PDA

View Full Version : Paul Polls 7th among likely southern voters

Dave Aiello
03-02-2011, 04:00 AM
http://www.thestate.com/2011/03/02/1719169/huckabee-is-gop-leader.html

Survey is embedded at the bottom. Notice the discrepancy between those describing themselves as "learning republicans" / registered voting republicans and republicans who are LIKELY to vote.

S.Shorland
03-02-2011, 04:27 AM
I wonder if Ann Funderburk,our caring respiratory therapist,actually exists? She wants to hear more about Pawlenty and she is so nice and caring that you should want to hear more about him,too?! Did she just blurt out to 'The State' 'I want to hear more about Pawlenty!' or did 'The State's' pollster plant a seed with a statement about him somehow? hmmm?

Dave Aiello
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
the latter.

libertybrewcity
03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
How you can tell this poll is bs: one, the poll was taken over a six day period.

two, how many people were polled? 100, 200, 5000?

three, how was the poll conducted? Internet survey? telephone?

four, and probably most important, registered voters or likely voters?

Dave Aiello
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
How you can tell this poll is bs: one, the poll was taken over a six day period.

two, how many people were polled? 100, 200, 5000?

three, how was the poll conducted? Internet survey? telephone?

four, and probably most important, registered voters or likely voters?

good points. I believe Ron finished 5th amongst "registered republicans" and 7th amongst "likely voters". Also, these most likely were land-line calls, so an older demographic. In any case, we can all agree: There is work to be done!

Epic
03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Guys, this is a decent result.

Southern states aren't necessarily his strongest - big neocon pro-war Christian right territory.

And he still got 6.4% with 25% saying they weren't sure. So out of 75% out of the vote, he already got 6.4%.

He's basically tied with Romney, and Christie - who isn't running - is just a point ahead.