PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: more people identifying as Republicans than Democrats

sailingaway
03-03-2011, 08:45 AM
And about 30% are independent...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/partisan_trends

Before December there had never been a time when polls found more identifying as GOP than Democrat.

madfoot
03-03-2011, 08:47 AM
rasmussen

Stary Hickory
03-03-2011, 09:03 AM
nope it's the liberal take over of the Dem party that has people fleeing. I even noticed it, the last Administration has been a true terror. I was luke warm to Obama before I knew anything about him, I was so disgusted with Bush that I said screw it, let a Dem come in......that is before Obama showed himself for what he truly was. I am an independent, always have been, I don't often vote really. For POTUS I haven't voted in years and years.

But I intend to vote against Obama next time, it will be the first time ever really. I don't think I voted for anyone before. Now this is just me, but the effect Obama and his administration has had on the populace is similar to varying degrees.

madfoot
03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
dude, you realize WE'RE liberals, right?

erowe1
03-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Who do you mean by "we"?

ds21089
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM

"Liberals want government to focus on doing what is "good," including providing what is often referred to as "social justice." To do that, among other policies, liberals expect government to: a) tax corporations and "wealthy" and "high income" citizens heavily to pay for the social justice programs and b) regulate business and personal behavior to the extent necessary for social justice.

Libertarians believe that goodness is voluntary, morality is personal, human nature cannot be legislated away, and only harm to others should be illegal.

And, though libertarians believe in limited government, as described in the U.S. Constitution, they do not want anarchy. Libertarians recognize that government has a clear and critical mission: preserving and enhancing liberty. To achieve that goal government must: a) protect citizens from foreign enemies, b) arrest, try, and punish people that harm or endanger others, and c) make judgment calls when peoples' liberties conflict. "

madfoot
03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Dunno where you got that from, but how about Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis, "of freedom")[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but most liberals support such fundamental ideas as constitutions, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, free trade, and the freedom of religion.[3][4][5][6][7] These ideas are widely accepted, even by political groups that do not openly profess a liberal ideological orientation. Liberalism encompasses several intellectual trends and traditions, but the dominant variants are classical liberalism, which became popular in the eighteenth century, and social liberalism, which became popular in the twentieth century.

Doug8796
03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
no were are more like Classical Liberals (as were our founders)

madfoot
03-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Yeah. Liberals.

erowe1
03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah. Liberals.

Liberalism =/= classical liberalism.

From the same page you linked...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism#Classical_and_modern

sailingaway
03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
rasmussen

Their house effect is because they go to 'likely voters' right away in predicting elections. This is an 'all adults', not even 'registered', so that wouldn't apply. Besides, not even rasmussen has found this to exist, before. Both parties have dropped and independents have grown. I like to think that our guys are showing people there are alternatives.

sailingaway
03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
nope it's the liberal take over of the Dem party that has people fleeing. I even noticed it, the last Administration has been a true terror. I was luke warm to Obama before I knew anything about him, I was so disgusted with Bush that I said screw it, let a Dem come in......that is before Obama showed himself for what he truly was. I am an independent, always have been, I don't often vote really. For POTUS I haven't voted in years and years.

But I intend to vote against Obama next time, it will be the first time ever really. I don't think I voted for anyone before. Now this is just me, but the effect Obama and his administration has had on the populace is similar to varying degrees.

Make sure you are registered in time to vote in the GOP primary.

Chieppa1
03-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah. Liberals.

I feel like every-time we get new members we have the same discussions. Most of us know what a classic liberal is. No one's fault of course. Just saying, we're some of the most educated voters I know.

madfoot
03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm not trying to patronize you. Point was, the Dems AREN'T liberal, and pretending they are won't get us anywhere.

April1775
03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
My father-in-law is a Goldwater Republican, but he's a registered Democrat "because that's the party of Jefferson."

He stumped door to door for Goldwater, and kind of gave up on politics when Goldwater lost. He usually writes in Mickey Mouse for president, no matter who's running, but I'm trying to convince him to write in Ron Paul.

He says his other reason for being registered Democrat is "so I can vote against the better candidate in the primaries."

malkusm
03-03-2011, 10:30 AM
My father-in-law is a Goldwater Republican, but he's a registered Democrat "because that's the party of Jefferson."

He stumped door to door for Goldwater, and kind of gave up on politics when Goldwater lost. He usually writes in Mickey Mouse for president, no matter who's running, but I'm trying to convince him to write in Ron Paul.

He says his other reason for being registered Democrat is "so I can vote against the better candidate in the primaries."

This was my Dad as well - just a Democrat because the family was traditionally Democrat, and gave that exact same reason. I worked on him and he switched affiliations to Republican last year. ;)

silentshout
03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm not trying to patronize you. Point was, the Dems AREN'T liberal, and pretending they are won't get us anywhere.

Obama is a corporatist, like Clinton etc.

I don't have to register as a republican as we now have open primaries in my state, so I won't. Staying independent.