PDA

View Full Version : Need help with candidate comparison flier!

eduardo89
03-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Ok so I'm trying to do a flier that compares Ron Paul with Romney, Huckabee, Newt and Pawlenty, but I need some help with issues to compare them with that will be in Ron's favor. I want to do something like this:

Issue- Ron-Mitt-Huck-Newt-Paw
Issue1 - ✓ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗
Issue2 - ✓ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗
Issue3 - ✓ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗

It doesn't necessarily have to be all ✗'s for the opponents, although in those cases it should be to reinforce Ron's position and clear any doubts, such as for things like pro-life.

So far I have come up with:

Against war in Iraq
Against continued presence in Afghanistan
Would phase out IRS and income taxes
Served in the US Armed forces

What other issues should we use that show Ron is the best candidate? Also, if you can give me the other guys' stances on the issue so I fill out the table easily.

Thanks in advance!

Lord Xar
03-03-2011, 04:52 PM
I think adding a liberty index would be good. There is a site, forget the name, that actually rates the politicans. It applies a liberty index score based on voting record and such, that would shine some light on them.

So, my suggestion:

Liberty Index
Immigration Enforcement
Economy expert

etc..

AZKing
03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Possibly something about opting out of social security. Young people love that.

eduardo89
03-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Possibly something about opting out of social security. Young people love that.

That one's good, is RP the only candidate who says he'd be in favor of that?

AZKing
03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
That one's good, is RP the only candidate who says he'd be in favor of that?

Fairly sure, yes.

Tonewah
03-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Has never voted to increase taxes.

eduardo89
03-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Ok this is what I have so far, it's just the table and not the graphic design so don't take that into account. What do you think?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9866/screenshotxiz.png

KevinR
03-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Here's the cache of the old website knowbeforeyouvote, which I always liked and is similar to this: http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20080913204238/http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/

LinusVanPelt
03-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I would consider adding Bush and Obama to the list. Bush and Obama's war policies have been identical so far. Ditto for bailouts, corporate welfare, Federal reserve chairmen, etc. More and more independent voters are ever-so-slowly coming around to that reality, and to the total lack of distinguishing characteristics between the parties. Hence the Tea party.

Obama's "health care reform," i.e. the Health Insurance Corporate Bailout, was a statist Republican wet dream. Forcing people to buy costly insurance from private companies.

Make list showing how pretty much each and every major candidate from both parties are the same, except for Ron Paul.

SanjaySingh
03-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Ok so I'm trying to do a flier that compares Ron Paul with Romney, Huckabee, Newt and Pawlenty, but I need some help with issues to compare them with that will be in Ron's favor. I want to do something like this:

Issue- Ron-Mitt-Huck-Newt-Paw
Issue1 - ✓ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗
Issue2 - ✓ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗
Issue3 - ✓ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗ - ✗

It doesn't necessarily have to be all ✗'s for the opponents, although in those cases it should be to reinforce Ron's position and clear any doubts, such as for things like pro-life.

So far I have come up with:

Against war in Iraq
Against continued presence in Afghanistan
Would phase out IRS and income taxes
Served in the US Armed forces

What other issues should we use that show Ron is the best candidate? Also, if you can give me the other guys' stances on the issue so I fill out the table easily.

Thanks in advance!

great post.

IDefendThePlatform
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok this is what I have so far, it's just the table and not the graphic design so don't take that into account. What do you think?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9866/screenshotxiz.png

Sweet chart. Makes me want to vote for him :) Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

South Park Fan
03-05-2011, 04:49 PM
In fairness, doesn't Huckabee at least pretend to support abolition of the IRS, even though we all know that his "Fair"tax wold have to have some revenue enforcement agency of comparable magnitude?

matt0611
03-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Against federal takeover of healthcare too.

MelissaWV
03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I would reduce the number of issues you compare them on, and group them (or consider splitting it into multiple charts).

If people see a big chart, they might go "TLDR" on you.

Consider putting the personal aspects first (military experience, Congressional experience, votes) and then a chart of proposed action/inaction.

I would eliminate the "sound money" line because that goes over most folks' heads, and you've already got a line about auditing the Fed.

I would also stick to more concrete things. Saying someone's against "costly nation-building projects" doesn't give me an idea of what will really happen, if I've never heard of Ron Paul. You might want to pick a particular project, like an embassy, and post the outrageous cost... and then Ron's opposition. Be careful to pick a project where his opposition is clearly noted.

There are also entirely too many "AGAINST" statements. Instead of being against Federal takeover of education (which makes it sound a little kooky), he supports returning control of education to state and local levels, for example.

matt0611
03-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I would reduce the number of issues you compare them on, and group them (or consider splitting it into multiple charts).

If people see a big chart, they might go "TLDR" on you.

Consider putting the personal aspects first (military experience, Congressional experience, votes) and then a chart of proposed action/inaction.

I would eliminate the "sound money" line because that goes over most folks' heads, and you've already got a line about auditing the Fed.

I would also stick to more concrete things. Saying someone's against "costly nation-building projects" doesn't give me an idea of what will really happen, if I've never heard of Ron Paul. You might want to pick a particular project, like an embassy, and post the outrageous cost... and then Ron's opposition. Be careful to pick a project where his opposition is clearly noted.

There are also entirely too many "AGAINST" statements. Instead of being against Federal takeover of education (which makes it sound a little kooky), he supports returning control of education to state and local levels, for example.

All very good points!

Keep it short, just the basics, think positive. I like it :)

eduardo89
03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for thr tips, I'll do another draft in the next few days

AZKing
03-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah! I totally forgot this one too:

Against Selective Service / Draft

Another thing that young people identify with.

Doug8796
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1035/2012issues.png

Cutlerzzz
03-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Romney, Huckabee, Palin, and Pawlenty all used to support cap and trade before it became unpopular. I believe that all of them lie about it now.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274512-Green-skeletons-lurk-in-GOP-closets-of-Romney-Huckabee-Pawlenty-Gingrich-and-Palin/page3