people can legally donate less than $1000 by this point, and most can't financially, either.

You can donate more than $2,300.

You can donate $2,300 once for the primaries (current), and $2,300 for the general election.

If RP doesn't win the nomination, there will be no general election for him, and he can't use the money for it, so your money gets refunded to you.

All more the reason to donate every single penny you can!

If your $2,300 works and RP wins, he is president! If it fails, you're safe, and get your $2,300 back!

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 09:56 PM
You can donate more than $2,300.

You can donate $2,300 once for the primaries (current), and $2,300 for the general election.

If RP doesn't win the nomination, there will be no general election, and he can't use the money, so your money gets refunded to you.

All more the reason to donate every single penny you can!

No. The campaign doesn't accept donations over $2,300 for now. It would just be more work for them to refund it (and they do refund).

I swear you're a troll, sometimes. Especially given your username.

10-23-2007, 10:00 PM
No. The campaign doesn't accept donations over $2,300 for now. It would just be more work for them to refund it (and they do refund).

I swear you're a troll, sometimes. Especially given your username.

Have you tried it?

hopeforamerica
10-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Have you tried it?

Others on this forum have, and said they got a refund.

10-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Others on this forum have, and said they got a refund.

I say try it yourself.

Maybe those people reporting that were spies from other campaigns trying to misinform us.

What do you have to lose?

If the campaign really does not accept it and it gets returned to you, you lose nothing.

Diana
10-23-2007, 10:07 PM

Please stop calling people selfish. I'm sure everyone is giving what they're able to give, some have given perhaps more than they're able. Trying to lay guilt trips on people is not the way to go. Strategizing and coming up with ways to raise money, and more importantly - primary votes is one thing - pressuring and guilt is quite another. People do tend to give more for positive reasons - to do what they can to support the message and try to get him elected - and not from negative pressure. Calling someone selfish is more likely to get a "screw you" or resentment than anything else.

And no, people should not try to give more than $2300! Sigh.

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 10:10 PM
What do you have to lose?

If the campaign really does not accept it and it gets returned to you, you lose nothing.

It's not what YOU have to lose... it's that it takes time for the campaign to process, including reporting to the FEC that it was returned. Waste of campaign resources.

What, you plan to try it yourself?

10-23-2007, 10:16 PM
It's not what YOU have to lose... it's that it takes time for the campaign to process, including reporting to the FEC that it was returned. Waste of campaign resources.

What, you plan to try it yourself?

I am going to try it tonight I'll let you all know in the morning how it goes.

Harry96
10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Even if this drive raises $1 million in a day, it'll be great. But, at the rate people are signing up, if they had set the date 4-6 weeks later, they really could've gotten to 100,000 people.

jgmaynard
10-23-2007, 10:36 PM
"Largest one-day donation for any candidate ever" + $1 = Millions of dollars in free publicity.

JM

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Oprah got $3 mil for Obama in one day.

10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Oprah got $3 mil for Obama in one day.

Yeah just because he's black too.

NewEnd
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM

:mad:

save it.

jgmaynard
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I think we stand a good chance at hitting $3M that day. We're already on path to get $2.5M and that's at only $100/signup. I've heard several people say they are going to donate more. If my best customer pays me all he owes me this week, I likely will as well.

JM

10-23-2007, 10:50 PM
:mad:

You can't make that connection?

Oprah is black, Obama is black. Oprah's previous views on politics are quite different than the platform Obama is running on. I would have thought for sure Oprah would have been a Hillary woman.

But for Oprah, skin color is thicker than water.

It's getting ridiculous. First we have black people getting free scholarships around the country just because of their skin color, now we have black presidential candidates getting elected just because of their skin color.

Just purely ridiculous.

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM

Whether true or not, that's irrelevant to this discussion.

ronpaulyourmom
10-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Actually Romney took 200 of his richest, best connected friends and put them in front of a telephone for a day and raised $6,000,000. But hey, 3 million would be amazing, depending on how many of those current signups are fake.

Revolution9
10-24-2007, 04:24 AM
Whether true or not, that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Not quite. There is a reason he recieved the money. To suggest so is not racist but a fact that is sure to have stats to back it up as far as demographics is concerned.

Randy

qwerty
10-24-2007, 06:20 AM
we Need To Spread The Address Harder!!!!!

Pride
10-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Not quite. There is a reason he recieved the money. To suggest so is not racist but a fact that is sure to have stats to back it up as far as demographics is concerned.

Randy

I have to agree.

I hope Oprah hasn't supported Obama just because his black, because it certainly looks like it! :mad:

Brutus
10-24-2007, 07:32 AM
I hope that fundraising between now and 11/5 doesn't tank, or the day will only get us back to where we would have been without it.

lonestarguy
10-24-2007, 09:31 AM
...course, don't forget a significant group are dropping campaign checks in the mail, as i did another hunerd ducks today, and many more, myself included are waiting for our ccards to re-calibrate, so we can continue to regularly give.......i saw a stat on the msm that reflected that of rp's contributors only about 25 % had maxed out. there's a lot of water at that well to be drawn....

centure7
10-24-2007, 09:52 AM
If RP doesn't win the nomination, there will be no general election for him, and he can't use the money for it, so your money gets refunded to you.
r $2,300 back!

No way... I'm writing my vote in next year regardless of what happens... its my way of saying "screw the 2-party monopoly" I want all hard-core supporters to write in Ron Paul next year regardless. You aren't a hard-core supporter unless you write him in :)

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm disgusted that all the references to "V" were removed.

I'm not so much disgusted that they were removed (even though I fully approve of them) but that a bunch of thugs and bullies intimidated those in charge of the project until they complied. To be blunt, I want to vomit.

I'm ashamed of the bullies and ashamed of those in charge of this project that allowed a bunch of thugs to dictate their decision making.

Spirit of '76
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh, spare us the hyperbole. :rolleyes:

DrNoZone
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm disgusted that all the references to "V" were removed.

I'm not so much disgusted that they were removed (even though I fully approve of them) but that a bunch of thugs and bullies intimidated those in charge of the project until they complied. To be blunt, I want to vomit.

I'm ashamed of the bullies and ashamed of those in charge of this project that allowed a bunch of thugs to dictate their decision making.

God, grow up (and buy yourself a dictionary so you know what the words you're so casually slinging around actually mean).

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
No, I will not. It is the truth. The V references were fantastic! I think they were a big plus! However, I would have not been too upset if those in charge of the project made this decision ON THEIR OWN. Instead, they were bullied by a bunch of screaming thugs trying to destroy their project.

I'm ashamed of everyone involved.

Taco John
10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh, spare us the hyperbole. :rolleyes:

All of a sudden you're concerned about hyperbole?

The thing has been watered down. I can see adding other references, but to take out the videos that got people excited about this in the first place will only slow fundraising momentum.

Do the math... With the V references, the conversion arate was upwards of 25%. It's slowed down to 11%, and today we actually have LOST subscribers.

It was a bad decision to censor the V videos.

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I am grown up.

I guess you did not see the people screaming for all references to the Nov 5th campaign to be BURIED on Digg!

Quite frankly, when people are willing to do try and sabotage another project that is in support of Ron Paul they are nothing but jack booted thugs.

G-khan
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
No, I will not. It is the truth. The V references were fantastic! I think they were a big plus! However, I would have not been too upset if those in charge of the project made this decision ON THEIR OWN. Instead, they were bullied by a bunch of screaming thugs trying to destroy their project.

I'm ashamed of everyone involved.

I agree with you and I will not give on that day and I think the creator should make a way to let us get out of his database..

I did not sign up for what I am getting and he broke my contract!

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I agree Taco John!

I don't so much mind that the "V" references were removed (even though I LOVED the references because the movie was great) but because certain individuals BULLIED those in charge of the project.

For goodness sakes, they were disrupting this forum with dozens of threads, demanding that the Nov 5th stories on Digg be BURIED (THE NEOCONS ALREADY DO ENOUGH RON PAUL DIGG BURYING ALREADY), and ranted and raved.

Basically, I'm worried about the NEXT interesting and unique project that springs up!

Will a bunch of you scream and yell if someone starts a project with the theme of drug legalization for example? Will you demand it be buried?

I find it disgusting how part of the community attacked and tried to destroy a project in SUPPORT of Ron Paul.

I want to vomit and gag and vomit some more at the actions of these thugs and the fact those in charge of the project gave in.

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:04 AM
I suggest that everyone that was going to give to the project donate the funds THE DAY BEFORE the 5th!

No references to "V" means a BROKEN CONTRACT!!!

Spirit of '76
10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
For goodness sakes, they were disrupting this forum with dozens of threads, demanding that the Nov 5th stories on Digg be BURIED (THE NEOCONS ALREADY DO ENOUGH RON PAUL DIGG BURYING ALREADY), and ranted and raved.

I don't see much difference between them and the people who are now ranting and raving over multiple threads about how everyone should abandon the project because the creator decided to compromise on the V videos in order to bring a little peace and stability to the movement.

Ultimately, both groups are being immature.

margomaps
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I suggest that everyone that was going to give to the project donate the funds THE DAY BEFORE the 5th!

No references to "V" means a BROKEN CONTRACT!!!

Ok. A big part of your objection to those opposing the whole 'V' connotation, was that they were sabotaging a fundraising effort that would benefit Ron Paul. Don't you see that you're doing pretty much the same thing?

We need to come together on this and just support Ron Paul. The infighting is somewhat inevitable in a group as diverse as ours, but it's discouraging nonetheless. Please consider the big picture. Do your actions help Ron Paul? Let the answer to that question guide your actions. For Ron Paul's sake.

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree with you and I will not give on that day and I think the creator should make a way to let us get out of his database..

I did not sign up for what I am getting and he broke my contract!

Yes, I think there should be an unsubscribe button. I sure want to unsubscribe!

We all need to donate the same funds or MORE, but just not on that date!

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Ok. A big part of your objection to those opposing the whole 'V' connotation, was that they were sabotaging a fundraising effort that would benefit Ron Paul. Don't you see that you're doing pretty much the same thing?

We need to come together on this and just support Ron Paul. The infighting is somewhat inevitable in a group as diverse as ours, but it's discouraging nonetheless. Please consider the big picture. Do your actions help Ron Paul? Let the answer to that question guide your actions. For Ron Paul's sake.

We cannot sit by and let a project be MANIPULATED by those that were OPENLY CALLING for everyone to SABOTAGE IT by BURYING Digg articles!

It's obvious those in charge of this Nov. 5th campaign were totally and unfairly pressured into eliminating the "V" references.

If we do nothing now just think what will happen NEXT TIME someone starts a project that a certain small group of people don't like?!

They will think to themselves, "Hey, guys... Those folks got the Nov. 5th project to remove references to "V" by making a big fuss! We can do the same thing! We can scream, yell, and attack this new project until they submit to OUR authority over THEIR project! Lets start a thread telling them we will be BURYING their project unless they submit!"

Shink
10-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Buncha pussies.

margomaps
10-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, I think there should be an unsubscribe button. I sure want to unsubscribe!

We all need to donate the same funds or MORE, but just not on that date!

I'm sure if you e-mail the site owner he'll take your name off the list. It's unfortunate if you decide to do so, and even more so if you convince more people to follow your lead.

I've been pretty neutral on the whole "To 'V' or not to 'V'" question ;) . But as I watched the number of subscribers increase, I realized that this was going to be a huge boon to Ron's campaign. I exhort you: please consider what's best for Ron's campaign, and not what's best for you.

Respectfully,

- margomaps

werdd
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Ron paul said if people want to donate alot of money on a specific date like november 5th, then he doesnt see how anyone could object to this. Hear it on the adam curry show october 24th Dailysourcecode.com

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm sure if you e-mail the site owner he'll take your name off the list. It's unfortunate if you decide to do so, and even more so if you convince more people to follow your lead.

I've been pretty neutral on the whole "To 'V' or not to 'V'" question ;) . But as I watched the number of subscribers increase, I realized that this was going to be a huge boon to Ron's campaign. I exhort you: please consider what's best for Ron's campaign, and not what's best for you.

Respectfully,

- margomaps

I am supporting two things:

1) Not allowing a group of thugs to coerce those in charge of a project to change it according to their wishes!

2) Not allowing a PRECEDENT to be started where people think they can FORCE those in charge of project to change it if they simply threaten to SABOTAGE IT!

reduen
10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey SouthernGuy, any changing your mind on this thing?

I mean, I agree that the people who started this thing should not have been bullied out of it but could you see your way to going along with it now that it is done? :)

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Buncha pussies.

The wimps are those that thought connecting "V" and Ron Paul was some kind of horrible thing that would "ruin" the campaign!

V and Ron Paul are BOTH heros!

KewlRonduderules
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Ron paul said if people want to donate alot of money on a specific date like november 5th, then he doesnt see how anyone could object to this. Hear it on the adam curry show october 24th Dailysourcecode.com

Listen to the good doctor. Let it go. I think this should end the debate once and for all.

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey SouthernGuy, any changing your mind on this thing?

I mean, I agree that the people who started this thing should not have been bullied out of it but could you see your way to going along with it now that it is done? :)

Nope, because if I back down a precedent will be set in stone!

Do you want individuals in the future to think they can COERCE a group of people in charge of a project if they scream, rant, and threaten to sabotage it enough times?

TechnoGuyRob
10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
And if not, there's always November 11th! :)

http://thisnovember11th.com/

Spirit of '76
10-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Do you want individuals in the future to think they can COERCE a group of people in charge of a project if they scream, rant, and threaten to sabotage it enough times?

That's what you are doing right now.

SewrRatt
10-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I am supporting two things:

1) Not allowing a group of thugs to coerce those in charge of a project to change it according to their wishes!

2) Not allowing a PRECEDENT to be started where people think they can FORCE those in charge of project to change it if they simply threaten to SABOTAGE IT!

You're sabotaging it too, you doofus. You are trying to sabotage 11-5 for not conforming to your wishes in the exact same way as the anti-V faction!

werdd
Ron Paul said november 5th is a fine idea on his interview with adam curry today, quit bitching and moaning already.

Eric21ND
Some of you people on this forum are a bunch of women, seriously!

I wanted to get Ron Paul 2,000,000 million that day. You hurt the campaign more than you realize. Campaigns live and die with our donations idiots.

Spirit of '76
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I wanted to get Ron Paul 2,000,000 million that day.

No reason it can't still happen if people keep pushing the project.

I just signed up, even though I can't really afford it, just to counteract at least one of the bellyachers who say they're not going to support it now.

JoshLowry
10-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Take it to private message.

Thanks.