PDA

View Full Version : Taliban assassinates only non-Muslim minister in Pak cabinet for proposing reforms to...

Jack Bauer
03-02-2011, 06:55 AM
...the blasphemy law

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdSUmrq1T8&feature=feedu

That will teach 'em.

juleswin
03-02-2011, 07:27 AM
and who the f*** do we know the taliban killed him? Believe me, this people would rather kill the americans and people who support them that people like this.

KAYA
03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
and who the f*** do we know the taliban killed him? Believe me, this people would rather kill the americans and people who support them that people like this.

Well according to the report the Taliban is admitting it. And you better believe hard-lined religious fanatics such as those in the Taliban would kill someone for trying to reform blasphemy laws. Btw, have you ever heard of Sharia law, honor killings, stonings, beheadings while the perpetrators chant Alla akbar (God is great)? They are capable of some extremely brutal stuff.

Slutter McGee
03-02-2011, 09:12 AM

I realize that most people are non-interventionists like myself, but I swear some people delude themselves when it comes to the "peaceful muslims".

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Pericles
03-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Proof that God is indeed great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUQ_gnMrbc

Acala
03-02-2011, 09:36 AM
And some people delude themselves with regard to the prevalence of false flag operations used to manipulate public opinion. Not saying this IS one. But they happen ALL the time. They are SOP. It pays to watch carefully who really benefits from horrendous acts that can not be easily traced to the real source. Right now, in case you haven't noticed, there is a full-scale hate-mongering campaign being waged in this country aimed at Muslims and Sharia law with the goal of working up to a global war. There is plenty to dislike about Sharia law and ANY religious fundamentalism forcing its way into law. But keep your skeptic glasses on, there is a secret agenda at work.

Acala
03-02-2011, 09:39 AM

More likely proof that "someone" is up to the same old tricks of bobbytrapping ammo. A dirty trick if you ask me.

Jack Bauer
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/02/haunting-video-assassinated-pakistani-christian-cabinet-minister-on-why-he-defied-threats-on-his-life/

This makes two Pakistani officials murdered in two months for the “crime” of opposing the country’s blasphemy laws. The first, Punjabi governor Salman Taseer, was gunned down (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12111831) in January by one of his own security people. Who, naturally, was then treated as a hero (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/heros-welcome-for-accused-killer-of-pakistani-governor-salman-taseer/story-e6frg6so-1225982804390) by Pakistan’s many, many jihadi sympathizers.

Taseer was a liberal Muslim; Shahbaz Bhatti was a Catholic, which made him both a blasphemer and an apostate. He was a marked man and he knew it only too well, as Nina Shea (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/261104/pakistan-hero-slain-reform-efforts-nina-shea) vividly recounts at The Corner:

He had waged a strong campaign — inside the government as a minister and outside it in cooperation with human-rights groups — for the repeal of the country’s draconian blasphemy law, which mandates the death penalty for insulting Islam. The 42-year-old was a Roman Catholic, the government’s only Christian minister, and the longtime head of the All Pakistan Minorities Alliance, a non-governmental organization promoting national unity, interfaith harmony, social justice, and human equality…

Death threats were a constant in Bhatti’s life for many years. He once told me that he had never married because he did not think it would be fair to a wife and children to subject them to this concern. His work was his life: At the end of each day, he left his government Cabinet office and headed over to his office at the All Pakistan Minorities Alliance, where he continued to help Pakistan’s persecuted minorities until late into the night.

“I personally stand for religious freedom, even if I will pay the price of my life,” he had said when he received the USCIRF award. “I live for this principle and I want to die for this principle.”

A pamphlet (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/world/asia/03pakistan.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=world) left at the scene named Bhatti in connection with the blasphemy laws and claimed responsibility for Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Punjab. The second video below shows what they did to his car; this graphic photo (http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/109712616/AFP) from Getty will give you an idea of what they did to him. It’s the first video, though, that’s unforgettable — recorded four months ago, even before Taseer’s assassination, a weary Bhatti contemplates his fate. So sure was he of being murdered, in fact, that he left instructions (http://www.dawn.com/2011/03/02/bhatti-spoke-of-threats-in-video-bbc.html) with friends to send this clip to broadcasters when the inevitable deed was done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTBqUJomRE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAX828wVZBc&feature=player_embedded

Jack Bauer
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
That man is the embodiment of courage.

Anti Federalist
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I realize that most people are non-interventionists like myself, but I swear some people delude themselves when it comes to the "peaceful muslims".

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Yah, we do a very good job of propping up and supporting those "peaceful Muslims".

in the early 1980s, the CIA and the ISI (Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency) provided arms to Afghans resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and the ISI assisted the process of gathering radical Muslims from around the world to fight against the Soviets.[9] Osama Bin Laden was one of the key players in organizing training camps for the foreign Muslim volunteers. The U.S. poured funds and arms into Afghanistan, and "by 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war."[10] FBI translator Sibel Edmonds, who has been fired from the agency for disclosing sensitive information, has claimed United States was on intimate terms with Taliban and Al-Qaeda, using them to further certain goals in Central Asia.[11]

Jack Bauer
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Yah, we do a very good job of propping up and supporting those "peaceful Muslims".

This assassination has very little to do with US foreign policy.

Anti Federalist
03-02-2011, 04:36 PM

That may or may not be.

What do you suppose our society here in the US would like if, say the Chinese, blew us up on a regular basis with drone missiles, for ten years?

Jack Bauer
03-02-2011, 04:40 PM
That may or may not be.

What do you suppose our society here in the US would like if, say the Chinese, blew us up on a regular basis with drone missiles, for ten years?

We sure wouldn't use it as an excuse to assassinate one of our politicians who claims that religious freedom is a half decent thing. ;)

Vessol
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM

You really have to not take care of an AK-47 for it to actually explode like that on you..damn

BlackTerrel
03-03-2011, 02:11 AM

"believe me..." - How would you know what the Taliban prefers?

BlackTerrel
03-03-2011, 02:15 AM
And some people delude themselves with regard to the prevalence of false flag operations used to manipulate public opinion. Not saying this IS one. But they happen ALL the time. They are SOP. It pays to watch carefully who really benefits from horrendous acts that can not be easily traced to the real source. Right now, in case you haven't noticed, there is a full-scale hate-mongering campaign being waged in this country aimed at Muslims and Sharia law with the goal of working up to a global war. There is plenty to dislike about Sharia law and ANY religious fundamentalism forcing its way into law. But keep your skeptic glasses on, there is a secret agenda at work.

1. There is a law in Pakistan that anyone who criticizes the Muslim religion can be put to death.

2. This law is routinely used to persecute Christians who succeed in business or have any form of dispute with their Muslim neighbors.

3. There WAS one non-Muslim in the Pakistan cabinet who proposed changing this law.

4. He was recently asassinated.

5. Who benefits from this law which promotes Islam and discriminates against non-Muslims? Wild guess.....

6. There is a fact that out of 1.2 billion Muslims sometimes very rarely one of them does something not so nice and it is not a false flag. I know it is shocking.

BlackTerrel
03-03-2011, 02:16 AM
That may or may not be.

Christians in Pakistan blow up Muslims in Pakistan with drone missiles?

HOLLYWOOD
03-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Shahbaz Bhatti was a critic for a long time and had many enemies... it could be for a number of reasons, with many groups accepting responsibility.

I don't have the url's to certain Pakistani forums right now, but there's much information between them and PAK news print on this assassination/history.

juleswin
03-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Just like Osama Bin Laden admitting to the 911 attacks? Just ask yourself this question. Who benefits? the Americans are receiving serious heat from the population and they seem to want them out of the country and then this happens. There is always something that happens to said country when they are about to throw us out. The trouble with North Korea and ship sinking when Japan and South Korea started to grow restless, sectarian violence in Iraq when they start protesting and Al qeda threats in Yemen amongst many others.

Unless these people are complete morons, I don't see them attacking and admitting to attacking when the US is on the defensive in the area.

doodle
03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Aren't we just about to up our foreign aid for them. It is almost becoming a solid correlation now that the closer an "ally" is to us who gets aid from us, the rights for religious minorities and women seem to be worse there. Saudi Arabia, new Iraq, Pakistan, Israel...what do they all have in common? They are supposedly our close "allies".

Reminds me of this thread:

Iraq's new Islamic regime held a kangaroo trial to sentence Iraq's frm Christian minister to death, a politically motivated trial that was condemned by Human Rights watch. Can anyone explain why the Pope, Pastor Pat Robertson and Reverend Mike Huckabee are silent over this?

Tariq Aziz still faces execution in Iraq

The Guardian, Wednesday 29 December 2010

As the US and UK accuse Russia of a "politically motivated sentence" and the pope accuses China of lack of freedom for Christians, former deputy prime minister and foreign minister Tariq Aziz sits in Iraq awaiting execution (Report, 30 November). A Christian and victim of a politically motivated trial, he knows the truth of western duplicity over Iraq.

The silence of the pope, archbishops, the Foreign Office (despite William Hague claiming to put human rights firmly at the centre of his policies) has been woeful. All have been approached by anti-death-penalty campaigners, including many eminent people, such as bishops. None has even replied to correspondence. Tariq Aziz is a symbol of the "democracy" brought to the new Iraq. His trial was condemned by Human Rights Watch – which had called for it consistently – as "fundamentally flawed" and they said that the "court should overturn the verdict".

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274548-Iraq-s-Islamic-regime-to-execute-Christian-minister-Pope-is-silent&

Acala
03-03-2011, 08:53 AM
3. There WAS one non-Muslim in the Pakistan cabinet who proposed changing this law.

4. He was recently asassinated.

5. Who benefits from this law which promotes Islam and discriminates against non-Muslims? Wild guess......

The quesion is not who benefits from the law. The question is who benefits from killing its sponsor? And the answer is potentially lots of different people including people who are trying to drum up hatred against Muslims in THIS country. Not really sure how Muslims in Pakistan benefit from the killing. Their religion certainly wasn't under attack.

6. There is a fact that out of 1.2 billion Muslims sometimes very rarely one of them does something not so nice and it is not a false flag. I know it is shocking.

You will note that I did not claim that it is a false flag. I merely suggest the possibility and urged people to remain skeptical. I am not really much of a conspiracy guy. I think the more complicated a conspiracy would need to be and the more people that would need to be involved, the less likely it is really a conspiracy just because you can't hold it together in secret. But an assassination is EASY to pull off with a small group and a false flag.

But we KNOW our government, and other governments who have an interest in ginning up hatred against Muslims, have a history of false flag operations.

I am merely suggesting that acts that don't seem to have a purpose but which generate hatred might just be INTENDED to generate hatred.

And as long as I am on the soap box, I should pioint out that the entire art of politics and the practice of obtaining and maintaining State power is based on manipulating people's emotions. This is primarily done with rhetoric and lies, but is also done with strategic acts of propaganda, including false flag operations. So if you find yourself being stimulated by words or seemingly random acts to think you and yours are under attack or to hate a certain group of people, be very wary that you are being manipulated.

doodle
03-03-2011, 09:06 AM

The macro environment where this event occured or assassination of Benazir took place are very directly married to our foreign policy.

If you disagree, you think it is all random that couple of decades ago when we were funding Taliban Jihadis, they were killing Communist Infidels and today they are fighting "Christin infidels"?

Above is the most likely link. There is a less likely scenario where sometimes military dominated regimes can secretly plot to sponsor attacks on religious minorities to squeeze more foreign aid from US to fight those extremists (as may have happened in Egypt few months ago) or try to frame some group for political benefit as this failed rogue Turkish military plot showed:

http://www.opednews.com/Quicklink/Turkish-Gladio-Updates-th-in-General_News-101230-20.html

http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkframe.php?linkid=124415

ExPatPaki
03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
1. There is a law in Pakistan that anyone who criticizes the Muslim religion can be put to death.

This law existed before Pakistan even was on world maps. The British created this law in colonial India, making it illegal to blaspheme against any religion. This law is still on the books in India. In Pakistan, the US supported dictator, Zia ul Haq, added the death penalty to the law. No one has yet to be executed because of this law.

2. This law is routinely used to persecute Christians who succeed in business or have any form of dispute with their Muslim neighbors.

Not really. This law's victims have been mostly Muslims from the lower economic class who were accused by other Muslims, most likely because of long standing family and tribal feuds. Most cases have been thrown out, but some people are killed by vigilante justice. You don't hear about the Muslims victims of this law, because the Western focuses only on Christian victims. Successful people in Pakistan, regardless of their religion, are not bound by any law. If a rich, successful Christian was actually accused of blasphemy, (something that would never happen) he would just need to pay off a couple of people and he would be quickly let go. There might not even be a trial and the accusers themselves would face harsh penalties.

5. Who benefits from this law which promotes Islam and discriminates against non-Muslims? Wild guess.....

I don't think this law promotes Islam, or does anything for Islam, but the extremist Muslims because of their insecurity, certainly think that it does. The law itself is of British colonial origin. The death penalty was added to this law by a crazy US supported military dictator who was instrumental in the American proxy war against the USSR with the mujaheddin who later became the Taliban.

Also, discrimination in Pakistan, at least for jobs, has very little to do with religion, its mostly based on ethnicity and socio-economic status.