PDA

View Full Version : Bad Students, Not Bad Schools- The war against American Kids

SanjaySingh
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/141281345X/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWv53sgTiE

Rothbardian Girl
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Please go away.

akforme
03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Please go away.

+1
Focusing on this would just lead no place because it's a symptom to a bigger problem, not a problem in itself.

olehounddog
03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Give the teachers good students? Most important message is ''Change the students, get rid of the ones that dont want to learn". hahahaha What R Girl said.

jclay2
03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Bad students are representatives of bad parents. Bad parents are representative of an over all decline in our society that has been going on for decades. The only thing that can save us now is a moral revival that leads us back to God and towards individual responsibility.

olehounddog
03-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Bad students are representatives of bad parents. Bad parents are representative of an over all decline in our society that has been going on for decades. The only thing that can save us now is a moral revival that leads us back to God and towards individual responsibility.

I am in 100% agreement

Humanae Libertas
03-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Agree to some extent to what the author of the book is saying. It's true: some students don't wanna learn and only go to school because they are forced to by law or whatever the case maybe, but, I agree 100% if a student is unwilling to learn, he or she should be thrown out of school and not be allowed back in.

No I'm not saying people should be abandoned because they fail a class or so, only if they are NOT willing to learn (Note: I don't mean indoctrinating) and are just there causing trouble for other students -- kicking 'em to the curb would save money from taxpayers instead of wasting it on hood rats who are just there to destroying education for others - sure it's easier said than done, but it is something that has never been tried before...

However, with that said - teachers and students are both to blame for the decline in quality of education.

heavenlyboy34
03-02-2011, 04:10 PM

and the decline in society is due to slow, steady deterioration from the top down-the FED, the corrupt regime, the whole thing, top to bottom.

amy31416
03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
and the decline in society is due to slow, steady deterioration from the top down-the FED, the corrupt regime, the whole thing, top to bottom.

Due to top-down, 100%? Only in people who can't think for themselves, who don't recognize their own sovereign status and who are intellectually weak enough to buy into the bullshit.

It's the nature of those who go into politics to lead the weak around by the nose...I blame the parents first and foremost. We have thousands of years of history that make it pretty damned easy to understand the dynamic of "leaders."

AZKing
03-02-2011, 04:58 PM
There's a lot that could be done with the education system. The most effective way would to just get rid of it altogether ;) But if the government insists in being in the education business, the most effective thing to do would be try different systems state to state and see what is most effective. There's so-o-o many things that could be done, so perhaps we could see what works the best and try to combine them.

jclay2
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
There's a lot that could be done with the education system. The most effective way would to just get rid of it altogether ;) But if the government insists in being in the education business, the most effective thing to do would be try different systems state to state and see what is most effective. There's so-o-o many things that could be done, so perhaps we could see what works the best and try to combine them.

Lets eliminate the schools and the property taxes that go with it! Stop renting your land from the government and increase your children's mental abilities. Sounds like a win win to me.

SanjaySingh
03-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Please go away.

That is what neocons tell Ron_paul when he speaks the truth. That means I am on right track.

Marenco
03-02-2011, 11:36 PM
"I don’t think we’ll get rid of schools any time soon, certainly not in my lifetime, but if we’re going to change what’s rapidly becoming a disaster of ignorance, we need to realize that the school institution "schools" very well, though it does not "educate"; that’s inherent in the design of the thing. It’s not the fault of bad teachers or too little money spent. It’s just impossible for education and schooling ever to be the same thing."
– John Taylor Gatto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogCc8ObiwQ