PDA

View Full Version : Redstate.com Admits Defeat

sandersondavis
10-23-2007, 06:32 PM
October 23,2007

The widely read self-proclaimed conservative website surrendered today to the Ron Paul Revolution onslaught. Once thought to be an enclave for free and open speech of tradition American values, redstate has now admitted through its actions that it embraces the tactics and most probably the goals of the Democrat party.

“Silencing the expression of Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty has long been a standard Democrat party tactic,” said Sanderson Davis, a Ron Paul supporter and sometimes poster to ronpaulforums.com. He went on to say, “The Ron Paul Revolution has stripped the thin veneer off redstate that separated them from the all controlling, big taxing, and overbearing positions of the Democrat party. It is now obvious to even the most casual observer that there in no difference at all between Hillary Clinton, redstate founder Erick Erickson, and the Bush wing of the Republican party.

Davis continued, “This is a death blow to redstate. They attempted cut of new members and ideas. Like the Democratic party they will slowly wither on the vine. I predict that redstate and its founder Erickson will continue down this path of Orwellian thought control and institute even more restrictive and harsher controls in a effort to stop the explosive growth of the Ron Paul revolution.

me3
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
People should get a life. It's a damn private website.

Let's win an election!

Lord Xar
10-23-2007, 06:38 PM
huh? I am confused.. how did they surrender.. I missed something..............

Redstate just turned into another MSM controlled drone creating stomping ground for war-mongers and big spenders...

You sure its "private" -- eagle publishing owns it, along with"human events"...

sandersondavis
10-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Redstate just turned into another MSM controlled drone creating stomping ground for war-mongers and big spenders...

My take is that they surrendered by banning new Ron Paul supporters from posting about Ron Paul. So yeah, I think this is a victory for us.

As far as private, me3 is right. However it is a site that did invite discussion until we rolled over them.

me3
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
As far as private, me3 is right. However it is a site that did invite discussion until we rolled over them.
Imagine if we could have harnessed all of those man hours spent fighting into contacting potential supporters...

rs3515
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Imagine if we could have harnessed all of those man hours spent fighting into contacting potential supporters...

No doubt ...

Elwar
10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
So they surrendered...will they open up my IP address so I can read their website again?

Oh wait...scratch that. I don't really care.

klamath
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM

I agree. If the people that hang out there haven't been converted by now they never will be. We need to focus our energy toward a more target rich environment.

sandersondavis
10-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Maybe I can do better with this post.

My intent was not to encourage online action. I am a firm believer in wearing out some shoe leather. In my opinion too much time is spent online and not enough time is spent on the streets in front of living breathing people.

My intent was to spin the redsate ban as a positive. Ron Paul's message is positive. "The other guys" are fighting back now and that's good because it demonstrates that we have made progress. Be glad they are fighting back. Don't give up we are winning!

EvilEngineer
10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
:: sigh :: reading some of the material over there on redstate ( never seen it before) .... it's idiots like that who have brought this country to this turning point, they just don't fucking get it. Makes me want to just burn down their server and hunt down their subscribers for sport.

Tina
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=EvilEngineer;308587]:: sigh :: reading some of the material over there on redstate ( never seen it before) .... it's idiots like that who have brought this country to this turning point, they just don't fucking get it. Makes me want to just burn down their server and hunt down their subscribers for sport.[/QUOTE

Please do. Just be sure to catch and release.

EvilEngineer
10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Please do. Just be sure to catch and release.

Nah, think I'd give them a taste of their own medicine. Hold them indefinably with no charges, no explanation, torture for information and a good laugh. Wonder how long of this treatment it would take before they figure out how important habeas corpus is.

Revolution9
10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

Piffle.

:cool:
Randy

alaric
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM

actually, i've been disturbed by the term 'red state' to begin with. since when has a communist symbol (red) been used for a real american anyway:p

r3volution
10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
moron alert : if you people would just stop going there , mentioning them and linking them they would probably disappear from there own lack of support and traffic .

and before you post , i know i linked them 1 time , but that is because i received an email for my meetup group about them . i never would have known who they were other wise .

Bob Cochran
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I have a very stern message for those of you who have taken offense to every obscure poll and blog and forum that doesn't care for Ron Paul.

You have made him look stupid.

He is not stupid, but look, the man already has an image problem. He is not especially dashing looking, and he has a high, shrill voice that can be really irritating. He is not telegenic, and he does not project himself as someone who could be in charge of our country.

He has a magnificent philosophy, life story, and voting record. Too bad more people don't appreciate that.

Those of you who focus on incredibly trivial things and who spend all day on this forum are not doing him any favors. You have magnified his already bad image.

The negative spin on him on the Internet has grown lately. Doesn't look like many of you are using your time wisely by becoming delegates. You sit in front of your computers and think you can affect the outcome of an election with your keyboards and mice.

Get a life, you guys. Ron Paul is losing ground and your geekiness is hurting him.

Put up some money, makes some signs, go talk to some people face to face about
Ron Paul, become delegates. Enough of this Internet stuff already. This game has run its course.

It's a tragedy how many of you have chosen to waste your time and energy.

Ron Paul could have had a chance, but your addiction to your computers has killed his chances.

:mad::mad::mad:

alaric
10-24-2007, 01:04 AM
I have a very stern message for those of you who have taken offense to every obscure poll and blog and forum that doesn't care for Ron Paul.

You have made him look stupid.

He is not stupid, but look, the man already has an image problem. He is not especially dashing looking, and he has a high, shrill voice that can be really irritating. He is not telegenic, and he does not project himself as someone who could be in charge of our country.

He has a magnificent philosophy, life story, and voting record. Too bad more people don't appreciate that.

Those of you who focus on incredibly trivial things and who spend all day on this forum are not doing him any favors. You have magnified his already bad image.

The negative spin on him on the Internet has grown lately. Doesn't look like many of you are using your time wisely by becoming delegates. You sit in front of your computers and think you can affect the outcome of an election with your keyboards and mice.

Get a life, you guys. Ron Paul is losing ground and your geekiness is hurting him.

Put up some money, makes some signs, go talk to some people face to face about
Ron Paul, become delegates. Enough of this Internet stuff already. This game has run its course.

It's a tragedy how many of you have chosen to waste your time and energy.

Ron Paul could have had a chance, but your addiction to your computers has killed his chances.

:mad::mad::mad:

i disagree with some of this. i agree we should be more proactive and not quarrel amongst each other. but i think our good doctor IS telegenic. and his honesty and straightforwardness grows on his attackers. just look at how much nicer hannity was to him! and i and my family don't just punch keys on a computer. we really don't have the money, but i contribute about $100 a month, my wife has contributed $200 total and we have bought and distributed Ron Paul cards and i just ordered 500 more. we involve waiters/waitresses, cashiers, bank tellers and officers, gas station attendants, all kinds of people.:)

LeFou
10-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I think that's a bit much; personally, I get "out there" as much as I can, door to door stuff. It's just not always possible, and when I'm stuck in the office I surf around some RP sites. I suspect a lot of the "Paulbots" are the same way.

Others: if you want to get RedState's attention, there is *only one way: contact their advertisers; let them know you will not be using their services, nor letting anyone you know do so, as long as they advertise there.

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Redstate did NOT admit defeat. The juvenile behavior of Paul supporters is, aside from low name recognition, the campaign's biggest problem.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=244558#poststop

Shellshock1918
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM

LAWL, he just countered his own argument.

torchbearer
10-24-2007, 09:16 AM
So they surrendered...will they open up my IP address so I can read their website again?

Oh wait...scratch that. I don't really care.

I think he meant, they surrendered the charade. IN other words, we forced them to stop pretending to be for true conservative ideas... by putting those ideas on their website and then watched them block any new ideas from entering their website, they have all the right to do so... but it does show what they value, and its not the ideas of free open discourse.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-24-2007, 09:28 AM
People should get a life. It's a damn private website.

Let's win an election!

But are we asking for government interference? It's fair game.