PDA

View Full Version : Video: Proposed bicycle license plates legislation angers NY citizens

amy31416
03-01-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9S8NL5-HWY&feature=local_news

Being proposed in Albany, NY--but legislator thinks it may be a better fit for NYC.

Seems to me that these guys just ride around all day dreaming up new ways they can bleed people dry.

Danke
03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
They should include tricycles, skateboards and roller-skates.

MikeStanart
03-01-2011, 08:39 PM
They should include tricycles, skateboards and roller-skates.

And Pedestrians.

kah13176
03-01-2011, 08:41 PM
And Pedestrians.

I thought the same thing. I ride all the time! What's next? Forcing cyclers to buy insurance?

amy31416
03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
And Pedestrians.

Definitely. Shoes should be licensed...Stilletos should be required to have high-risk insurance, along with a special license and training.

amy31416
03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I thought the same thing. I ride all the time! What's next? Forcing cyclers to buy insurance?

That is suggested in the video!

kah13176
03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
That is suggested in the video!

Sorry, didn't watch the video because I read an article about this elsewhere and that article didn't mention insurance.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
My shoe license plate holder is patent pending as of this moment. :)

http://i53.tinypic.com/1pdxjm.jpg

Danke
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Maybe get coverage under an umbrella policy. Provided the umbrella is licensed.

Jack Bauer
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I think its a fantastic idea.

Most "bikers" in NYC are annoying uber-leftist, Marx worshipping, trustfund leeching, liberal arts degree holding, bearded, nasal hipster douchebags who love the nanny state and want the government to kill those evil corporations, business owners and save us from ourselves.

Its good to see their own pet project come and bite them in the ass.

Talk about schadenfreude. I fully support this law!

amy31416
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM

Most "bikers" in NYC are annoying uber-leftist, Marx worshipping, trustfund leeching, liberal arts degree holding, bearded, nasal hipster douchebags who love the nanny state and want the government to kill those evil corporations, business owners and save us from ourselves.

That's too bad--you support laws based primarily on partisan bullshittery, rather than principle. That could never come back to bite you firmly on the ass, could it?

For the record, there are many bikers who don't fall into the categories that you state.

http://susty.com/image/ron-paul-bike-bicycle-michael-maresco-lake-jackson-texas-photo.jpg

Jack Bauer
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
That's too bad--you support laws based primarily on partisan bullshittery, rather than principle. That could never come back to bite you firmly on the ass, could it?

For the record, there are many bikers who don't fall into the categories that you state.

http://susty.com/image/ron-paul-bike-bicycle-michael-maresco-lake-jackson-texas-photo.jpg

I hardly think you'll find them in NYC.

I am just taking perverted pleasure in seeing the supporters of the nanny state being eaten by the state.

And I find it immensely satisfying.

amy31416
03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I hardly think you'll find them in NYC.

I am just taking perverted pleasure in seeing the supporters of the nanny state being eaten by the state.

And I find it immensely satisfying.

Good for you. Enjoy. Hope it doesn't spread elsewhere...but when it does, and it effects you, somebody else can have a good laugh.

aGameOfThrones
03-02-2011, 12:57 AM

You're no better!

aGameOfThrones
03-02-2011, 12:59 AM
More revenue schemes! More restrictions!

Philhelm
03-02-2011, 01:02 AM

Nothing wrong with beards.

Danke
03-04-2011, 10:39 AM
bump

amy31416
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
We ought to sic PeeWee on that congressbitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvVqWqi36vE&feature=related