PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Convention

LibertyIn08
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
http://biggovernment.com/ramato/2011/03/01/tea-party-nominating-convention-announced/

At this very moment an historic press conference is taking place in Topeka, Kansas, to announce The National Tea Party Nominating Convention, also known as Freedom Fest 2011.

If you are a Tea Party activist or someone who is sick and tired of being forced to choose the “best available Republican candidate from among the worst,” then this is the event you have been waiting for.

The nominating convention will take place in America’s heartland, Kansas City, October 5th-9th, 2011. Over 1 million people are expected to attend, including several of the U.S. Presidential hopefuls.

Thomas
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
1 million people? i call bs, but this is definitely an event we need a presence at. they stole the name from mark skousen's annual FreedomFest in Las Vegas tho...this needs to be added to our events thread

wizardwatson
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I live in Topeka, WTH? I didn't hear jack about this.

LibertyIn08
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I live in Topeka, WTH? I didn't hear jack about this.

Planning has just started.

We just need to keep our ears to the ground.

Thomas
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
so it seems only delegates from tea party groups can vote in the straw poll...
http://www.freedomfest2011.com/about/how-freedom-fest-works/

cdc482
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm going.

cdc482
03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
With a name like Freedomfest, I'm betting this will turn into a Rally for the Republic type event.

LibertyIn08
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
so it seems only delegates from tea party groups can vote in the straw poll...
http://www.freedomfest2011.com/about/how-freedom-fest-works/

Correct but this means local tea party or 9/12 groups.

Join your local one now and it shouldn't be an issue.

muzzled dogg
03-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Lol I'll add it but no way they draw one million

$20.12 says they don't get one thousand

LibertyIn08
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Lol I'll add it but no way they draw one million

$20.12 says they don't get one thousand

Our local tea party convention had a few thousand.

wizardwatson
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Our local tea party convention had a few thousand.

How exactly does one find their "local tea party group"?

Here? http://www.theteaparty.net/

LibertyIn08
03-01-2011, 04:30 PM
How exactly does one find their "local tea party group"?

Here? http://www.theteaparty.net/

malkusm's liberty atlas has a bunch listed.

Alternatively, search on google/facebook for tea party + your town/county/state's name. That should yield something. A lot of towns/counties have multiple groups.

wizardwatson
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
malkusm's liberty atlas has a bunch listed.

Alternatively, search on google/facebook for tea party + your town/county/state's name. That should yield something. A lot of towns/counties have multiple groups.

Yeah, I know about Malk's thread. He's got 8 groups listed in KS. www.theteaparty.net has 25, with no overlap with malk's map.

Thomas
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I know about Malk's thread. He's got 8 groups listed in KS. www.theteaparty.net has 25, with no overlap with malk's map.

:o oy vay we need to work on matt's map

wizardwatson
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
:o oy vay we need to work on matt's map

Well, much of what's listed on teaparty.net is just aggregated organization name and contact, that's it. Not sure the reliability of the info.

LibertyIn08
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, much of what's listed on teaparty.net is just aggregated organization name and contact, that's it. Not sure the reliability of the info.

I guess you can be one of our guinea pigs to ensure the veracity of the list, at least in your area. ;)

hazek
03-01-2011, 05:34 PM
How much do you want to bet that Palin get's the nod which automatically sinks Ron?

LibertyIn08
03-02-2011, 05:14 AM
How much do you want to bet that Palin get's the nod which automatically sinks Ron?

That is why we need to make sure we are there. We can set the dialogue at these events if we show up in large, well-coordinated numbers.

Captain Shays
03-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Two of the groups we NEED to get on board with Ron Paul are the Christians and the Tea Party activists. We NEED to take back the Tea Party for Ron Paul's campaign where it began.
The issues the mainstream Tea Party has abandoned with the co-opting efforts of neo conservatives are the all important non-interventionist foreign policy and sound money (END THE FED). The latter of the two in my opinion is the most significant because ALL other issues that threaten our republic stem from that including the interventionist foreign policy. The Tea Party has been successful in rearing in patriots who want smaller government, who want elected officials who uphold the Constitution but like Glenn Beck's deflections away from the two MAIN issues waters down the message. Thats why we get Tea Party politicians who vote to re-authorize the Patriot Act, continue to meddle in the affairs of other countries, and will say nothing about the Federal Reserve.

One way to get Christians on board is to KNOW the history of foreign policy and our original adherence to the Christian Just War Principles.
There are only four instances mentioned in the bible where a person could kill another and not be in violation of the Commandment that is correctly translated "Thou shall not murder"

1) capital punishment

2) by accident

3) in self defense

4) in defense of your loved ones.

Our foreign policy was modeled after Switzerland and they adhered to the Christian Just War Principles

The ONLY just war is a war of self defense.
If there is an invading force on the border of your country it is assumed that if they penetrate your country's border, they will kill you and your family so in that case, it was justified to take up arms to defend your country because you are really defending your family. But the response must always be in proportion to the threat. In other words, you would not be justified after you fend off the attack, to go into the other country and start to kill their family. You should kill as humanely as possible and not try to cause unnecessary suffering. No torturing. If your enemy is wounded, tend to his wounds. If he is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him water. If he is out in the elements give him cover.

If you want to convince Christians and many Tea Party activists who are Christians that a non interventionist foreign policy is workable, was the intent of our founding fathers and is what Jesus the Prince of Peace would want then KNOW these principles. They CANNOT argue against them for they would be arguing against the founders who they claim to admire and they would be arguing against their bible which they profess to believe.

Also, our history shows that we were a neutral and non interventionist country until progressive Democrats took over and ignored the founding fathers and those Christian Just War Principles. So when modern Republicans advocate under the guise of "we're strong on defense" to continue to police the world, stick our noses in the business of other countries and get us involved in wars against countries that never attacked us or threatened us, EVEN for some do good humanitarian cause like Lybia, Somalia, Bosnia or whatever, they are advocating for a foreign policy that the founders detested, the Constitution doesn't allow and which runs counter to biblical principles for we cannot free people in other countries without killing people in other countries.

Trust me. These arguments work on neo cons, and Christians very well. Its their main hang up for supporting Ron Paul. Now we need to convince Ron Paul to tell them what he WOULD do to keep us safe and not just what he wouldn't do. Example. Install a missile defense system, an extensive civil defense system that would enable us to survive an attack from a rogue nation, bring our troops home to protect our shores and water ways, inspect the 36,000 shipping containers that come into our country every say that don't get inspected and secure our borders. When people hear that they KNOW instinctively that we would be MUCH safer than by policing the world.

So if you attend any of these Tea Party rallies or you talk to Christians about Ron Paul it is essential in my opinion that you go armed with material that expresses what you just read.

Maybe I'm not the best writer and maybe it doesn't come across that well in this forum but I do this EVERY day with a captive audience and I convince them one, two, three or more at a time and I KNOW these arguments work and the people I talk to learn something new that they can spread to other people.

CableNewsJunkie
03-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Sounds like Rally for the Republic - Part 2 -- we should jump on board and get behind this in full force.

muzzled dogg
03-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Sounds like Rally for the Republic - Part 2 -- we should jump on board and get behind this in full force.

:eek:

doesn't sound that way to me. sounds like glen beck's 9/12 march part 2

CableNewsJunkie
03-02-2011, 07:58 AM

I just joined (10 minutes ago) the Tea Party Patriots to embed myself. No, I will not be sending that organization any money. But I haven't dealt with this organization at all yet, and I'd like to see how much upward mobility there is within it.

Also, the Tea Party Patriots website seems to be pretty well integrated in allowing you to join and contact other groups and plan events.

LibertyIn08
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM

Take it as a hint to turn it into RftR pt. 2.