PDA

View Full Version : Wow!! Amazing Jesse Ventura Episode on 2012!!

dannno
03-02-2011, 03:28 AM
If this doesn't freak you out I don't know what will..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEgUk4AMiM

Zippyjuan
03-02-2011, 03:51 AM
At least we will be able to stop worrying about that one after next year. That millenium thing was disappointing too. That was supposed to be the "big one" as well. But if we keep saying that this or next year is the one- eventually somebody will be right!

NASA on the solar flares for 2012:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?
A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

From another NASA piece:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2009/29may_noaaprediction/

May 29, 2009: An international panel of experts led by NOAA and sponsored by NASA has released a new prediction for the next solar cycle. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots.

"If our prediction is correct, Solar Cycle 24 will have a peak sunspot number of 90, the lowest of any cycle since 1928 when Solar Cycle 16 peaked at 78," says panel chairman Doug Biesecker of the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.

BuddyRey
03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm much more optimistic about 2012 than most. I don't think it's going to be the end of the world or "just another year", but something much more beautiful and life-affirming than that. And I'm not just referring to the election.

sevin
03-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow. This just makes me doubt a lot of the other episodes.

dannno
03-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow. This just makes me doubt a lot of the other episodes.

What?! Why?

Let me guess, you didn't watch it.

Oh!! I was right.. You're just making assumptions about the content of the episode.

dannno
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
At least we will be able to stop worrying about that one after next year. That millenium thing was disappointing too. That was supposed to be the "big one" as well. But if we keep saying that this or next year is the one- eventually somebody will be right!

NASA on the solar flares for 2012:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

From another NASA piece:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2009/29may_noaaprediction/

Wow, you watched the first 5 minutes, congratulations.

Maybe you can explain the rest of the episode for once and see what all the fuss is about?

dannno
03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Clearly nobody who has commented in this thread has actually watched the episode, I'd like to see more comments from informed posters, please!

I don't need to know everybody's pre-conceived notions about 2012, I need to know what you think of all this CRAZY RIDICULOUS STUFF Jesse reports in THIS episode!

dannno
03-02-2011, 10:30 AM
BTW, I have no idea if any big disasters are going to happen in 2012, but that's not the main point of the episode and that is why I am ribbing the above posters who are dwelling on it.. what he is doing is documenting the wealthy and the government's reaction and preparation to said events.. This is incredible stuff!!

sevin
03-02-2011, 10:39 AM
What?! Why?

Let me guess, you didn't watch it.

Oh!! I was right.. You're just making assumptions about the content of the episode.

Okay, you got me. But I've watched a ton of stuff about 2012. I skipped through this episode, watched several minutes, and didn't see anything new. The government and the rich & powerful have been preparing for potential eotw scenarios ever since WWII.

dannno
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Okay, you got me.

I know.. it wasn't a guess.

But I've watched a ton of stuff about 2012. I skipped through this episode, watched several minutes, and didn't see anything new. The government has been preparing for potential eotw scenarios ever since WWII.

You're missin out!!

There is some absolutely INSANE shit he finds in this episode!!

His show is choppy and repetitive for mainstream television, "skipping through" isn't really that effective.

dannno
03-02-2011, 11:37 AM
bump

jclay2
03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Gosh dannno, after the fifth bump, I think I might have to watch this :)

dannno
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I'll keep bumping it until some other people watch it and freak out and help keep it bumped cause it's crazy shit

Acala
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Clearly nobody who has commented in this thread has actually watched the episode, I'd like to see more comments from informed posters, please!

I don't need to know everybody's pre-conceived notions about 2012, I need to know what you think of all this CRAZY RIDICULOUS STUFF Jesse reports in THIS episode!

Okay. I struggled through the whole thing.

Sifting out the hyperdramatized crap (how can people watch this s%*t?), you have the following:

A really powerful solar flare would disrupt and damage electronics and electrical grid infrastructure. True, but how badly?

What we know about solar cycles suggests that we are nearing a solar maximum that "might" produce more solar activity than usual. True, but not much evidence that it will be catastrophic.

The government has built, and continues to build, underground facilities. True, but old news. The government has been building underground facilities for fifty years and it has nothing to do with solar flares or 2012. But at least some of it does relate to escaping civil disorder regardless of the cause. And it is true that the facilites are being built for a specific club and you aren't in it.

The Denver airport has some funky eco-disaster art work and a corner stone that, like most cornerstones, has a masonic emblem because, well, that's what masons do. Build stuff out of stone. And carve their emblem in it.

So, does he make a case for secret illuminati knowledge about a 2012 solar catastrophe and the building of underground cities as a response? Not even close.

dannno
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Okay. I struggled through the whole thing.

Sifting out the hyperdramatized crap (how can people watch this s%*t?), you have the following:

The show is made to perform on mainstream television. Live with it.

A really powerful solar flare would disrupt and damage electronics and electrical grid infrastructure. True, but how badly?

This is discussed at length in the episode.. they admit it could be a small issue or potentially a large one. Why do you act like it isn't answered?

What we know about solar cycles suggests that we are nearing a solar maximum that "might" produce more solar activity than usual. True, but not much evidence that it will be catastrophic.

Uh, the BIG solar cycle is supposedly an 1100 year cycle.. the last mini cycle set telephone lines on fire, they didn't even have an electrical grid, but it is expected that it would have taken it out, even if it is the same strength. There is also an easy way to prevent this, which the electrical companies aren't doing. Are you sure you were paying attention??

The government has built, and continues to build, underground facilities. True, but old news. The government has been building underground facilities for fifty years and it has nothing to do with solar flares or 2012. But at least some of it does relate to escaping civil disorder regardless of the cause. And it is true that the facilites are being built for a specific club and you aren't in it.

The Denver airport has some funky eco-disaster art work and a corner stone that, like most cornerstones, has a masonic emblem because, well, that's what masons do. Build stuff out of stone. And carve their emblem in it.

You missed the ENTIRE middle section about the wealthy people building underground condos in old nuclear missile silos..

I also am not sure why you wouldn't recommend people see the stuff from Denver airport for themselves, rather than take your word that it means nothing.

So, does he make a case for secret illuminati knowledge about a 2012 solar catastrophe and the building of underground cities as a response? Not even close.

Are you fucking kidding me?? Not only does he make a great case for it, but he pretty much seals the whole damn thing up!!

Not a very good review, unless your reviewer name is "Debby Downer".. You can't possibly mention any of the amazing crazy shit that he brings up, and you put a completely negative spin on everything. Useless for someone who might be interested in watching it.

jmdrake
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
BTW, I have no idea if any big disasters are going to happen in 2012, but that's not the main point of the episode and that is why I am ribbing the above posters who are dwelling on it.. what he is doing is documenting the wealthy and the government's reaction and preparation to said events.. This is incredible stuff!!

I haven't watched it yet. But I do know that government at all levels have been engaged in building bunkers. Here in Tennessee former Governor Bredesen bucked a lot of opposition to build an underground bunker with an entertainment area as large as the White House east room.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/gop-lawmakers-ask-suspension-%E2%80%98bunker%E2%80%99-project

dannno
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I haven't watched it yet. But I do know that government at all levels have been engaged in building bunkers. Here in Tennessee former Governor Bredesen bucked a lot of opposition to build an underground bunker with an entertainment area as large as the White House east room.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/gop-lawmakers-ask-suspension-%E2%80%98bunker%E2%80%99-project

Wow, that's pretty fuckin interesting.. that is along the lines of the type of stuff in the episode, thanks!!

kpfareal
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I watched this when it first came out on TruTV. My wife and I have seen every episode of the show, love it!

dannno
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
bump

neumoljiv
03-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I'll keep bumping it until some other people watch it and freak out and help keep it bumped cause it's crazy shit

you don't really buy the bunk about denver international airport, do you?

dannno
03-02-2011, 01:08 PM
you don't really buy the bunk about denver international airport, do you?

Buy the bunk? I didn't know there was anything for sale.

I think the show documented the situation pretty clearly, people can make decisions for themselves.

I also know that you can't possibly disprove anything that was on the show, all you can do is pretend that half the stuff he presented doesn't exist and use a bunch of negative language like Acala did in their review. I'm not interested in people who are so skeptical that they assume that things that aren't 100% proven must be 100% false when there is clearly no other explanation and no reason for it not to be true. That is a ridiculous attitude to have about this sort of stuff.

Dreamofunity
03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I can't stand scripted drama pretending to be real dialogue.

11 mins in, I'll comment on content afterwards, maybe.

Acala
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
The show is made to perform on mainstream television. Live with it. .

I choose to live without and very happily, thank you.

This is discussed at length in the episode.. they admit it could be a small issue or potentially a large one. Why do you act like it isn't answered?.

Discussion and hype are not the same as evidence. All I saw was speculation.

Uh, the BIG solar cycle is supposedly an 1100 year cycle.. the last mini cycle set telephone lines on fire, they didn't even have an electrical grid, but it is expected that it would have taken it out, even if it is the same strength. There is also an easy way to prevent this, which the electrical companies aren't doing. Are you sure you were paying attention??.

The only solar cycle of which I am aware that has ANY scientific documentation is a cycle of about 11 years not 1100. Obviously, nobody was recording solar cycles 1100 years ago.

They are speculating that here will be a huge flare in the next couple years and they are speculating that it will be extremely disruptive. They have no direct evidence of either one and the indirect evidence is sparse.

You missed the ENTIRE middle section about the wealthy people building underground condos in old nuclear missile silos...

No, I just didn't think it was significant. Plenty of reasons for building underground. I would if I could afford it and I am not expecting the sun to rain death and destruction down upon us anytime soon.

I also am not sure why you wouldn't recommend people see the stuff from Denver airport for themselves, rather than take your word that it means nothing.

I didn't say people shouldn't watch it. Anyone who likes wild speculation about disasters and conspiracies, have at it.

Are you fucking kidding me?? Not only does he make a great case for it, but he pretty much seals the whole damn thing up!!.

You have a lower threshold of proof than I do.

Not a very good review, unless your reviewer name is "Debby Downer".. You can't possibly mention any of the amazing crazy shit that he brings up, and you put a completely negative spin on everything. Useless for someone who might be interested in watching it.

Sorry, scary film clips, fear-mongering narration, and dire speculation don't do it for me. I like facts. There is plenty to be concerned about without this kind of stuff - unless you watch it for entertainment.

In fact, I don't discount the possibility of some horrendous natural disaster possibly including solar activity. I just don't see any evidence that it is going to happen on any humanly predicted schedule or that the government or "rich people" have advanced knowledge and are building cities underground.

Orgoonian
03-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for posting the vid Danno.
Overall i enjoyed it.
I was unaware of the solar flare situation,and i am not sure i buy into all of it.I lack that kind of education haha.
The D.I.A however is something i believe ALL people should know about.Whether a person believes,or not,the 2012 doomsday scenario,the activities there do not bode well for mundanes.

Flash
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I didn't watch the video but I saw the episode on TV before. The information on the underground bunkers is heaps interesting. I remember reading about the Swedish (or Norwegian?) government building similar structures in case of an emergency.

dannno
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I choose to live without and very happily, thank you.

That's great, but you're going to miss a lot of great information. It's not my favorite style either, but that's the most effective technique and style to use for mainstream television.. so I deal with it, and I am glad that this type of information is getting out into the mainstream. You can sit back and complain while millions of people are being educated if you want, but I'm not going to have such a horrible attitude.

Discussion and hype are not the same as evidence. All I saw was speculation.

If all you saw was speculation then you are lying and you didn't actually watch the episode very carefully or get the point at all. Again, NOBODY has any fucking clue what is going to happen in 2012, the point of the episode is the preparations that are being done by wealthy individuals and governments in response to the science. If you're going to sit here and say that Ventura was "speculating" about that, then you are being very dishonest here.

In fact, I don't discount the possibility of some horrendous natural disaster possibly including solar activity. I just don't see any evidence that it is going to happen on any humanly predicted schedule or that the government or "rich people" have advanced knowledge and are building cities underground.

Then you didn't watch the episode.

dannno
03-02-2011, 01:20 PM
The D.I.A however is something i believe ALL people should know about.Whether a person believes,or not,the 2012 doomsday scenario,the activities there do not bode well for mundanes.

Yes precisely, the shit he presents in this episode is insane, for people to say he is presenting speculation are really not paying attention.

IThe information on the underground bunkers is heaps interesting. I remember reading about the Swedish (or Norwegian?) government building similar structures in case of an emergency.

Wow, that's not surprising either.

ds21089
03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
If you want FACTS so badly, why don't you go to the bunkers there and ask. Oh wait..even if you WERE allowed there they wouldn't tell you their intentions. Just because something isn't spelled out for you doesn't make it moot. You honestly think something of this proportion would be released in the media controlled by the government and give us all a heads-up so we can have time to find the bunkers in the tens of thousands and take control of them?

Of course you won't find solid, concrete facts unless you can go to the source and investigate yourself. There's TONS of articles by people claiming huge bunkers were built in areas somewhat close to them. What purpose would those bunkers serve exactly? Why keep them secret?

It's a FACT that many things are kept from the people. Who's to say this isn't one of them? Also, in the video one of the people talking with Jesse clearly stated that people who were working on the construction of the bunkers were very suspicious about it and talked to him..What motive would these construction workers have to lie about things like that?

If you want to live with the wool pulled over your eyes, so be it. However, I am an open-minded person and I encourage the rest of you to be the same.

Unfortunately, it seems we are left with two options. Believe it and make it a huge case, convince TONS of people, take action to find the truth (very unlikely) and if we are wrong about it...so what? No harm no foul.

If you choose to not do anything about it and it does happen to be true..well you're pretty screwed.

One last thing I will mention is well..look how much panic there is around the world now and it hardly has anything to do with 2012. In fact, all of our problems are created by man and it just so happens we're all in panic about money, job, food, war, left vs right and any politics. So my question is..is it a HUGE coincidence that all these crazy events just so happen to be around 2012 or is it a diversion? You decide.

dannno
03-02-2011, 01:41 PM
If you want FACTS so badly, why don't you go to the bunkers there and ask. Oh wait..even if you WERE allowed there they wouldn't tell you their intentions. Just because something isn't spelled out for you doesn't make it moot. You honestly think something of this proportion would be released in the media controlled by the government and give us all a heads-up so we can have time to find the bunkers in the tens of thousands and take control of them?

Of course you won't find solid, concrete facts unless you can go to the source and investigate yourself. There's TONS of articles by people claiming huge bunkers were built in areas somewhat close to them. What purpose would those bunkers serve exactly? Why keep them secret?

LOL, you keep saying to do EXACTLY what Jesse Ventura did on his show and filmed... I dont' expect to get further than he can.. but it's not a bad idea..

If you choose to not do anything about it and it does happen to be true..well you're pretty screwed.

Yup, that's true.. I have no idea what is ACTUALLY happening, I just think it would be nice for this information to get out there so we as a species can decide what we want to do about it. One person knowing about the information is just a crazy guy screaming on the corner.. it's not very useful.

ds21089
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Yup, that's true.. I have no idea what is ACTUALLY happening, I just think it would be nice for this information to get out there so we as a species can decide what we want to do about it. One person knowing about the information is just a crazy guy screaming on the corner.. it's not very useful.

Exactly. That's my point. So basically what I'm saying is..either we take action to figure it out through brute force (beyond what Jesse was allowed to see) which I honestly don't see happening, or we just die (or don't die) depending on what happens. Are you ready to take the lead? Lol......

neumoljiv
03-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Buy the bunk? I didn't know there was anything for sale.

I think the show documented the situation pretty clearly, people can make decisions for themselves.

I also know that you can't possibly disprove anything that was on the show, all you can do is pretend that half the stuff he presented doesn't exist and use a bunch of negative language like Acala did in their review. I'm not interested in people who are so skeptical that they assume that things that aren't 100% proven must be 100% false when there is clearly no other explanation and no reason for it not to be true. That is a ridiculous attitude to have about this sort of stuff.

i've spent a few years reading about these conspiracy theories at the new airport

they're baseless and silly; here's an excerpt from an article that shows what the artist says about his mural:

DIA Conspiracies Take Off

http://img40.imagefra.me/i532/neumoljiv/sill_4c8_uc3e3.jpg

Artist Leo Tanguma doesn't understand how conspiracy theorists find hidden messages in his mural on environmentalism.

Back in 1994, Leo Tanguma was working in his studio in the Lakeside Mall when a van full of people pulled up.

"And they weren't hostile," he recalls. "They asked a lot of questions." They wanted to know about all the different symbols in the murals that he'd been commissioned to make for the still-unopened DIA. "And I explained it like I explain it to everybody," the artist says. The first part of the environmental mural is about the ways that humans destroy nature and themselves through destruction and genocide. The second part is about humanity coming together to rehabilitate nature and revive their own compassion.

Tanguma likes to keep things simple. He may be left-wing, but he says he's not a liberal intellectual. He's a Christian who thinks of his murals as painted sermons, depicting the virtues of the poor and hardworking, and warning against the evils of greed and violence. Like many painters trained in the Mexican style of mural art, Tanguma gears his work to the street and all of its elements, everyone from businessmen and college professors to people like his parents, who were all but illiterate. The last thing Tanguma wants is for viewers to mistake his meaning.

The visitors stayed for more than an hour, looking around his studio, talking. One of the women asked Tanguma if the airport had told him what to paint. He remembers that, because he remembers how she said it. He told her no, that he was given no instructions on content. And then the visitors began to talk about how the United Nations was another conspiracy to take over the United States.

"How do you figure that?" he asked.

Before they left, they went to the back of their van and pulled out a thick, photocopied book detailing the U.N. conspiracy. They gave Tanguma the book. He knew where it was until about ten years ago, when he moved his studio from the strip mall to a modest house in Arvada where he lives with his wife.

many other aspects of the conspiracy theories are discussed in the rest of the article

http://www.westword.com/2007-08-30/news/dia-conspiracies-take-off/full

libertygrl
03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm much more optimistic about 2012 than most. I don't think it's going to be the end of the world or "just another year", but something much more beautiful and life-affirming than that. And I'm not just referring to the election.

yep. i believe that as well.

JoshLowry
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Watched the first 30 minutes last night. Did I miss them debunking Patrick Geryl? The guy who predicts a polar flip.

http://www.2012hoax.org/patrick-geryl

dannno
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Exactly. That's my point. So basically what I'm saying is..either we take action to figure it out through brute force (beyond what Jesse was allowed to see) which I honestly don't see happening, or we just die (or don't die) depending on what happens. Are you ready to take the lead? Lol......

No, I prefer to have everyone informed so that we can decide what to do.. Recall what I said earlier about being the crazy guy screaming on the corner vs. everybody knowing what is going on and actually dealing with it.

dannno
03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
i've spent a few years reading about these conspiracy theories at the new airport

they're baseless and silly; here's an excerpt from an article that shows what the artist says about his mural:

DIA Conspiracies Take Off

http://img40.imagefra.me/i532/neumoljiv/sill_4c8_uc3e3.jpg

Artist Leo Tanguma doesn't understand how conspiracy theorists find hidden messages in his mural on environmentalism.

Back in 1994, Leo Tanguma was working in his studio in the Lakeside Mall when a van full of people pulled up.

"And they weren't hostile," he recalls. "They asked a lot of questions." They wanted to know about all the different symbols in the murals that he'd been commissioned to make for the still-unopened DIA. "And I explained it like I explain it to everybody," the artist says. The first part of the environmental mural is about the ways that humans destroy nature and themselves through destruction and genocide. The second part is about humanity coming together to rehabilitate nature and revive their own compassion.

Tanguma likes to keep things simple. He may be left-wing, but he says he's not a liberal intellectual. He's a Christian who thinks of his murals as painted sermons, depicting the virtues of the poor and hardworking, and warning against the evils of greed and violence. Like many painters trained in the Mexican style of mural art, Tanguma gears his work to the street and all of its elements, everyone from businessmen and college professors to people like his parents, who were all but illiterate. The last thing Tanguma wants is for viewers to mistake his meaning.

The visitors stayed for more than an hour, looking around his studio, talking. One of the women asked Tanguma if the airport had told him what to paint. He remembers that, because he remembers how she said it. He told her no, that he was given no instructions on content. And then the visitors began to talk about how the United Nations was another conspiracy to take over the United States.

"How do you figure that?" he asked.

Before they left, they went to the back of their van and pulled out a thick, photocopied book detailing the U.N. conspiracy. They gave Tanguma the book. He knew where it was until about ten years ago, when he moved his studio from the strip mall to a modest house in Arvada where he lives with his wife.

many other aspects of the conspiracy theories are discussed in the rest of the article

http://www.westword.com/2007-08-30/news/dia-conspiracies-take-off/full

Uhh that's nice, but why does the picture above block the most important parts of the mural? It seems like a very slanted article.

Where does he explain this one?

http://www.alopecianmuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/murals03.jpg

Secondly, obviously somebody had to approve these murals before they went up.. Even if the artist had one intent, what if the intent of the person who chose the artist was different? Your article certainly won't explain that.

Zap!
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Welcome to last year. :)

Acala
03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
yep. i believe that as well.

Some deeply wise people seem to be saying the same thing. Human beings are entering a phase of spiritual evolution.

dannno
03-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Some deeply wise people seem to be saying the same thing. Human beings are entering a phase of spiritual evolution.

What would be funny is if all the elite and govt. people went underground, and the radiation from the sun ended up frying the inner core of the earth and killed them all while everybody on top simply hunkered down in some shelter for a couple days or longer ,during the day in their homes or shelter, and mostly survived.

Unfortunately they are going to be taking a lot of really ridiculously hot women down into their caves.. that will be sooo sad... :(

neumoljiv
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Uhh that's nice, but why does the picture above block the most important parts of the mural? It seems like a very slanted article. Where does he explain this one?

it was explained in the bold text of my previous post [#31]
here it is again:

"The first part of the environmental mural is about the ways that humans destroy nature and themselves through destruction and genocide."

Secondly, obviously somebody had to approve these murals before they went up.. Even if the artist had one intent, what if the intent of the person who chose the artist was different? Your article certainly won't explain that.

it does explain it, why not read the article instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions?

rutgerscamdenYAL
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
What would be funny is if all the elite and govt. people went underground, and the radiation from the sun ended up frying the inner core of the earth and killed them all while everybody on top simply hunkered down in some shelter for a couple days or longer ,during the day in their homes or shelter, and mostly survived.

Unfortunately they are going to be taking a lot of really ridiculously hot women down into their caves.. that will be sooo sad... :(

hahaha nice! ...btw if the world was going to end in 2012 and the elite knew it , what would building bunkers do? just sayin...

devil21
03-02-2011, 02:52 PM
There's already been some GIANT solar flares just in the last couple weeks. Fortunately they havent headed this way but the odds of one eventually heading toward us is pretty good over the next couple years. I don't think I'd trust NASA, seeing how it's a government agency and the whole point of the theory (and this episode) is that the Feds aren't saying what they know.

The underground bunkers have long been confirmed but the Denver airport has always been interesting to me. There's definitely some strangeness about the symbolism there. Some of the murals were recently painted over due to "public complaints". I suspect that also mean "public attention"....

dannno
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
hahaha nice! ...btw if the world was going to end in 2012 and the elite knew it , what would building bunkers do? just sayin...

Well the theory is that everybody will burn from the radiation, except people who are underground.

dannno
03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't think I'd trust NASA, seeing how it's a government agency and the whole point of the theory (and this episode) is that the Feds aren't saying what they know.

Ya I'm not sure how Zippy misses the entire point of these things sometimes.

devil21
03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
(put on your biggest tinfoil hat now)

Well the theory is that everybody will burn from the radiation, except people who are underground.

How does mercury react to radiation? How about flouride? Ive wondered before if the chemicals we are involuntarily pumped with aren't somehow going to react to the extreme radiation from a huge solar flare. I dont think people will "burn" from it, but rather the energy itself can react with our bodies in ways we can't imagine. And no way to know how the chemicals inside us will react.

HOLLYWOOD
03-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Here's a good site for Solar activity and reports. There's D/L apps for the iPhone, etc.

http://www.spaceweather.com/

The daily Solar Flux X-RAYS chart: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/xray_5m.html

ds21089
03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
No, I prefer to have everyone informed so that we can decide what to do.. Recall what I said earlier about being the crazy guy screaming on the corner vs. everybody knowing what is going on and actually dealing with it.

Yes that's what I meant, informing people so that we have the numbers to do such a thing. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to not believe this conspiracy. First of all, countries are getting pretty hostile right now and many have TONS of nukes. Who's to say these aren't bunkers for them to hide just in case there's nuclear warfare? I hope that never happens, but maybe that's the case.

Also, this guy goes into a discussion about most of the topics mentioned in that video: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4194 I'm not saying this guy knows the truth, but I think he at least gives a couple logical ideas.

The only thing that even keeps me thinking that this is possible is the solar flares and the hole which would leave us exposed. If that statement can be proven wrong, I might start to think that perhaps 2012 really is a spiritual testing of good vs evil..However the weird thing about that is how exactly would Mayans know when a spiritual test would take place? It would make more sense for them to know how to study the the skies and figure out what will happen (but how would they know of this hole that is here all of a sudden and supposedly wasn't then?)

I know I'm questioning a lot of things I say, but it's simply because I want to lay out all of my thoughts for both sides of this "conspiracy" and obviously none of us know with 100% certainty what's going to happen.

dannno
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes that's what I meant, informing people so that we have the numbers to do such a thing. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to not believe this conspiracy. First of all, countries are getting pretty hostile right now and many have TONS of nukes. Who's to say these aren't bunkers for them to hide just in case there's nuclear warfare? I hope that never happens, but maybe that's the case.

I thought there was a bigger fear of nukes being used back during the Cold War.. but I'm sure in building these things the builders are thinking of it as a good multi-purpose investment.

The only thing that even keeps me thinking that this is possible is the solar flares and the hole which would leave us exposed. If that statement can be proven wrong, I might start to think that perhaps 2012 really is a spiritual testing of good vs evil..However the weird thing about that is how exactly would Mayans know when a spiritual test would take place? It would make more sense for them to know how to study the the skies and figure out what will happen (but how would they know of this hole that is here all of a sudden and supposedly wasn't then?)

There is a presentation called "The Mayan Calendar Comes North", it's a two part video on google video, 3 hours long.. very worth while to watch, although it doesn't get much into the 2012 stuff it provides a really good base.

(I recommend clicking on the links so you can see better what he's writing on the white board)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8689261981090121097#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8689261981090121097#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-567329528148516232#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-567329528148516232#

RonPaulCult
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I just watched the entire episode. I wish Jesse's show would deal more with hard facts instead of so much speculation - but I guess they have to make it interesting for ratings.

Some of that information was good, some was lacking. I will say that I have been reading about Denver International for the last 7 years or so, and it is quite clear that they have built something massive underneath it. While that does make it a conspiracy, that doesn't make it wrong. It's true our government has built bunkers since the cold war and have kept them secret. And I don't know if I have SUCH a problem with that.

It is true that Denver's old airport was fine. It is true that the airport is far away from the city and it takes forever to get to. That "NEW WORLD Airport Commission" stone tablet thing is REAL and nobody knows what the hell that is. So make of that what you will...

RonPaulCult
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
By the way Jesse, Unsolved Mysteries just called - they want their scary music back.

dannno
03-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I just watched the entire episode. I wish Jesse's show would deal more with hard facts instead of so much speculation - but I guess they have to make it interesting for ratings.

I don't think there is much speculation at all... the show format is "some conspiracy theorists believe __________________, so we are going to dig up as much information on that as we can, then you can decide if there's merit to the theory, do your own research and educate others about your findings."

Vessol
03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't think there is much speculation at all... the show format is "some conspiracy theorists believe __________________, so we are going to dig up as much information on that as we can, then you can decide if there's merit to the theory, do your own research and educate others about your findings."

You missed the part where Jesse Ventura gets to wear a leather jacket and act angry and scowl down at people while talking about how he was once a Navy SEAL.

eOs
03-02-2011, 04:53 PM

??? there was a terrible amount of speculation. Regarding the solar flares, regarding what the elites are doing building construction sites, what 2012 means, what painted murals mean etc etc. There was barely any fact, it was all "Well I'm an expert and ____ says this ____".

Regardless of that, wouldn't it be awesome if television would incorporate links to websites on their broadcasts so you can check where they got their references as you listen to them on TV?

speciallyblend
03-02-2011, 05:00 PM

haha classic avatar, what movie was that again? and where did you get your justin beiber hairdo pouch pic??

dannno
03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
??? there was a terrible amount of speculation. Regarding the solar flares, regarding what the elites are doing building construction sites, what 2012 means, what painted murals mean etc etc. There was barely any fact, it was all "Well I'm an expert and ____ says this ____".

I didn't see much bad speculation. They talked about the results of past solar flares, what did happen then and what would happen if the same magnitude solar flair hit today.. They said that it could knock some power out, or all power out. I don't really see that as being in the realm of speculation even, I mean, it is, but not in a dishonest way. There is nothing wrong with taking evidence we know to be true and speculating about what it may lead to.. it is doing it without evidence that is real speculation.

Regardless of that, wouldn't it be awesome if television would incorporate links to websites on their broadcasts so you can check where they got their references as you listen to them on TV?

Ya that would be nice, especially for the news.

SilentBull
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I refuse to watch that show until they change their stupid format lol: I can't stand when they all sit around a table, and the horrible actors get to play their part of either believer or skeptic. Either get better actors, or stop acting! I never understood the point of that. It just makes the show look stupid.

dannno
03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I refuse to watch that show until they change their stupid format lol: I can't stand when they all sit around a table, and the horrible actors get to play their part of either believer or skeptic. Either get better actors, or stop acting! I never understood the point of that. It just makes the show look stupid.

I guess so, it's only like 2 minutes of the whole show tho usually..

The format is not for you, it is for the tv audience. We watch it so we know what the people are being exposed to, and to learn anything new that Jesse might come up with by actually going on-site to some of these places.

SilentBull
03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I guess so, it's only like 2 minutes of the whole show tho usually..

The format is not for you, it is for the tv audience. We watch it so we know what the people are being exposed to, and to learn anything new that Jesse might come up with by actually going on-site to some of these places.

They should get better actors then. No one is buying the role those guys are playing.

dannno
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
They should get better actors then. No one is buying the role those guys are playing.

They aren't just actors, they are investigators. I don't doubt they have more investigators behind the scenes that we don't see, but I don't think the front investigators are just actors.

Zippyjuan
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Wow, you watched the first 5 minutes, congratulations.

Maybe you can explain the rest of the episode for once and see what all the fuss is about?

Actually I did watch the whole thing. He raises some of the old and since disproven theories about symbolism in some of the murals and the cornerstone at DIA airport. New is his theory that there is a tunnel connecting Cheyane Mountain to DIA- such a tunnel would have to pass 120 miles through mostly solid granite (which is why Cheyane Mountan was built where it was). LIke all his shows he combines scary music with some twisted facts and inuendos to hint at more sinister things afoot. Toss in the phrase "blow your mind" a few times.

dannno
03-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Actually I did watch the whole thing. He raises some of the old and since disproven theories about symbolism in some of the murals and the cornerstone at DIA airport. New is his theory that there is a tunnel connecting Cheyane Mountain to DIA- such a tunnel would have to pass 120 miles through mostly solid granite (which is why Cheyane Mountan was built where it was). LIke all his shows he combines scary music with some twisted facts and inuendos to hint at more sinister things afoot. Toss in the phrase "blow your mind" a few times.

I wasn't aware you couldn't tunnel through granite...

http://www.pz87.dial.pipex.com/paul1.pdf

Teaser Rate
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Any true believer interested in signing a contract which would transfer the ownership of the deed to your house on Jan 1, 2013 in exchange for a sizable sum of money right now ?

Zippyjuan
03-02-2011, 09:19 PM
You can. It takes lots of time, money and effort. Cheyane Mountain took three years (May 1961- May 1964) to dig and at most only goes a couple miles down. To the DIA airport would be at least 65- 70 times further. DIA contsruction started in 1989.

dannno
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Well it's good to know tunnelling technology has improved so much in the last 50 years.

dannno
03-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Any true believer interested in signing a contract which would transfer the ownership of the deed to your house on Jan 1, 2013 in exchange for a sizable sum of money right now ?

Ok, but only if it's RIGHT NOW!!!

Uuuuuppp..... too late..

QueenB4Liberty
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, that freaked me out. Whether it's from an environmental disaster, or an economical one, it just makes me sick that the elite will have someplace to go while the rest of us die. I wonder how much one of those cilo condos would cost?

AZKing
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
I just got done watching the episode. Not bad, I guess. I've always been somewhat skeptical of 2012 conspiracies. What scares me a lot more is civil unrest caused by a dollar crash ;)

I've been keeping 6 months worth of water/canned food since around 2008; been trying to grow my own stuff too.

TheConstitutionLives
03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
WOW! If this doesn't freak you out I don't know what will..

Could you be any more dramatic, Alex? This episode is old and has been posted a long time ago.

MN Patriot
03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Here's an idea: Suppose the crisis happens and the elite are hiding in the bunkers. What did they do with all the bulldozers and excavators? They left them sitting outside. All we have to do is bury the 70 ton doors and don't let them out.

AFPVet
03-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I believe it was this episode where they mentioned something about clues at the DIA for anyone who could figure out how to access the shelter.

tpreitzel
03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Regardless of the motivation for building numerous underground facilities, a fact known for decades, NO one will escape the consequences, and I'm NOT referring specifically to 2012. Although fruitless to collect, want to place a bet? ;)

I was thinking of Haman and his gallows while watching this episode... but this time the bunker will likely be the gallows of their graves. ;)

TheeJoeGlass
03-02-2011, 11:33 PM
This show is garbage.

dannno
03-03-2011, 12:10 AM
This show is garbage.

No it isn't, it has tons of interesting information.

devil21
03-03-2011, 01:48 AM

So I lose my house if I lose and I lose my life if I win? Doesn't sound like a fair bet.

CaliforniaMom
03-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Ok, I watched the whole show. Honestly I don't think the government is building bunkers because of theories about possible solar flares in 2012. I think it has to do with the upcoming economic collapse and the massive riots that will result from it.
The Denver Airport bunker seems plausible, and was interesting to hear about. I've been to that airport before because my dad lives near it. It's kind of strange to think the whole place could be on top of a massive secret government bunker.
All this stuff about underground bunkers reminds me of the game Fallout 3.
Oh, I looked up the price of the survival condos.... the cheapest one is $900,000. Seems reasonably priced, but I don't think it's necessary. This whole 2012 solar flare thing is so hyped up.

eOs
03-03-2011, 03:15 AM
the cheapest one is $900,000. Seems reasonably priced, but I don't think it's necessary.
holy shite.

This whole 2012 solar flare thing is so hyped up.
agreed

MN Patriot
03-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Here's an idea: Suppose the crisis happens and the elite are hiding in the bunkers. What did they do with all the bulldozers and excavators? They left them sitting outside. All we have to do is bury the 70 ton doors and don't let them out.

Hey MN Patriot, great idea! Like usual, you have a brilliant idea, but people ignore it.

Yeah, thanks.

Are you worried about 2012?

No, its mostly a bunch of fear mongering. But it probably wouldn't hurt to be prepared for some sort of natural disaster.

I like the idea of burying the rich and powerful in their own bunkers. Kind of poetic justice, almost something straight out of the Twilight Zone.

Yeah! :D They spent billions of our tax dollars to protect themselves from the rest of us mundanes, but we get the final laugh. Bury the bastards who have been exploiting us for all these years.

We should start a campaign, something like "Bury the Bastards in 2012". Let them know they really aren't safe from the apocalypse. They intend to leave the rest of us outside, pounding on the doors. That will piss us off. So we just fire up the bulldozers and excavators and entomb them. Screw them. Let Dick Cheney and George Bush fight it out over who gets to eat one another.

I like it.

Thanks.

pochy1776
12-18-2012, 10:06 PM
I DON"T WANT TO DIE.

Indy Vidual
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
I like the idea of burying the rich and powerful in their own bunkers. Kind of poetic justice, almost something straight out of the Twilight Zone.

Yeah! :D They spent billions of our tax dollars to protect themselves from the rest of us mundanes, but we get the final laugh. Bury the bastards who have been exploiting us for all these years.

We should start a campaign, something like "Bury the Bastards in 2012". Let them know they really aren't safe from the apocalypse. They intend to leave the rest of us outside, pounding on the doors. That will piss us off. So we just fire up the bulldozers and excavators and entomb them. Screw them. Let Dick Cheney and George Bush fight it out over who gets to eat one another.

I like it.

Thanks.

Very original, +Rep.

HOLLYWOOD
12-18-2012, 11:24 PM
http://s.ytimg.com/yts/img/meh7-vflGevej7.png "Conspiracy Theory with Jess..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

Sorry about that.

devil21
12-19-2012, 02:32 AM
They're definitely trying to bury these shows. I have to search and record Conspiracy Theory episodes because there's no set schedule for them. 3am seems to be the average airing for a NEW episode. Even when I go the Trutv website the videos never come up right.

AGRP
12-19-2012, 02:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssxEvQNa16E&feature=youtube_gdata

Zippyjuan
12-19-2012, 02:30 PM
They're definitely trying to bury these shows. I have to search and record Conspiracy Theory episodes because there's no set schedule for them. 3am seems to be the average airing for a NEW episode. Even when I go the Trutv website the videos never come up right.

Try YouTube. I just did a quick search and a bunch popped up. Trying to bury them?- Oh yeah. Another consipracy.