PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul plans Wyoming visit

me3
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2007/10/23/news/wyoming/doc471e6058175ad022345609.txt

CHEYENNE -- Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul will be in Cheyenne Sunday for a fundraiser and rally at the Plains Hotel.

The rally, to begin at 1:30 p.m., is open to the public. The fundraiser is scheduled from 3 to 5 p.m.

According to a release from the Paul campaign, the minimum donation is $500 and the suggested donation is $1,000. Seats can be reserved online at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

A Texas congressman, Paul, 72, has been described as a conservative, a constitutionalist and a libertarian. His opposition to the Iraq war has distinguished him from other GOP hopefuls.

He would be the sixth presidential hopeful to visit Wyoming this year.

Diana
10-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Just 2 days away! :)

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
It's so funny - this is NOT meant as a dig against Wyoming, but the sixth candidate to visit there this year? My god! I wonder why they are ignoring us when there are less than 6 Presidential candidates in NH at one time. LOL. :)

JM

Diana
10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
It's so funny - this is NOT meant as a dig against Wyoming, but the sixth candidate to visit there this year? My god! I wonder why they are ignoring us when there are less than 6 Presidential candidates in NH at one time. LOL. :)

JM

Most years we don't get any at all coming here. Zero. The main reason for moving to Jan. 5th was so the state would have some part in the process, and not be utterly ignored. It seems to have worked. It's the least populous state in the Union and getting any kind of attention from candidates is a pretty big deal just because it doesn't ever happen.

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, that's great. I'm glad you're getting to see some of the candidates up close. It just shocked me, is all. I mean, in NH it is QUITE common to be able to meet 3 Presidential
candidates in a day. I do have a lot of respect for Wyoming though. :)

JM

malibu
10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Wyoming did give us Dick Cheney - the sleep during cabinet meetings guy - so the other GOP candidates already figure they got ya' nappin' I guess.