PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman: U.S. Should Weigh Iran Attack

propanes
06-10-2007, 02:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070610/ap_on_go_co/us_iran;_ylt=AgV3Zwxy4qmpo.3DKIwoBkqs0NUE

beermotor
06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
This is truly disgusting, and somehow totally not surprising.

If Lieberman is in such a rush to go to war against Iran, why isn't he toting around a rifle?

graystar
06-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Yep

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/us-should-strike-iran-lieberman/2007/06/11/1181414165962.html

Seems like you might want to get some democrats on board here too.

Ronbot
06-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't see what the issue is with invading Iran. They're heavily supporting terrorists who are killing our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Intelligence has shown they are actively developing nuclear weapons.

What more do we need to justify an attack?

Give me liberty
06-10-2007, 04:18 PM
This is truly disgusting, and somehow totally not surprising.

If Lieberman is in such a rush to go to war against Iran, why isn't he toting around a rifle?

Is that same Joe Lieberman who called
The KLA Freedom fighters? :rolleyes:

RPR-omaha
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't see what the issue is with invading Iran. They're heavily supporting terrorists who are killing our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Intelligence has shown they are actively developing nuclear weapons.

We could justify an attack but why launch one. The benifets are less than the costs. Why wasn't an attack launched against N. Korea when they tested their weapons. Just b/c they thearten Israel doesn't mean they will do anything. Also just let Israel do the work. I'm sure they have much better intelligence on Iran and a strike launched by them would be more effective and not based on warmongering. Giving arms to insurgents in Iraq is to be expected. I hope we are doing the same thing in Iran. Its part of international politics. Plus if we attack Iran all they have to do is invade Iraq and we will be in a hell of a mess.

CJLauderdale4
06-10-2007, 04:34 PM

Careful with this rationalization...and here's why...

Pakistan ALREADY has nuclear weapons. Osama Bin Laden escaped during a cease-fire via Tora Bora into, yes, Pakistan. So, with your logic, we should've already invaded Pakistan.

Why haven't we done this?? They cannot reach us with nukes via missiles. Why have we not invaded??

Also be careful with the Islamic Facism argument as well. As much as I agree that radicals have taken over Islam, we have done much since our intervention in Iran in the 1950's to bring this about. If we use the Islam argument, we will need to invade all of North and East Africa, the Middle East, Malaysia, Chechnya, Pakistan, all of the other -stans, Turkey, etc., etc....

Imagine if we spent all of the defense money from Iraq, and secured the borders, as well as worked on R&D for WMD device detection at our customs offices. We could already be ahead of the game DEFENDING ourselves, rather than going on offense while still having porous borders...

angelatc
06-10-2007, 04:36 PM

My .02 is that unless they attack us then we don't need to be attacking them.

If we were out of the Middle East they would not be attacking us.

buffalokid777
06-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Lieberman, like too many other congressman and senators, is bought and paid for by AIPAC and will echo whatever they want him to say....

Kinda funny...we get entagled in other countries affairs.....

Other countries like Israel get involved in trying to control our affairs through AIPAC.

We need to listen to Ron Paul by not interfering in other countries affairs....

But on the flip side I think we need to get other countries like Israel from messing with our affairs through groups like AIPAC too....

Ponce
06-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Ronbot? yep you are right, Russia and China should invade the US because we (you, not me) are supporting the Zionist state of Israel......it works both way.

And the state of Israel already have nukes, why not Iran?.....it works both way.

CJLauderdale4
06-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Also remember, Poland and the Jews were working on a secret weapon to attack the Nazis. The Nazis HAD to invade first. Sounds familiar.....(Iraq WMD?)

At least Poland is geographically adjacent to Germany, so Poland COULD'VE actually attacked Germany, but Iran and the US???

buffalokid777
06-10-2007, 11:08 PM

How about an attack on American soil???

If we weren't in Iraq and Afghanistan, If your assertion is true.....they couldn't kill our soldiers.....

And as for the nuclear weapons....they are many years away from being able to make one....and even farther away from getting one onto US soil to use against us...(Well at least if anyone in washington had the inkling to protect our border somehow....875 miles of fence approved....11 miles built)

Ronbot, I almost think you're sean hannity.....or someone with ties to AIPAC

comic_man
01-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Iran has 10% of the world's oil reserves... that why they want to invade Iran...

The following explains the current white house mood on Iran....
http://comiqs.com/comics/FUctIrb3cmc/